JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 31.12.2010, 12:07
jayerfernandes

Default Netgear DGN 1000 help.

I know that I have a dynamic IP address because my previous router was an Aztech and I had a jdownloader reconnect script for that, which was perfect.
I switched over to a Netgear DGN1000 recently and now after both physical power down and router interface reboots, my ip on whatismyip.com remains the same.

I cant create a reconnect script as a result.

I've been looking through the jdownloader forums for a few days now and I haven't found anything that helps, so this is a last resort.

Thanks and Happy New Year to everyone.

Regards
Old 31.12.2010, 12:35
remi

Did you also change to another ISP or did your ISP change something to the pool of IP addresses?

If you switch off your router, wait a few minutes and switch it on again, do you get another IP address?
Old 31.12.2010, 13:07
jayerfernandes

No I am on the same ISP and my ISP hasnt done anything to the IP pool. If I switch back to the old router, I can reconnect easily and my IP refreshes as expected.

When I power down the Netgear router and then switch it on, the IP does change. However I've noticed that on some occasions it is stuck on the same old one.
Old 31.12.2010, 13:33
remi

It's possible you've a sticky IP address.

Are you sure your other router always gives you another IP on every single reconnect?

Why don't you keep using the other router?
Old 31.12.2010, 13:47
jayerfernandes

Yes, I've used my Aztech router for about a year now and I've used jdownloader to download multi-part files from hotfile and rapidshare. I used the reconnect recorder with this router since there was no script available, and it worked like a charm.

I picked up the netgear modem router because we needed wireless in the house. The Aztech has a single ethernet port, which made life difficult.
Old 31.12.2010, 14:02
remi

I would first ask your ISP what's happening. I'm almost sure you are dealing with a sticky IP address issue. It's possible that due to the time of the year many people are at home and surfing. That might reduce the pool of IP addresses in your area.

If your ISP confirms that you should get a new IP address with every restart of your router, then you could contact your router's manufacturer to ask them why your router doesn't obtain a new IP address when you switch it off and on.
Old 31.12.2010, 14:13
jayerfernandes

Thanks, I will check it up