JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 06.09.2016, 09:27
JD VIP

Question UL: Account disabled due account access from too many different IP addresses

During a longer download this night, I go this error message in the settings of my account:
Code:
Your account has been disabled due account access from too many different IP addresses
If I login manually with the same username and password on the uploaded.net website, everthing works as usual.

If deactivate the account in JD2 and wait some minutes, the account turns back to OK, but as soon as I start to download the pending files, it turns to the above error message and a 5 min timeout counts down.

What can I do to get back my still valid UL-Account?
Old 06.09.2016, 09:36
English Supporter

Did you try to download via browser too?
Old 06.09.2016, 09:42
JD VIP

Yes, I get a similar:
Code:
You used too many different IPs, Downloads have been blocked for today.
I don't share my account and I don't use "IP changer sofware".
Old 06.09.2016, 09:50
JD Manager

I suggest to change your password in case your account got hacked and contact uploaded support. Either your account got hacked or your ISP was unstable during night and many reconnects has happened.
Old 06.09.2016, 09:58
JD VIP

Thanks a lot for the fast answer, Jiaz!

I just changed my password - without any problem.
Now I contact uploaded.net and ask them to re-enable my account.
Maybe they can see/tell me, what happened this night.
Old 06.09.2016, 10:02
JD Manager

Yes, ask them. They should be able to help you. You can tell them that you already changed password.
Old 06.09.2016, 16:06
JD VIP

The answer from the "Support Departement" of uploaded.net:
Quote:
Aufgrund von vermehrten Beschwerden in den letzten Tagen bezüglich Account-Sperren wegen zuvieler IP's, mussten wir leider feststellen, dass dieses Problem offensichtlich durch das Trendmicro Anti-Virus-Programm verursacht wurde.

Aus diesem Grund empfehlen wir während der Nutzung unserer Dienstes, das Trendmicro Anti-Virus-Programm zu deaktivieren und Trendmicro über dieses Problem zu informieren.
Short tranlsation:
Deactivate Trendmicro Anti-Virus software using uploaded services.

The bad thing:
I don't use anti virus software from Trendmicro...

Update 15.50 Uhr:
I just had a chat with a technical supporter from Trendmicro. They say
Quote:
we are actually aware of this issue at the moment. And we are very sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused you
The only workaround at the moment is to disable the Trend micro software on your end. Though, we highly discourage that
rest assured that we are doing everything to fix this concern.
Maybe this will help other users

Last edited by invisibleman78; 06.09.2016 at 16:50.
Old 07.09.2016, 08:45
Phlyer

My account was also deactivated twice now due too many IP´s.
Password changed, same result. I use exactly ONE computer at home.

Received the email with "TrendMicro" explanation, problem is: I don´t use any software from TrendMicro. I told them, just to receive the same email again....

Not amused....
Old 07.09.2016, 10:44
JD VIP

Today, my uploaded.net-Account is working again. The message on the website
Code:
You used too many different IPs, Downloads have been blocked for today.
seems to be more accurate with "blocked for today" then the minute countdown from JD2.
Old 20.09.2016, 04:47
godaisan

same symptoms on my end for the last 2 weeks! Very frustrating with similar scripted response from Ul support. I went to the extreme by rebuilding another machine from scratch, install JD and no AV - similar lock out. I have another premium account with a different host with no issues at all. If it continues, I am not renewing with Ul.

I want to add also that it locked me out after a dozen downloads with Firefox, just to rule out JD

Last edited by godaisan; 20.09.2016 at 04:50.
Old 20.09.2016, 04:58
English Supporter

to me if your IP changes regularly either due to IP reconnection in JD, or you have flaky internet connection, or your ISP has proxy service in which they load balance over many IPs.

The first one you can control by disabling IP reconnection (Recommend that for all account holders).
The second one might be bad hardware or physical connection. Try a new modem/router, and if you have phone connection (dsl) make sure you have filters that work on the phone line, no noise levels are within appropriate range.
The last one is out of your control as ISP does as it wishes.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 20.09.2016, 10:22
JD VIP

Don't forget:
There are (ASUS-)Router out there with TrendMicro "protection". Even if you don't have any TrendMicro solution on your PC or laptop, your router can use such a TrendMicro solution.

