JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > English Support > General Discussion

Old 25.05.2009, 00:27
JD Manager

Exclamation Rc 0.5.828

NEw Release Candidate RC 0.5.828

If you want to help us finding those nasty JD freezes, please download JConsole

1.) Extract+Start
2.) Connect to JD
3.) click on Threads
4.) search and click AWT-Event-Queue 1
5.) copy and paste the text from right field to pastebin.com or make a screenshot
6.) look for "owned by XY"
7.) search and click Thread XY and repeat 5.)
8.) post screenshots or pastebin.com urls

Thanks
Old 25.05.2009, 08:50
Freeloader

Ive tested it for a few hours jiaz and everything looks cool so far , hasnt frozen yet on my system
Old 25.05.2009, 15:26
queue 1

No freeze, here too works very well:thumbup:+ i like popdowns.

winxp
Old 25.05.2009, 16:16
Freeloader

yeah those pop downs are great indeed
Old 25.05.2009, 16:20
Shore

Do you mean the toasts?

Doesn't work very well under Mac OS X. I mean it works but it pop up in the right lower corner so the toast appears behind the dock.
Old 25.05.2009, 16:35
Kyth

I can confirm there's been no freezing with 0.5.828 as opposed to all previous builds, but:
1. Parsing URLs is just as bad. Linkgrabber never fetches all the proper download links but always lists the various html elements with the links so one has to sift through the whole thing to get to the links.
Edit by Jiaz: please example links via pm! works fine here
2. Rapidshare is severely crippled both by said issue and by an unusually high number of CRC errors. Same files when d/l via browser are fine.
Edit by Jiaz: wrong firewall or network settings, no change in downloadsystem, so its NOT jdjd has no crc bugs at the moment! pls add java.exe and javaw.exe to the exclude list of your firewall
3. All changes done to the middle and the bottom of the d/l queue will flip the d/l list to the top, which is kind of annoying.
Edit by Jiaz: what exactly do you mean? example screens?
4. The worst part is that after several hours of use the memory consumption as per Task Manager reached 600 MB.
Yikes. In fact resource wise it's a bit of a nightmare really on my laptop set on battery optimized mode.
Edit by Jiaz: how many downloads? how many chunks?
5. Megashares doesn't work at all.
Edit by Jiaz: pls example links via pm
On the brighter side, Megaupload, Netload and Hotfile are all working great.

OS: XP Pro SP3 and Vista Ultimate SP1, Java 1.6 update 13.

As the logging level was only set to Warning, I'll wait some more before uploading the logs.
Don't be fooled by my long list of gripes. I'm actually a huge fan of jD's

Last edited by Jiaz; 26.05.2009 at 01:09.
Old 25.05.2009, 20:18
Linkgrabbing Monster

Great version indeed, no problems so far.

I just want to report a small glitch in the package and links count in the linkgrabber toast:

**External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Edit by jiaz: gonna fix that

Last edited by Jiaz; 26.05.2009 at 01:09.
Old 25.05.2009, 20:19
jebise101

i rarely had freezing issues since 752, but the GUI would just hang for no reason, i have not experienced this issue since the 806 build. I see that you have also fixed the issue of Jd not becoming the active window when clicking on the try icon in 828 build. Now when i click on the Jd icon even if firefox or other application are open Jd becomes the active window:w00t:.

Great work guys

I think we are very close to the Final version

Last edited by jebise101; 25.05.2009 at 20:23.
Old 25.05.2009, 20:55
v0yAgEr

1) I wanted to change the size of the columns in the Downloads section, and noticed that the mouse cursor didn't change to the familiar 2-arrows cursor. It stayed as the white regular arrow.

2) Double clicking a link brings the info panel at the bottom. That's good. But I need to double click also on the other links to change the info accordingly. I suggest that double clicking will bring the info panel to the front, and from now on, only one click will be enough to change the shown info. This means that JD should check if the info window is already shown, and if it is, only one click will be enough to change it.

Thank you very much!

Last edited by v0yAgEr; 26.05.2009 at 04:18.
Old 25.05.2009, 21:55
rydeordie99

These new builds work amazingly!! I am not having any kind of GUI issues at all, other than these minor things mentioned like the cursor not changing to the normal double arrows when resizing columns.

Also is it possible to add an option that allows links to directly go to the download list without the user pressing Add Packages on the linkgrabber? so i can copy many links and have it automatically downloading without having to restore the JD window.

But otherwise, very nice work on this app.:thumbup:
Old 25.05.2009, 23:06
Tolmies_underpants

1) Still issues with JD sorting mass mirrors in several different useless packages without an option to turn it off.

zShare f's it up by saving the files in lower cases, Badongo through Fileducky by adding a "1" after very file. I'm sure there's more problems like this on other hosters.

And then there's the tons of images and stuff that of course needs a package of it's own too. Sharebee and Fileducky give you loads and loads of crap you don't need... and JD sorts it "neatly" into it's own "tidy" packages.

Edit by Jiaz: pls pm me some example links, i will see what i can do about it
Great feature indeed. I'm so loving it. The only thing that could make it better is a nag button promptly confirming "like up your packages? Yes or yes. Please wait 6 minutes..."

2) There is still no "clear list" option in the DL section and the ones you have under "clean up" simply does not do the job good enough. ATM it is way easier/intuitive to check all packages and chose "delete" from the right click menu than the absurdly user friendly "remove completed downloads"/"remove disabled" combination you got going as an alternative for the incredible intricate and useless option of clearing the list.

