JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 10.06.2024, 01:49
Mega Loader

Location: International Waters where DRM/DMCA protections are ignored
Default pixeldrain.com "/d/" filesystem URLs not supported

The standard pixeldrain upload URL is typically in this format "**External links are only visible to Support Staff** However it seems like pixeldrain added a new filesystem "directory" URL, which can be created for User's with a paid subscription.
(**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**) "Filesystem Guide" should help you with the details like "The Directory ID will always be 8 characters long and is case-sensitive" and the account bandwidth usage costs (free users are able to still download, I've downloaded +100GB on a single IP within a few hours but the speed could have been reduced).

When giving JD2 any "**External links are only visible to Support Staff** URL the LinkCrawler will fail, naming the package "Offline Files" and always setting the link name to "d"

One can change which directory they are under by simply changing or removing the folder name after the "**External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Folder with File+Subfolders
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Folder with File+Subfolders (Uploader has Patreon Subscription with custom background + picture above listing)
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Folder with Files

Folder with File

Folder with Video
--------
Video Only with preview (NSFW preview, does not display directory & file count, could have a different structure?)

Searching "**External links are only visible to Support Staff** in your favorite search engine will give you quite a few results

Last edited by TGU; 10.06.2024 at 01:55.
Old 10.06.2024, 15:56
Community Manager

Hi TGU,
while I'd love to add support for this type of link, we were not informed about it by the website owner and it's not listed in their public API which we are using, see:
pixeldrain.com/api

I've contacted the website admin and I'am awaiting an update of their API-docs so I can add support for this type of link.

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 10.06.2024, 19:05
Community Manager

The pixeldrain.com admin 'Formax96' was very quick to respond.

I've just added a first test-version of a pixeldrain.com folder crawler.
It is also supposed to automatically find- and set the relative paths (explanation).

Wartest du auf einen angekündigten Bugfix oder ein neues Feature?
Updates werden nicht immer sofort bereitgestellt!
Bitte lies unser Update FAQ! | Please read our Update FAQ!

---
Are you waiting for recently announced changes to get released?
Updates to not necessarily get released immediately!

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 10.06.2024 at 22:03. Reason: Fixed typo
Old 11.06.2024, 01:29
Mega Loader

Wow I wasn't expecting this to be fixed that fast, Thanks!

I did find what I think is an issue with the Folder name when under a directory given the URL "**External links are only visible to Support Staff** with a folder name "GarfieldPlus"

As the original URL provided was within a directory it should be expected to NOT include "\GarfieldPlus\Extras" by default
Given: F:\jdownloader\GarfieldPlus\Extras\Complete save file\savegame.bin
Expected: F:\jdownloader\Complete save file\savegame.bin

It would be good to see this as an option for the host plugin to enable/disable to include full filepath given a directory under "**External links are only visible to Support Staff**

---------------------
my initial attempt:

I gave it a try however when testing the adopt folder structure it appears to be a little bit off.
JD Download folder: "F:\jdownloader\<jd:packagename>"
overwrites packager rules: false

Edit: it actually appears to be the <jd:packagename> in my default path that's screwing it up, I would figure that the packagizer's with adopt folder structure would ignore this, as removing the "<jd:packagename>" from my default path would basically put all the packages within the same directory if there was no folder structure to adopt.

Is there any way to still append the "\<jd:packagename>" if the URL did not adopt a folder structure?

Expected:
F:\jdownloader\GarfieldPlus\GargieldPlus-v1.2.1.zip
F:\jdownloader\GarfieldPlus\Extras\GarfieldPlus-v1.2.1-Czech.zip

Last edited by TGU; 11.06.2024 at 05:24.
Old 11.06.2024, 10:08
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGU View Post
Wow I wasn't expecting this to be fixed that fast, Thanks!
Thanks for your feedback.

Quote:
As the original URL provided was within a directory it should be expected to NOT include "\GarfieldPlus\Extras" by default
This is a point where different users have different opinions.
I remember that there is at least one thread where we've talked about this with other users, maybe it was about gofile.io or mega.nz.
My opinion is that the subfolder structure should always be applied if one exists.