BTW: I got a new answer with the blabla content "our team are still fixing the issue at the moment and we appreciate the patience with this issue."
Old 20.09.2016, 12:34
JD Manager

I'm sure they are sorting out the issue and yes..can be local or router firewall too. Very likely that firewall/av systems scan urls and often happens from their own datacenters and voila -> different IP's using the same account. I'm sure this is not limited to trendmicro but the first they know about.
Old 21.09.2016, 04:12
godaisan

It's been a long 2 weeks troubleshooting this on my end: Wait for the lock out and try tweaking here and there on the following day. Thanks for the responses, I am ruling out:
- disabling IP reconnection; done, still gets locked out. I even disabled other settings which are enabled by default under the plugin option
- might be bad hardware or physical connection; doubtful, dl from another premium acct is fine, no interruption or hiccups. Media streaming from other sources no issues at all
- phone connection (dsl) make sure you have filters; already installed
- Router out there with TrendMicro "protection"; disabled all these features, even rebooted router, still gets locked out
- ISP has proxy service; possible but doubtful that it's causing it. Many others are complaining over the web. I also checked my router IP which is the same over the past couple of weeks

I provided all my troubleshooting to Ul support, it seems that they are not listening. I got the same generic response "TM issue"
Old 21.09.2016, 10:20
JD Manager

So your router has TrendMicro enabled? Your ISP proxy service? Did you check if your external IP changes over time?
Old 22.09.2016, 19:09
JD VIP

TrendMicro support asked me today (after more then two weeks 'resolving the problem'):
Quote:
...you use an application when accessing uploaded.net? Can you also please let us know if you are using a Premium or a Free account?...
They know that already since our first chat...:outch:

and they close with this words
Quote:
...We have a few cases with the same concern as the one you have which is why we just checked for these details.

Again, thank you so much for the patience and understanding with this issue...
Old 29.09.2016, 16:59
JD VIP

Newest answer from TrendMicro:
Quote:
...I'm glad to tell you that we were able to fix the issue with uploaded.net.
Kindly check if you are still experiencing the issue on your end? If not, I would highly appreciate the confirmation that the issue was resolved already...
Not sure if I should turn on the TrendMicro 'protection' just to get blocked again
Old 29.09.2016, 17:09
Community Manager

I'd trust them and try it - they should be able to fix such things fine as they're a big company...I'd guess.

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 14.11.2017, 22:16
KoloheWiz

How in the world can this be marked "Solved"? It obviously is NOT SOLVED! The problem did not exist until the latest update to JD2 (Build Date: Tue Nov 14 17:48:05 CET 2017). As soon as JD2 restarted after that update the "too many IP addresses" error showed up. Before the update, it was downloading fine. I stopped the DL's in progress to let JD2 update itself. As soon as I attempted to resume the DL's after the update, the error message appeared. That is NOT a TM problem as I have NEVER used TM for anything and neither does my modem/router. This is a JD2 problem and a major one at that. Please don't mark an issue solved when it obviously hasn't. As for UL support, they claim to see no problems on their end whatsoever.
Old 15.11.2017, 11:05
JD Manager

The issue is marked solved because it is not caused by JDownloader. First of all, there have been no changes in Uploaded plugin since months. Also JDownloader has no way to use different IPs other then what you did setup in Settings-Connections. So when uploaded claims *too many different IP*, how should JDownloader cause this.

Also if it would be really caused *somehow* by JDownloader, don't you think that there would be MANY ḾANY reports about this?

All reported incidents (E-Mail, TicketSystem) about same issue were caused by
1.) ppl not knowing that they have multiple IPs.
1.1.) they simply dont know that their server/pc has multiple IPs
1.2.) ISP transparently changing IP (bad Timing)
1.3.) ISP does NAT/Proxy

2.) account sharing/hacking

3.) proxy/vpn users
3.1.) forgot to start VPN Client. Two different IPs
3.2.) changed used vpn endpoint/proxy, two/more different IPs

4.) Using reconnect feature a lot.

