JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 29.12.2021, 02:17
Modem User

Default Jdownloader preallocate files?

who know if jdownloader preallocate the entire file when download? or there is a option that do this?
is very useful for reduce at the end of download the reconstruction of file that stress the hard disk, with pre allocation the entire file is written one time at the beginning, useful for big files and for hdd health
let me know, thanks
Old 29.12.2021, 12:34
JD Manager

@djsolidsnake86: JDownloader makes use of sparse files whenever filesystem does support it. It prevents download issues with large files that can happen while allocation of the file still running (eg slow USB2.0 or network share). Also pre allocation doesn't prevent fragmentation at all and heavily depends on concurrent applications/filesystem changes/writes. Right now there is no support to disable sparse files because of the disadvantages. I will add support to disable it in 2022
Old 30.12.2021, 13:54
Modem User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@djsolidsnake86: JDownloader makes use of sparse files whenever filesystem does support it. It prevents download issues with large files that can happen while allocation of the file still running (eg slow USB2.0 or network share). Also pre allocation doesn't prevent fragmentation at all and heavily depends on concurrent applications/filesystem changes/writes. Right now there is no support to disable sparse files because of the disadvantages. I will add support to disable it in 2022
i see
can i ask you for another thing?
when downloading from k2s.cc, if i'm downloading more files (between hours and with captcha of course), and i exit from jdownloader, after start jdownloader only 1 file is resumed, and not the others

Last edited by djsolidsnake86; 30.12.2021 at 14:03.
Old 30.12.2021, 14:25
JD Manager

@djsolidsnake86: without logs hard to tell. just a wild guess that the generated download link has expired for the others and thus no resume possible. Please create a log, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs and post logID here
Old 31.12.2021, 13:48
Modem User

Quote:
Quote:
@djsolidsnake86: without logs hard to tell. just a wild guess that the generated download link has expired for the others and thus no resume possible. Please create a log, see **External links are only visible to Support Staff**... and post logID here
i'm pretty sure that generate links are not expired, i made many tests with another download manager (idm) and i can reprise many downloads, jdownloader reprise only one

Last edited by djsolidsnake86; 01.01.2022 at 03:56.
Old 04.01.2022, 12:45
JD Manager

@djsolidsnake86: As I explained, without logs hard to tell. So please provide logs, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs and post shown logID here. Create log once it has happened again.