Quote:
It would be good to see this as an option for the host plugin to enable/disable to include full filepath given a directory under...
At this moment, a setting is not planned.
You can, however, control this yourself, see:
https://support.jdownloader.org/de/k...lder-structure
While here all you can do is to turn this on/off, you are free to use EventScripter scripts to fine-control when a subfolder directory should be applied and when not.
EventScripter forum thread:
https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=70525
EventScripter help article:
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...event-scripter

Quote:
JD Download folder: "F:\jdownloader\<jd:packagename>"
overwrites packager rules: false

Edit: it actually appears to be the <jd:packagename> in my default path that's screwing it up, I would figure that the packagizer's with adopt folder structure would ignore this, as removing the "<jd:packagename>" from my default path would basically put all the packages within the same directory if there was no folder structure to adopt.

Is there any way to still append the "\<jd:packagename>" if the URL did not adopt a folder structure?
That is the expected behavior.
Even when "adopt folder structure" is disabled, most of all cloud-folder-crawler plugins are setting the full file path as package name.
This explains that even if you disable "adopt folder structure", while the path isn't set anymore, the package names are the same.
The "adopt folder structure" article even explains why so please re-read that (see "The resulting package names and why they make sense").
If you only want to have the last part of the path out of said package name to essentially get a "flat" folder-stucture result, use a Packagizer rule to extract it from the existing package-name and set it as a new package name.
Maybe wildcards will work or maybe a regex similar to /([^/]+)$ will do.

If you are going the EventScripter route, you can reach the path for each element via plugin property "subfolderbyplugin".

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 11.06.2024, 18:53
JD Manager

Quote:
as removing the "<jd:packagename>" from my default path would basically put all the packages within the same directory if there was no folder structure to adopt.
The default rule "Create a subfolder by packagename" , see https://support.jdownloader.org/de/k...ackage-feature ,
auto creates a subfolder with package name. Sounds like you have either disabled this rule or have other rules in place that override this rule.

Having dynamic tags within your default path will most likely result in unwanted behaviour. Rules can either relative append to default/current path or set new absolute path. But rules do not alter default path and removing dynamic tags. You are free to use the same dynamic tag multiple times in rules and/or default path. Totally up to you and your needs.

Last edited by Jiaz; 11.06.2024 at 18:59.
Old 12.06.2024, 00:11
Mega Loader

Thanks for that information, the EventScripter forum thread would be a good read for me, I'm sure this comes up too often for you. The subfolder structure is understandable as I wasn't fully aware of the context behind it, and that's not just something you can change now after people are using it.

The largest part of my confusion/mixup in conjunction with other things appears to be how the default packagizer sets the Save Directory, it actually replaces "<jd:packagename>" with the text content of <jd:subfolderbyplugin> rather than a reference to the variable plus the issue below.

One thing really stood out when I was testing these via the UI with default packagizer as you aren't able to "Analyse and Add Links" with an empty directory. I've also had encountered the same issue when using this via the Web API, however in that case I no longer send a directory with the "/linkgrabberv2/addLinks".

Default Directory: "F:\jdownloader\<jd:packagename>"
Adding Links with Directory set "F:\jdownloader" Overwrite packagizer: false

Link with without a subfolderbyplugin Save To: "F:\jdownloader"
Link with with a subfolderbyplugin Save To: "F:\jdownloader\<jd:packagename>\foldername" // Why did this link include <jd:packagename> when the one above did not? (Could this be the root of my confusion?)
----------------
Default Directory: "F:\jdownloader"

Link with without a subfolderbyplugin Save To: "F:\jdownloader\<jd:packagename>"
Link with with asubfolderbyplugin Save To: "F:\jdownloader\foldername"

Last edited by TGU; 12.06.2024 at 02:15.
Old 12.06.2024, 10:46
Community Manager

Quote:
The largest part of my confusion/mixup in conjunction with other things appears to be how the default packagizer sets the Save Directory, it actually replaces "<jd:packagename>" with the text content of <jd:subfolderbyplugin> rather than a reference to the variable plus the issue below.
No the rule does not "replace "<jd:packagename>" with the text content of <jd:subfolderbyplugin>".
Let's say you are adding files in a cloud folder with structure '\testfolder1\testfolder2\ <-- files here'
All files in the just mentioned subfolder will go into one package (since we need one package per path as JD has no sub-packages).
When the links are crawled, the plugin tells each link two things
- "Your packagename is '\testfolder1\testfolder2'
and:
- The dynamic variable '<jd:subfolderbyplugin>' is [also] '\testfolder1\testfolder2', see also: https://support.jdownloader.org/de/k...the-packagizer

The default rule "Adopt folder structure" is not taking that data from the package name (since that is not a reliable source of said path) - it is using the content of '<jd:subfolderbyplugin>'.
Now this means in the end you will have a relative path - relative to your global download directory.
If your global download directory was 'C:\downloads', the end result would be 'C:\downloads\testfolder1\testfolder2'.
You should be able to mimic the exact behavior when creating custom rules.