5.) Firewall/AV software causing this because of transparently checking URLs via Firewall/AV servers (you can read in forum about this, even this thread is about this)

6.) Some ISP even hijack connections and that causes multiple IP access (you can read in forum about this)
Old 15.11.2017, 13:33
JD Fan

Not sure if it helps, but I use Uploaded behind a VPN and have had no issues with it. Even when I've changed the VPN server, which changes the IP address, a few times during the day.

So I would agree it's not a Jdownloader issue and would also suggest it's not overly sensitive to changing the IP address, which suggests something else is going on.
Old 15.11.2017, 21:57
KoloheWiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
The issue is marked solved because it is not caused by JDownloader. First of all, there have been no changes in Uploaded plugin since months. Also JDownloader has no way to use different IPs other then what you did setup in Settings-Connections. So when uploaded claims *too many different IP*, how should JDownloader cause this.

Also if it would be really caused *somehow* by JDownloader, don't you think that there would be MANY ḾANY reports about this?

All reported incidents (E-Mail, TicketSystem) about same issue were caused by
1.) ppl not knowing that they have multiple IPs.
1.1.) they simply dont know that their server/pc has multiple IPs
1.2.) ISP transparently changing IP (bad Timing)
1.3.) ISP does NAT/Proxy

2.) account sharing/hacking

3.) proxy/vpn users
3.1.) forgot to start VPN Client. Two different IPs
3.2.) changed used vpn endpoint/proxy, two/more different IPs

4.) Using reconnect feature a lot.

5.) Firewall/AV software causing this because of transparently checking URLs via Firewall/AV servers (you can read in forum about this, even this thread is about this)

6.) Some ISP even hijack connections and that causes multiple IP access (you can read in forum about this)
Despite all your rambling above, you failed to recognize one simple fact: The problem started immediately after JD2 updated. As for the complaints, they are all over the web. Just because they aren't in your forum doesn't mean they don't exist. Explain this: JD2 was downloading from UL via my premium account fine. JD2 notified there were updates available. The running DL's were stopped and JD2 updated when the flashing update available icon was clicked. As soon as update was complete, DL's could not resume due to "too many IP addresses" error. That error occurred as soon as JD2 attempted to verify the account. Considering NOTHING else occurred other than the JD2 update, that points squarely at JD2 being the problem! Did you not get a degree in comp sci? (FYI: I have a Masters in CS/CIS) Do you not understand how there is only one logical explanation when everything worked until the JD2 update and then immediately thereafter didn't? NOTHING ELSE CHANGED IN THE SYSTEM BUT YOUR SOFTWARE! In fact, other than the standard background windows and security, JD2 was the only software running at the time. No web browser. No productivity software (like Office or Outlook). Nothing. The ONLY programs running were JD2 and NIS. Don't try and blame Norton like you have in the past as it has nothing to do with them. Everything points at something within the JD2 update that broke what had been working fine immediately prior. FYI: UL now blames you (instead of TrendMicro) and you are basically blaming UL which leaves the actual end users nowhere and the issue definitely NOT SOLVED. TO further prove that it is JD2, I successfully downloaded a single file through the browser from UL via my Premium account. Since it was successful, I figured I could start and use JD2. As soon as JD2 was started, the too many IP's error came back when JD2 was verifying the premium account. Now tell me again how this is NOT a JD2 problem. Sadly, once the JD2 issue occurs, UL blocks all dl's again citing the multiple IP addresses used reason.
Old 16.11.2017, 09:53
JD Manager

I'm sorry but I can only repeat.
1.) There have been no changes at all
2.) JDownloader cannot magically use a different IP than you system has

Uploaded claims that multiple IPs access the account. How should this be JDownloader fault if JDownloader can only use the IP that your computer has. You have a Master in CS/CIS, great for you. Then please explain me how JDownloader should be able to use a different IP to access Uploaded than your system has?!