Perhaps you could add the "clean up" menu in another sub menu to make it even better? Or remove the possibily to remove any stuff what so ever? How about a e-mail set up where you mail the devs to have stuff removed?

:thumbup::rolleyes::P

Last edited by Jiaz; 26.05.2009 at 01:11.
Old 25.05.2009, 23:08
jebise101

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralAckbar View Post
Great version indeed, no problems so far.

I just want to report a small glitch in the package and links count in the linkgrabber toast:

**External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Yup i had this problem too, 2 packages and 8 links but i only added one package. Also is there a way to stop that linkgrabber tip from coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydeordie99 View Post
These new builds work amazingly!! I am not having any kind of GUI issues at all, other than these minor things mentioned like the cursor not changing to the normal double arrows when resizing columns.

Also is it possible to add an option that allows links to directly go to the download list without the user pressing Add Packages on the linkgrabber? so i can copy many links and have it automatically downloading without having to restore the JD window.

But otherwise, very nice work on this app.:thumbup:
With this build Jd becomes the active windows so you do not need to restore it from the taskbar. What they could do is add what you are asking to the firefox asddon so that it go to the downlods direcly with out user input

Last edited by jebise101; 25.05.2009 at 23:12.
Old 26.05.2009, 04:04
HaloDies

Default Netload.in Plug-in Fatal Error

Im getting this Error everytime im trying to download from netload.in

(Netload.in Plug-in Fatal Error)

I'm using Windows 7 RC 32bit

any Idea how to solve this problem?

cheers:unsure:

Edit by Jiaz: pls give us a complete logfile and example link

Last edited by Jiaz; 26.05.2009 at 11:55. Reason: More Info
Old 26.05.2009, 09:31
BugMeNot Account

Don't really know if this is a bug or feature, but I noticed the new rc shuffles the Unrar passwordlist.
At least in 0.4 when you pasted passwords in the password list the order stayed the same, which is useful when you want to have the more common passes on top, but now the list gets all scrambled.
Old 26.05.2009, 10:11
Serag4000

Thumbs up It's Not a Bug, It's a PLus !

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggsy View Post
Don't really know if this is a bug or feature, but I noticed the new rc shuffles the Unrar passwordlist.
At least in 0.4 when you pasted passwords in the password list the order stayed the same, which is useful when you want to have the more common passes on top, but now the list gets all scrambled.
One of the Developers pointed out that Junrar change the password list so that the pass that worked OK would be on the top.

For example, if you have a List of passwords
Code:
Pass1
Pass2
Pass3
Junrar will try them in THAT order, now if your file require "Pass2" Junrar will - after successfully extracting it, I assume - change the order of the List of passwords to
Code:
Pass2
Pass1
Pass3
So that if you have another file with "Pass2" It'd find it fast.

Which is neat, and so, you don't need to keep an eye on the order of the list anymore, JD will keep the most used passwords at the top of the list on it's own.

Last edited by Serag4000; 27.05.2009 at 00:53. Reason: Just a little clarification
Old 26.05.2009, 10:23
xloki

Default popdowns toasts

Hi,
great build I think, seems much stable to me than the previous in regard to freezes !
I have a question thuogh : is it possible to deactivate popdowns/toasts ?
thx
Old 26.05.2009, 18:16
Serag4000

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by xloki View Post
Hi,
great build I think, seems much stable to me than the previous in regard to freezes !
I have a question thuogh : is it possible to deactivate popdowns/toasts ?
thx
I Guess what you are looking for is Configuration > Interface > Look & Feel > Feel > Show Ballon infos
Old 26.05.2009, 19:21
rock-star

Smile

:thumbup:
Not find any Freeze or hanging works fine
just when i stop the download it get pause for few sec (cant say it as a hang)

by the any new code optimizing for download speed because i getting slight more speed that avg lol that cool.
Thanks again for awesome soft
Old 26.05.2009, 23:16
BugMeNot Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serag4000 View Post
One of the Developers pointed out that Junrar change the password list so that the pass that worked OK would be on the top.

For example, if you have a List of passwords
Code:
Pass1
Pass2
Pass3
Junrar will try them in THAT order, now if your file require "Pass2" Junrar will - after successfully extracting it, I assume - change the order of the List of passwords to
Code:
Pass2
Pass1
Pass3
So that if you have another file with "Pass2" It'd find it fast.

Which is neat, and so, you don't need to keep an eye on the order of the list anymore.
Basically what I mean is that I use a huge list of passwords, and I have put the most common ones on the top so that normally JD doesn't need to go thru the whole list to find the working pass.

But now for some reason the list gets shuffled when pasted and the common passes might end up in the bottom of the list. And this means that JD has to go thru the whole list which takes ages on my comp.
Old 27.05.2009, 05:15
jebise101

opened jD asked to update clicked OK, screen did not load, ended java from taskmanager. Opened jD again ask for update again clicked ok jD window opened but hanged

never mind was because of server load not jD

Last edited by jebise101; 27.05.2009 at 05:18.
Old 27.05.2009, 05:20
v0yAgEr

Download the new version from the download section here... The update servers are overloaded.
Old 27.05.2009, 05:36
jebise101

i did and replaced it over my old 828 build and it showed 859 but still required an up date. got it updated now though even though i had 859.
Old 27.05.2009, 14:01
xloki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serag4000 View Post
I Guess what you are looking for is Configuration > Interface > Look & Feel > Feel > Show Ballon infos

Great thanks !