About the rest of your post:
I'm failing to fully understand it atm.
My simple assumption for now is that you still got "Subfolder by packagename" active which is causing said confusion, see:
https://support.jdownloader.org/de/k...ackage-feature
Using an empty string as download directory should not be possible and instead, the default should be used.

Either another team member will answer it or I'm in need of some examples for testing.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 12.06.2024, 15:32
JD Manager

Quote:
Default Directory: "F:\jdownloader\<jd:packagename>"
In fact this might be the cause of the issue/confusion. At the moment the custom directory only works when no packagizer rules modify download directory. As soon as rules are working on download directory, the default directory is getting used.
It's a known bug/limitation

And that explains it:

Link with without a subfolderbyplugin Save To: "F:\jdownloader"
-> no matching rule -> custom folder is getting used

Link with with a subfolderbyplugin Save To: "F:\jdownloader\<jd:packagename>\foldername"
-> matching rule -> custom folder is ignored and default one with dynamic tag will be used instead

In short: you should not use dynamic tags within default path but make use of packagizer rules instead.
All rules are processed/applied from top to bottom and you can either create rules that have multiple tags in download directory (absolute or relative) or use the append tag to explicit append something to download directory

Last edited by Jiaz; 12.06.2024 at 15:35.
Old 12.06.2024, 17:39
Mega Loader

Ah nice to see I'm not the only one who experienced this issue, however there should have been a matching rule for the first link as the "Predefined rule: Create Subfolder by Packagename" should have applied.

I'm sure it just needs some more testing to figure out what's actually happening, in the first link it felt like the packager wasn't even running because of the SaveTo did not contain "<jd:packagename>", while it was working for all the others.

The reason for using the "\<jd:packagename>" within my Default Path is that previously I did not use the packager for my normal downloads and that was the only way to get the package name in the path when setting the download directory. Then when I first started to use the packager I encountered the issue as the first link (where given a save directory which didn't match the Default Path, it never set the 2nd rule "Predefined rule: Create Subfolder by Packagename", resulting in packages with the same SaveTo) +5 years ago and just went back to my old ways.

A normal user would use the packagizer for the Adopt folder structure, and when they add a link they would also
a lot of the time set a custom download directory based on their usecase (which is different than their default path) or it would auto populate with their last used "LinkgrabberSettings: Download Destination History" which if you changed ANY package's Download Destination that would be it making this an issue VERY confusing for the user.

I hope this ticket is resolved sooner as It has already been on high priority for nearly 4 years, I myself have actually experienced it somewhere around/before 10 years ago.

Last edited by TGU; 12.06.2024 at 22:55.
Old 13.06.2024, 10:29
Community Manager

Coming back to the pixeldrain.com topic for a short time:
Next update includes the following changes:
  • Filesystem single files [the links we were talking about in this ticket] are now handled by the pixeldrain.com host plugin and not the generic "directhttp" plugin anymore
  • This enables account support for those links as well as better errorhandling
  • Those changes apply for all items added after the release of the next update

Small disadvantage this will cause:
By default, JD free users can start max 5 simultaneous pixeldrain.com free downloads.
Theoretically this limit does not apply when downloading filesystem links.
After the update it will apply for filesystem links too.

Wartest du auf einen angekündigten Bugfix oder ein neues Feature?
Updates werden nicht immer sofort bereitgestellt!

---
Are you waiting for recently announced changes to get released?
Updates to not necessarily get released immediately!

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 14.06.2024, 12:56
JD Manager

@TGU: please test again with next update. I've fixed long time ticket mentioned in https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...05&postcount=9
Old 14.06.2024, 16:22
Community Manager

Update is live.
See simple changelog:
https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=94447

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 15.06.2024, 01:41
Mega Loader

I gave it a few tests and seems like both pixeldrain and the custom download directory are working as expected thanks!
I'll be giving a full test of all the /d/ pixeldrain URLs I've been saving hopefully later this week.

Anything else requested/discussed in this thread already have their own thread.
Old 15.06.2024, 12:19
JD Manager

@TGU: Thanks for the feedback
Old 21.06.2024, 00:33
Mega Loader

Tested with 450 online and 150 offline links, results are as expected. Thanks.