Did you even check your WAN IP? Did you check if it has changed? Did you check the other facts that I've listed?
Old 16.11.2017, 09:55
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoloheWiz View Post
TO further prove that it is JD2, I successfully downloaded a single file through the browser from UL via my Premium account. Since it was successful, I figured I could start and use JD2. As soon as JD2 was started, the too many IP's error
You might have setup a vpn/proxy in Browser and/or JDownloader. Did you change Settings-Connections in JDownloader? Can you show a screenshot?
Old 16.11.2017, 09:58
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoloheWiz View Post
FYI: UL now blames you (instead of TrendMicro) and you are basically blaming UL
Where did I blame UL for this? I just listed all known reasons that could cause this and all those reasons where the real reason why this error occured in first place. The simple fact that this is about *multiple IPs* and JDownloader is only able to use the system IPs. With master in CS/CIS you should know that.
Old 16.11.2017, 21:42
KoloheWiz

Single internal IP via router. Single external IP which has been the same for 3 years through the same ISP. No VPN. No Proxy. No ISP related problem according to their tech support. One PC system with one NIC. And yet the exact same thing happened again this morning. I successfully download a file via the browser through the UL premium account without any issues. Then I started up JD2. The account settings tab showed the UL premium account as valid and usable. As soon as I clicked the JD2 download button I immediately got blocked by UL for using multiple IP's. Again. Now tell me again how this is not a JD2 problem when it ONLY happens when using JD2.
Old 16.11.2017, 22:01
JD Manager

Settings-Advanced Settings, search for debug and enable log debug.
Then restart JDownloader. Remove the Account and add it again, then try to download
After error shows up, please create a log, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs
and post shown logID here

I doubt that the IP is really blocked but some error occurs and the handling is wrong. But I only can tell more with log.
Old 17.11.2017, 08:05
KoloheWiz

It just happened again. I was able to download multiple files using every browser I have installed. Since they all worked without any problems I made the mistake of thinking JD2 would have no problems despite my gut telling me otherwise. Sure enough, as soon as I clicked the download button it went through several attempts to connect and then the error too many IP's being used occurred again. Like I said, there has to be something within JD2 that is apparently being misinterpreted by the UL servers. I have changed the settings but will have to wait until sometime tomorrow evening for UL to reset my account again. I will then post the logs per the instructions. I've attached two screenshots of the before and after showing the account settings. If you look at the time you can see how fast the error occurs. This was right after successfully downloading from the same account via Chrome without incident. All I did was click the JD2 download button.
Attached Thumbnails
JD2-1.jpg   JD2-2.jpg  

Last edited by KoloheWiz; 17.11.2017 at 08:11.
Old 17.11.2017, 08:18
KoloheWiz

You mentioned a blocked IP. Funny you should mention that as my IP from my ISP is actually on 6 blacklists from what I can find. As far as I know, it always has been on those 6 despite my telling my ISP about it years ago.
Old 17.11.2017, 11:04
JD Manager

Waiting for new logfiles. Can you still download in browser or do you get same error message there as well? Can you also please provide a screenshot of Settings-Connections
Old 17.11.2017, 11:06
JD Manager

I really want to help you fix this issue/find the cause of it. It is important that you have enabled debug log! Settings-Advanced Settings-search for log and enable debug log.
Once I got hands on logs, maybe whole situation clears up. I can also offer live help via teamviewer if you like, just contact us via support@jdownloader.org
Old 18.11.2017, 20:57
KoloheWiz

It would seem that JD2 is having a problem connecting to the UL servers. It goes through the connecting cycle but never connects and after a few seconds the error appears and I get blocked again. I was able to download via the browser this morning without any errors. Since they worked, I fired up JD2 and after several failed attempts to connect to the UL servers I got blocked for using too many IP addresses.
Here's the log from this morning when it occurred.
18.11.17 08.27.33 <--> 18.11.17 08.52.16 jdlog://3200024015941/
Old 18.11.2017, 21:00
KoloheWiz

