Notices

Old 03.08.2019, 13:30
JD VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
Merged YT threads.

@Patr100
Your video is downloading fine here![/B]
Well I'm still getting the same error message. Already tried re-adding it several times.

Did my log file give any clues?

Last edited by Patr100; 03.08.2019 at 19:31.
Old 05.08.2019, 06:54
DSL Light User

Exclamation Unable to add YouTube account in Account Manager

Hi!

After entering correct user name & password, window "Check account" appear and after then new window Message "Cannot add Account because Premium Account".

What this mean and how to all my YouTube account ?

Thank You and have a nice day!
Old 05.08.2019, 13:10
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei_Shablovsky View Post
After entering correct user name & password, window "Check account" appear and after then new window Message "Cannot add Account because Premium Account".
What this mean and how to all my YouTube account ?
Please use search/check this thread. Account login is currently unstable/broken and doesn't work reliable.
Old 05.08.2019, 13:10
JD Manager

@Patr100: I can reproduce the issue,thanks
Old 06.08.2019, 05:33
DSL Light User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Please use search/check this thread. Account login is currently unstable/broken and doesn't work reliable.
So right now not possible to use JDownloader 2 for YouTube at all?
Old 06.08.2019, 11:27
JD Manager

@Sergei_Shablovsky: Don't know. Maybe only few videos are affected, maybe more, maybe all.
Old 07.08.2019, 14:09
JD VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei_Shablovsky View Post
So right now not possible to use JDownloader 2 for YouTube at all?
It will still work fine for most links but possibly not for those that require a logged user eg: age restricted content.

Last edited by Jiaz; 07.08.2019 at 15:09.
Old 07.08.2019, 15:16
JD Manager

Please share some more non working links
Old 07.08.2019, 16:27
Baby Loader

Default Youtube Video Names not Showing Up

I am trying to download some videos from a Youtube playlist. The video names that Jdownloader get do not include the name on the Youtube playlist page. Is there some kind of a disconnect with some Youtube playlists that could cause this, I went to another playlist and it includes the names that were on the playlist on Youtube in the the name that it gives on Jdownloader.

My video name is set to (in Youtube plugin settings):
*videonumber[0]*. *3D* *360* *VIDEO_NAME* (*H*p_*FPS*fps_*VIDEO_CODEC*-*AUDIO_BITRATE*kbit_*AUDIO_CODEC*).*EXT*

Thanks in advance
Old 07.08.2019, 16:29
Community Manager

Merged YT issues threads.

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 07.08.2019, 17:16
JD Manager

@iridius: please provide example links
Old 07.08.2019, 21:22
Modem User

At the moment no YouTube link work at all for me.
Like the links are not recognized at all.
Even with deep analysis it doesn't work.

Log:
Code:
07.08.19 20.19.43 <--> 07.08.19 20.20.47 jdlog://9798186935451/
Old 08.08.2019, 12:16
pinkbecca

I'm trying to download this video in 1080p but it shows offline **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Old 16.08.2019, 04:27
Super Loader

Default Strange behavior with the YouTube variants selector

I've been noticing this for a while, but today I finally paid close attention and tried to put my finger on what was going on.

Given that I don't think it's really feasible to make an automatic variant selection rule to suit all my different needs when downloading YT sources (a really advanced IA would be needed, I'm afraid), I decided to set JD to only automatically add thumbnails and text descriptions as a handle so I can later select the variants manually to suit my needs for each case.
Personally, I would just have the description selected automatically, but some videos don't have a description, and that would result in some of the links not being added at all, so I added the thumbnails too so there's always a link to use as handle.
I did this to avoid having to go through lists of links removing unwanted variants all the time and THEN selecting the ones I DO WANT. This way I save myself from having to do the former.

So, in this case, I'm trying to get audio only from this music playlist
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Generally, I prefer Opus audio, but it seems not all files have Opus, so I select all links and download both Opus and the M4A AAC variant, and later recheck the list so see if there's something I don't want, or after downloading.

