JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 18.10.2020, 23:18
Tornado

Default Automatic Proxy

How does the "automatic proxy detection" work exactly?

I have added three proxies and they all work fine as I have tested them individually by having only one "checked" at a time from the connection manager list.

The description says that "For free downloads, JDownloader will try to use all available proxies simultaneous". <---How does this work? because when I had all proxies "checked" and I clicked on the "Automatic Proxy Detection" button, the output message was "Found Proxies: 0".

I assume that if all the proxies are checked, that JD will auto-rotate between all three proxies, if that is the case then how often does it rotate between them? or does it auto-rotate based on some condition, event, or trigger.
Old 19.10.2020, 13:17
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPNet-user View Post
How does the "automatic proxy detection" work exactly?
...I clicked on the "Automatic Proxy Detection" button, the output message was "Found Proxies: 0".
"Automatic proxy detection" queries the system/browser for proxies and imports those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPNet-user View Post
I assume that if all the proxies are checked, that JD will auto-rotate between all three proxies, if that is the case then how often does it rotate between them? or does it auto-rotate based on some condition, event, or trigger.
By default JDownloader will only use first possible proxy for free download and then switch to next one once the limit is reached -> doesn't increase parallel downloads.
You can change Settings->Advanced Settings-> GeneralSettings.freeproxybalancemode to let JDownloader use multiple proxies at the same time and thus download multiple files at the same time as free user.
RANDOM -> Choose next possible random proxy
CYCLE -> First, next, next,next..
BALANCE-> try to balance free downloads over available proxies.
JDownloader will NOT use multiple proxies/switch for downloads with accounts to prevent account blocking because of multiple IPs.
Old 19.10.2020, 21:06
Tornado

I will leave them all checked and allow JD to switch once the limit is reached (default setting). So basically, it is based on the "condition" of limit is reached which is perfect for my needs as is.

Since I have four connections for JD to switch from: the 'no proxy' and the 'three proxies'.
I assume that when the fourth one on the list reaches the limit, that JD will start again with the first one checked which is the 'no proxy' and then the proxy1, proxy2, etc.? or do I need to use the cycle mode?
Old 19.10.2020, 21:16
JD Manager

JDownloader will retry the connections once the timeouts have expired, no need to change settings if you want JDownloader to use them automatically
Old 19.10.2020, 23:14
Tornado

Thank you Jiaz for that thorough explanation. Much appreciated.
Old 20.10.2020, 11:30
JD Manager

You're welcome! In case you've got further questions/need help, just ask