JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 27.03.2018, 04:48
Vacuum Cleaner

Question When adding links to Linkgrabber, auto scroll and show the added links

Hello,

When I drag and drop links to Linkgrabber, I would like the window to scroll down to show the recently added links.

This is not an issue if the Linkgrabber list is empty or has very few links, but when it has plenty then you would have to manually scroll to check the status of every link.

I can change the 'sort by date' to be at the top, but then I cannot move any package because they are forced to by by date.

I would appreciate any suggestion.

Thank you.
Old 27.03.2018, 11:52
JD Manager

Easier solution, enable Settings-Advanced Settings-LinkgrabberSettings.linkgrabberaddattop
and JDownloader will add new links/packages at top of list
Old 27.03.2018, 21:45
Vacuum Cleaner

Thanks, Jiaz.

But I tried that before, and again just now. The links\packages still show up at the bottom and I still have to scroll to check status.

They are added on the top when I move them to the download list, but this is not what I wanted.

I just want the new links to be "auto shown" once added to the Linkgrabber.

Thanks for the continued support.
Old 28.03.2018, 12:26
JD Manager

Sorry, my fault.This setting is about adding to download list.

What exactly do you mean by *auto shown* once added?
There are several problems with auto scrolling.
For example when you want to interact with list while linkcrawler is running, then all the time the scrollbar will auto scroll and break your selection or make it impossible to interact with list. Also new links may go to already existing package and then the list won't scroll at all but you won't see them cause the package already exists at different place. Also you don't want the list to *jump* in this case.

What exactly do you want to achieve? Maybe there is a better solution than *auto scroll/jump* ? Can you explain your use case?
Old 28.03.2018, 17:47
Vacuum Cleaner

Yeah I think it's a bit hard to understand without a video or something but I'll try.

OK, I rarely use the 'add new links button\deep scan', so that won't be an issue.

I almost always drag-n-drop links over the Linkgrabber, then they will be added as several packages as usual.
I would like the Linkgrabber's list to scroll down to show the recently added links so I can easily and quickly check their status.

You can test this behavior if your Linkgrabber list has plenty of links, drag and drop some new links, the list remains static, not moving.

But when added to the download list, the download list auto scrolls to show the new packages. Which makes me think it's technically possible but maybe not implemented yet in the Linkgrabber?

Another thing that makes me think it's possible is when I sort Linkgrabber 'by added date', then I drag and drop some new links, the list actually scrolls automatically to show the new links, but on top instead of bottom. This is a half-solution though.

I apologize for the long post but it's a bit hard to explain.

This may seem like a trivial issue, but if this was possible it would save me some time and it would make JD even more convenient.

Thanks again.
Old 28.03.2018, 21:05
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooropa View Post
Another thing that makes me think it's possible is when I sort Linkgrabber 'by added date', then I drag and drop some new links, the list actually scrolls automatically to show the new links, but on top instead of bottom. This is a half-solution though.
JDownloader does not auto scroll in this situation. It simply sorts the list to *added date* and that's why new links show up at top instead of bottom.
JDownloader tries to keep the last selection active which cause the *auto scroll* that you encounter in this situation
Old 28.03.2018, 21:08
JD Manager

Quote:
But when added to the download list, the download list auto scrolls to show the new packages. Which makes me think it's technically possible but maybe not implemented yet in the Linkgrabber?
Yes. I never said that it's not possible. I just explained my concerns. Even when adding links in your way could lead to links not landing into new packages at the bottom but in any package somewhere in the list. That's what I meant by *jumping*. Either I only scroll down the list when new links are added there, or I jump/scroll jump to the position. In both cases it's not possible to normally use the linkgrabber while crawling is still in process.

All I did was to explain problems that can arise from this *auto scroll* and first I try to find an easier solution to what you want to achive than finding a solution to all those new problems.
Old 28.03.2018, 21:15
JD Manager

I'm just trying to understand why you want to see the list auto scroll and see the items? What does this help in your way you use JDownloader? When I understand better then it's easier to find a good solution for it.
Old 28.03.2018, 22:14
Vacuum Cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post

All I did was to explain problems that can arise from this *auto scroll* and first I try to find an easier solution to what you want to achive than finding a solution to all those new problems.
I appreciate your explanation, I was just trying to explain what the issue was. I was not dismissing your concerns or anything.

If this is going to cause more problems then it's obviously not worth it. Unless it can be added as an option but not by default of course. So if someone wants this behavior they would have to change an advanced setting.

If this will still cause issues as an option then it's not worth it either.

Quote:
JDownloader does not auto scroll in this situation. It simply sorts the list to *added date* and that's why new links show up at top instead of bottom.
JDownloader tries to keep the last selection active which cause the *auto scroll* that you encounter in this situation
Ah I see, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation

Quote:
Even when adding links in your way could lead to links not landing into new packages at the bottom but in any package somewhere in the list. That's what I meant by *jumping*. Either I only scroll down the list when new links are added there, or I jump/scroll jump to the position. In both cases it's not possible to normally use the linkgrabber while crawling is still in process.
That's fine with me, it's worth the trade-off. I always wait when adding links until the crawler has finished.

Quote:
I'm just trying to understand why you want to see the list auto scroll and see the items? What does this help in your way you use JDownloader? When I understand better then it's easier to find a good solution for it.
I grab many links in bulk on daily basis, and it would be very convenient to be able to quickly check their status (size, online/offline) without having to scroll every time.

Like I said, it may seem trivial but it would make it quicker and more convenient.

But as i said in the previous post, if this will cause issues then it's fine don't worry about it.

Thanks for the support.

Last edited by raztoki; 29.03.2018 at 01:52.
Old 29.03.2018, 10:41
JD Manager

But I still try to understand why you want this? What is the advantage of *watching new links getting added to list*? I ask because there is maybe a better way to achieve what you have in mind. For example do you want to know if links are offline? or are you looking for specific one?
Of course I can add a simple version but I doubt it would work as expected. Either I scroll/jump to the last added entry or I only scroll down as new links get added at bottom, but that would again fail if you have list sorted or links land in different packages and not at the bottom.
Old 30.03.2018, 20:18
Vacuum Cleaner

Quote:
But I still try to understand why you want this? What is the advantage of *watching new links getting added to list*?
Quote:
I grab many links in bulk on daily basis, and it would be very convenient to be able to quickly check their status (size, online/offline) without having to scroll every time.

Like I said, it may seem trivial but it would make it quicker and more convenient.

I'm quoting myself because that was the best wording I can come up with.

Thanks either way.
Old 04.04.2018, 11:56
JD Manager

Of course I can add this feature but are you sure that you want the list to *jump up/down* when links are grouped into exising packages? That means one link might be added at bottom (scroll to bottom) and next one could be grouped into first package in list (jump to top) , next could go to package in middle (jump to middle) and next one to bottom (jump to bottom again)....
Old 09.06.2018, 05:15
Vacuum Cleaner

Hi Jiaz,

I thought this thread was abandoned.. But thanks for your reply.

To answer your question, yes I would really love to have that option.

Thank you for the support.