Well, here come the problems.

First of all, for some reason, even thouhg I specifically select Opus and M4A, for many of the links I also get .aac variants that I don't want because they don't have lenght info, it seems. I even get .aac variants when choosing only Opus.
So I went over some of the links individually, and I found that some of them had Opus 128, others 152 and others 160, even though when doing the variant selection on all of them at once, only a 128kbit version was shown to me. For those that, individually, didn't show an Opus 128kbit version, I got 128kbit .aac instead.

I haven't tried all possible combinations, but in general terms, there seems to be a problem when displaying available variants over multiple URLs, and when there's a mismatch between what it shows and what there actually is, I get .aac instead, even if I only select Opus.

Is this a bug or do I have something misconfigured?

I guess my use case is kind of odd and the selector is not well tuned to deal with my abuse
Old 16.08.2019, 16:51
Community Manager

Merged YT threads.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 16.08.2019, 17:27
JD Manager

@radorn: YT uses variable bitrate and depending on your settings, JDownloader either shows the upper limit or the average. for example with normal settings Opus128 means vbr with max 128 but average can be different. you can also configure Settings-Advanced Settings-Youtube.doextendedaudiobitratelookupenabled then JD probes the file and shows the verage result.
aac files don't have any timing information because they are the raw aac stream. not every video has the same formats/codecs/resolutions. In doubt, please provide example links and tell me what you think what should be available and we can check. you can also use youtube-dl tool to cross-check available formats.
Old 17.08.2019, 06:45
Super Loader

@Jiaz The example links are in the playlist URL I added. It says it's only visible to support staff. All URLs I add get that treatment.

I usually add playlist links manually to a single package, then select all results and do a manual variant selection. In this case, I remember the selector reporting most links having Opus 128, and, after confirming the selection, Opus 128 files did appear for some of the URLs, but, for others, I got a bunch of 128kbit raw AAC. So I select those, and do a variant selection again, and now it get that most of them have a different bitrate Opus variant, so I confirm the selection, and, again, I get some Opus with that "new" bitrate but others still add 128kbit raw AAC files to the list, so rinse and repeat until I get all Opus variants available, and, for the last remaining files I do m4a AAC.
If I go over each URL separately, I don't get any of these problems, but, of course, it's really bothersome.

I think this has also happened with webm video some times, with me selecting VP9+Opus webm and some of the URLs actually returning MP4 files instead.

Also, this also happens when selecting m4a. The selector will report that all/most of the urls have a particular variant, but, after confirming the selection, some URLs actually get a raw AAC file, so I go over these again, and now the m4a variant shown is not the same as before.

My impression is that the selector doesn't deal well with multiple selections where there are certain combinations of variants. It will report all of them under a particular cathegory, but when actually trying to retrieve them, some will fail, and then it just adds raw AAC to the linkgrabber list instead.

Imagine a group of 10 URLs, of which 6 have Opus 128, 2 have Opus 152 and 1 has Opus 160, and the last one doesn't have any Opus at all.
When you run the selector over all of them at once, it reports 9/10 have Opus 128, so you select that, and when confirming you get the 6 that actually have that exact variant as Opus128, but for the ones with 152 and 160 and no Opus, JD adds raw AAC 128 files to the linkgrabber list instead. So you have to select the "failed" ones again and rinse and repeat... or do them one by one, in which case it reports the actual variants accurately.
Old 18.08.2019, 06:04
DSL Light User

Default Some 1080p YouTube videos downloading as only 816p.

Some YouTube videos are available in 1080p or higher, but JDownloader 2 downloads them as 816p.

For example, here's a video that's available in 1080p, and even in 4K, but the highest resolution that JDownloader 2 is able to detect is 816p.

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Old 20.08.2019, 20:40
Community Manager

Merged YT threads.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 21.08.2019, 22:35
DSL Light User

Smile

Quote:
Some news about YouTube plugin ?