JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 07.09.2010, 21:22
alfonsc

Default file size problem when resuming download

I updated my windows to windows 7 ultimate 64 and I've been having some troubles and sometimes I have to reboot. When I start the computer again and run jdownloader the file that was downloading prior to rebooting shows a different size in jdownloader that the one that is in the folder where I save my downloads. For example, I was downloading a file and before I had to restart the file was already at 3.19 GB out of 3.35, but when I restarted and open jdownloader the program shows that only 962 mb are downloaded, the .part file in the folder where I keep the downloads is 3.19gb. If I resume the download starts at 962mb and not at the 3.19 gb that the .part file is.
How can I make jdownloader recognize this .part file and resume the download from where it left off before having to restart the computer?

Thank you very much for your help

Last edited by Jiaz; 08.09.2010 at 11:20.
Old 08.09.2010, 00:38
BW Z06

Please provide informations about your firewall, AV, JRE (java version) and please add a logfile into this thread.
How to create a logfile

BW Z06
Old 08.09.2010, 09:16
English Supporter

Close JD properly before restart, because JD never uses .part file size to resume, it uses information that's kept in database.script.
Old 08.09.2010, 11:20
JD Manager

windows kills jd when you reboot. because of that jd does not know where to continue download and resumes where last time saved.
you have to stop downloads and close jd manually in order to save resume information.
in future we will change the way how to save resume information, that will help in such cases and offer much nicer features
Old 09.09.2010, 19:34
alfonsc

Thank you for your answers.

I just downloaded the file again.