JD VIP

Default [feature request] option to enable captcha dialog focus

Hi,
The title says it all.

Thanks in advance,
M
Old 06.12.2016, 02:45
Community Manager

You mean to disable captcha getting focus?

Why would you want to do that?

Well anyways - in the advanced settings we should have settings for that but right now I wasn't able to find any suitable setting.

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 06.12.2016, 03:37
JD VIP

Hi,

In another thread I was told it is disabled by default (and it seems to be true, apparently) to avoid accidental text enter into the captcha solve dialog.

I'm asking for an option so the user can pick the desired behaviour (I'd prefer to have those dialogs with focus).

Cheers,
M
Old 06.12.2016, 03:48
Black Hole

Right now, my experience is it pops the dialog on top, but god knows where the focus ends up. 9 times out of 10 the focus goes away from whatever window I was typing in when the captcha popped up, but it never goes to the captcha dialog. Maybe the main JD2 window is where the focus went, though it was probably the Browser Loop Tab that self-closed. Sometimes I end up with captcha text typed into whatever email I was writing when the dang thing pops up because even clicking on the dialog doesn't always focus it, sometimes I have to click it 3-4 times to force it into focus, even though it's on top of every other window. It would be nice if it was consistent.
Old 06.12.2016, 04:01
Community Manager

Please wait for coalado or Jiaz to respond in this thread.

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 08.12.2016, 12:20
JD Manager

@dabrown: What os? What are you Settings in Settings-User Interface? Maybe a screenshot?

Old 08.12.2016, 14:20
Black Hole

Show New Dialogs setting is set to "in front of all windows".

The idea of my having it set there is that when the captcha pops and I was in the middle of typing something, it wouldn't steal the focus, allowing me to finish the sentence, word, etc, because I'm not a great typist so I don't look at the screen when typing. If I had the setting set to on top and focused, I'd end up typing whatever I was composing into the captcha window (and maybe even hitting enter) before I looked at the screen. If I had it set to "behind all windows" I'd never know a captcha window had popped up, since it wouldn't show any signs (and I have the notify sound turned off on purpose). It generally works they way I want it to- except that the browser loop steals the focus. I did get it toned down by changing a firefox setting to open new tabs unfocused- that at least kept me on the tab, but the focus still went away, now going nowhere. The captcha dialog then comes to the top, but unless I very carefully and explicitly click the captcha box it doesn't always focus on the first click, meaning I end up typing the captcha into wherever the focus happens to be.

Part of my problem is self-induced, my windows "theme" is grey on grey, so telling the focused window from the unfocused ones isn't exactly obvious at first. But another issue might be timing- if the browser loop tab doesn't close until after the captcha dialog pops, and I click the captcha before that tab closes, the focus appears to go back to the browser. And if a SECOND browser loop tab pops while one captcha dialog is up, it always takes the focus off the captcha dialog even if I'm in the middle of typing in it. If there was a way to have it wait and never run the browser loop while a captcha dialog was pending, that would be a huge improvement there. Right now, especially on startup, I have to wait for all the browser loops to quit running before I can type into the first captcha dialog because the browser loops steal the focus from the captcha dialogs. And since some hosters have 0 sec, 15 sec, 30 sec, 60 sec, etc timers before the captcha comes up, it's hard to anticipate when one is going to take focus during the loop.

That's a bit of a ramble. Naturally, while I was typing this it popped 3 captchas and behaved exactly as I would want it to- popped the captcha but kept focus on this very web page. However, all the captchas were non- RCv1 captchas, so no browser loop.

For the OP, I would think that the setting I mentioned above would help with his issue? It's not in Advanced Settings, it's under User Interface -> Window Management, Show New Dialogs.