JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 08.11.2010, 23:54
nidzo

Default possible bug?

Hello, I am not so new to the JDownloader and after last 2 updates I noticed all links now show under "Properties/Package/Filename" Dowload link tab then URL is marked as ************** instead of real URL as it used to be before. Now I am not sure how to interpret this as a bug or new "feature" where once you add a link you should not be able to see it any more? Thanks in advance
Old 09.11.2010, 03:10
English Supporter

It still displays real URL, maybe yours came from DLC...
Old 09.11.2010, 12:11
remi

Cool

@nidzo

All encrypted links that you add will be shown as ****** because jD protects them.
Old 09.11.2010, 15:47
nidzo

@tony2long no they didn't come from DLC butI copy and pasted them. @remi dont you think since I copy and pasted them should be able to see them again in the program and just in case something happens (like hotfile error during last 2 days) copy them back manually and get them with my browser? At least put an option so that those who want them to be visible can see them. This way they are "**********" and you cant do much just in case JDownloader stops working for one reason or the other. Thanks
Old 09.11.2010, 16:10
English Supporter

Can you give some example links?
Old 10.11.2010, 06:00
JD English Support (inactive)

If there is a problem with your link list, you restore from your backup. By using Ctrl+B about once per day (or after adding each DLC), you preserve the links, even if they are encrypted. The links are stored encrypted in JD.

The person who uploads a file to a file host has the right to keep the link private, to make it available to select others, or to make it publicly available. On most sites, this right (and obligation) is in the Terms of Service. The DLC and encrypted RAR files are ways to enable the uploader to exercise these rights.

Downloaders (such as you) only have a right to download a file if they are given access. Downloaders do not have any right to a URI for a file on a file host (again, usually part of the terms of service). The uploader is responsible to the file host for protecting the URI and any passwords.
Old 10.11.2010, 11:17
remi

OT. Have you been a lawyer in a previous life?