JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 03.10.2021, 20:21
Wind Gust

Default Where are the Host plugin templates?

I'm trying to create a couple host plugins for sites that don't yet have any yet. I was hoping to jump-start this process by building off templates from other sites. I've seen mention of these templates in older threads, but I can't find where these are.

Does anyone know where these host plugin templates are? Thanks in advanced!
Old 04.10.2021, 03:26
English Supporter

full path /JDownloader/src/jd/plugins/*
within eclipse
jd.plugins.hoster
jd.plutins.derypter

you can use find within those paths to find plugin class if that is also easier.
search > find > file search > contains text: enter in your keyword, && filename patterns *.java, && working set: define a working set, like plugins, this should speed file search up. keep in mind I believe there are some abstract classes outside of the old plugins path. org.jdownloader.plugins.components

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 04.10.2021, 12:47
JD Manager

@Coldblackice: can you provide example link, then we can check/tell you if there exists an existing template plugin for it or not.
Old 10.10.2021, 15:39
Wind Gust

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
full path /JDownloader/src/jd/plugins/*
within eclipse
jd.plugins.hoster
jd.plutins.derypter

you can use find within those paths to find plugin class if that is also easier.
search > find > file search > contains text: enter in your keyword, && filename patterns *.java, && working set: define a working set, like plugins, this should speed file search up. keep in mind I believe there are some abstract classes outside of the old plugins path. org.jdownloader.plugins.components
Ah, very helpful, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@Coldblackice: can you provide example link, then we can check/tell you if there exists an existing template plugin for it or not.
I checked and there's no plugin for it. If I were to make it and share it however, I'd be worried the site might change its methods and try to obfuscate downloading the files if there were suddenly many people downloading them with JD. Might that be a valid concern or just paranoia?
Old 11.10.2021, 14:53
JD Manager

@Coldblackice: you can send us example links to support@jdownloader.org and we can check/try to help with plugin development.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldblackice View Post
If I were to make it and share it however, I'd be worried the site might change its methods and try to obfuscate downloading the files if there were suddenly many people downloading them with JD. Might that be a valid concern or just paranoia?
Yes and no. Of course the site can change layout/workflow if they want to block tools/scripts. But just by adding a plugin/support in JDownloader doesn't automatically mean a huge increase in usage without the users of the website being informed about the support. You can add support for it and in best case, just continue to use the plugin, or sometimes have to update the plugin to keep up2date with changes or cat/mouse and sooner or later either them or you/the plugin dev will stop playing the game.

Last edited by Jiaz; 11.10.2021 at 14:56.