JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 22.05.2016, 06:24
Black Hole

Exclamation Browser captcha.

so I was an hour in to watching a movie when firefox opened up on me to ask for a captcha and I am livid. I am so angry right now

I have report the issue here https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=68224

JD still does this and when it happens at times I am not expecting I find it annoying and a nuisance but somthing I can deal with.

but when I am watching a movie or playing a game, it is something I just can not handle.

I have JD in silent mode and minimized but it still does it. It does not do it for all hosts. for HF and TB it shows a little window and WAITS for me to bring up JD but for hosters like Nitroflair or oboom it just opens my browser even when JD is minimized and in silent mode

This is unacceptable and needs to be corrected in the next core update

I am tired of having a show or movie ruined by JD or coming to my PC in the morning to find Firefox up with 200 captcha tabs open

JD needs to wait for the user period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE FIX ASAP!!!
Old 22.05.2016, 11:29
Black Hole

I think you have to turn off "Use Browser Loop in Silent Mode" in the Advanced options. Otherwise, yeah, it pops the browser into focus every time. Why there isn't a solution that works in the background without mucking with the settings each time I don't know. I used to keep the browser loop enabled during silent mode back when the MyJdownloader Captcha solver used to work, but that apparently died a quiet death a week or so ago so no use having the browser loop running in silent mode anymore unless you use a CES.

For the 200+ tabs issue, you also have to reconfigure Firefox to allow scripts to close tabs, which is a horrible solution because the whole point of that setting is to keep less than honest websites from hijacking the browser controls. Otherwise it just opens tab after tab instead of opening and closing a new WINDOW like other browsers.

Yeah, I find it annoying as well. I had better experience using Chrome as the browser loop, except that it quit working in that it started giving bad captchas all the time for a couple RC1 sites (just some, not all).
Old 22.05.2016, 19:20
Black Hole

I dont want to have to sacrifice the browser loop captcha function since it is so useful for many hosts and necessary for some hosts. I always have JD in silent mode and don't to always be switching it on/off just to use browser loop so as it is now, I would need to give one up

the way they have JD configured now is kinda dumb

I especially don't want to deal with scripts for Firefox.

the issue isn't just the 200 tabs I sometimes find open but the fact that JD unexpectedly brings up my browser or opens up a new tab and takes me away from a page I am looking at in the fist place. It is annoying to be reading and article or watching a stream on Chaturbate and suddenly be taken to a new tab or be watching a movie or playing a game and have Firefox pop up over the other windows and interupt what I was doing

All captcha functions in JD need to wait for the user to open JD before it brings up their browser.
Old 23.05.2016, 06:24
Black Hole

The problem is Firefox. When you invoke a new tab it always grabs the focus. You can't make Firefox pop in the background because it won't run under a separate process (Firefox only allows one Firefox process to run at a time with a default installation, unlike Chrome or IE which will run multiple processes simultaneously). If you don't want that, you have to turn off the browser loop or point it to a different browser (like Chrome, which still pops but at least it closes itself). The browser loop isn't a great solution to the hard captcha problem but it's what they came up with. If there was a way to run the browser loop without actually opening a browser window I'm sure they would have done so.

Here's the thing, though. If you set the setting I suggested- Deselect "Browser Loop During Silent Mode" in the Advanced settings , the browser loop still runs when you have JD in focus. It only disables it when you have the JD window out of focus. It doesn't disable it all the time. If you're running JD in silent mode, you don't know when there's a captcha waiting anyway so it doesn't matter if they're "hard" since they'll likely time out. And even if you get a bad one when you do focus the windows, just refresh the captcha. I've tested this- it's how I run my system, although I constantly toggle between silent and non silent mode depending on what I'm doing. Otherwise every time it pops a browser loop it wakes up my monitor.

There's other ways to make it less intrusive but that takes a lot more work and hardware/software. Like not running JD on the box you watch movies on, or running JD in a virtual machine. Or running multiple monitors, though you still have the Firefox problem of grabbing focus since it's single-process so you would need 2 browsers, one dedicated to the browser loop. As I mentioned, I preferred using Chrome for the browser loop because it was less intrusive but it simply quit working for me over time, a problem Firefox hasn't had.

Now, if someone has a "Browser Commandline" setting that will always launch the browser loop in a completely background, non GUI effecting manner that would be great, but I haven't seen one.
Old 24.05.2016, 09:14
Black Hole

I will try what you suggested but I will not always be switching silent mode on/off

what I was saying before is that JD should not be triggering the browser loop if it is minimized. It is JD not Firefox. some of the captchas like the recaptcha waits until JD is brought into focus before bringing up your browser and my point was that all browser captchas should work the same way

eventually I will have a separate PC or server just for running JD but right now all I have is my media/gaming PC.
Old 24.05.2016, 11:44
Black Hole

The browser loop is only used for recaptcha v1. Recaptcha V2, solvemedia, etc don't use the browser loop at all which is why you aren't getting it popped up for those. There's also a difference between a browser captcha and the browser loop.

JD won't pop the browser loop when minimized in silent mode if you have that option I mentioned disabled. That's the whole point. With the option enabled, you're ASKING JD to pop the browser loop all the time, focused or not, which is not default behavior, or at least didn't used to be. Which is what you want to avoid, so turn off the option. You won't need to toggle silent mode off.
Old 24.05.2016, 19:50
Black Hole

you are right. I tried disabling that option and it now works as I expected it should.

I am an idiot I guess.
Old 07.11.2016, 23:05
knuterich

Lightbulb open tab in the background

I had the same problem like fuknuckle and found this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabrown View Post
Now, if someone has a "Browser Commandline" setting that will always launch the browser loop in a completely background, non GUI effecting manner that would be great, but I haven't seen one.
Another solution:
Look for browser.tabs.loadDivertedInBackground in the Firefox about:config settings and switch it to true. The default value is false.
Now, tabs of external programs will be opened in the background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MozillaZine Knowledge Base
Determines behavior of pages normally meant to open in a new window (such as target="_blank" or from an external program), but that have instead been loaded in a new tab.
True: Load the new tab in the background, leaving focus on the current tab
False (default): Load the new tab in the foreground, taking the focus from the current tab.
Note: Setting this preference to True will still bring the browser to the front when opening links from outside the browser.
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**:config_entries#Browser" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" target="_blank">**External links are only visible to Support Staff**:config_entries#Browser.
Old 08.11.2016, 10:12
JD Manager

@knuterich: Thanks for the hint about background opening
Old 16.11.2016, 23:07
Black Hole

@knuterich: Thanks! That works like a charm. Definitely reduces the focus stealing issue with Firefox/Browser Loop.