Here's the Connection Settings screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
JD-3.jpg  
Old 19.11.2017, 01:04
English Supporter

@KoloheWiz
what I can tell from your logs
- its shows you're using the web download method for uploaded.to and not API mode.
- it shows that https is downgraded to http
- log also shows that links are been intercepted via redirect into IP subnet that owned by your ISP. I assume this is some type cache service at a guess. They are probably doing more which we can not see behind the scenes. I tried opening that URL in my browser and it redirects back to hoster which says the generated link has expired.
- shows that JD worked at times (prior successful downloads) even though inception and other times doesn't work.
- then fails after numerous interceptions and errors uploaded prevents you access any further. You must have hit some threshold. I can give you further information if you want in not so public manner, or you can look at the logs yourself its all there.

I'm confident to say its caused your ISP.

raztoki

Old 20.11.2017, 12:14
JD Manager

ISP intercepts download and that causes the multiple IPs
Set max connections to lower value than 5. Browser uses 1 and I guess your ISP redirects to transparent proxy on too many connections
It's same as here https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...postcount=1183

JDownloader requests to UL server fra-7m21-stor07.uploaded.net/dl..
And transparent proxy intercepts
HTTP/1.1 302 Found
Old 20.11.2017, 21:02
KoloheWiz

Thanks for the information. Changing the settings in JD2 made no difference even when set to all 1's - 1 block, 1 download, 1 connection per host - as it still has a problem connecting to UL servers. Luckily, I've stopped it from causing the too many IP's error because the behavior during the attempt to connect kind of gives it away. As for the other issues - web vs API - I cannot explain why that is the case. The ISP being the main problem is sadly very believable as TWC is now owned and operated by Spectrum Since the change there has been a steady downward spiral with regards to reliability of service. It would explain why the JD2 settings suddenly caused problems that will not go away no matter what. Basically, from what I was able to read in the logs myself, Spectrum, JD2 and UL do not and will not play together well at all no matter what settings are used. Back to the takes forever single file download via browser as JD2 has been rendered basically useless since Spectrum is the only ISP choice in my location.
Old 21.11.2017, 12:26
JD Manager

You could try to use a VPN that prevents your ISP from intercepting the traffic.
You can also limit UL Links to 1 concurrent download and use other values for other hosts at the same time.

Even with one by one download, JDownloader offers enough advantages and is not *useless* in my eyes. Download files in browser one by one. You have to do it yourself vs automated via JDownloader. Just my two cents.
Old 04.12.2017, 21:54
KoloheWiz

In repsonse to your VPN suggestion, a VPN is not a viable solution for several reasons. One being the ridiculous expense due to the fact that, living in Hawaii, there are virtually no VPN's available. Then there's the simple fact that there is only one ISP available where I reside so my connection will always end up through (and basically controlled by) their equipment.

Just when it appeared that things were finally working correctly and without issue, the too many IP addresses error has come back. This time it occurred after 10 successful downloads had already completed. Then, when the 11th began the error came back. I know not to use JD and the browser simultaneously as that will always produce the too many IP's error even if everything is set to 1 in JD. Somehow, only having one external IP address is being interpreted as being multiples again. According to Spectrum (my ISP) they aren't doing anything to split the signals for load balancing or anything like that. In fact, they claim that the IP address I see on my system is the only one that is or should be associated with my system. So... Spectrum tech support says the blame is on my download manager enabling multiple IP download streams that appear to the host server as multiple IP's. At this point I would hold Uploaded as responsible for the problems. Why else would everything have been going smoothly and then suddenly produce an error? Hopefully, there is an explanation for this rather bizarre behavior. Thanks for the assistance with this baffling issue.
Oh yeah, here's the logs that should cover what happened:
04.12.17 07.46.25 <--> 03.12.17 08.27.48 jdlog://7408024015941/

Last edited by KoloheWiz; 04.12.2017 at 22:07.
Old 05.12.2017, 00:31
English Supporter

@KoloheWiz

its not uploaded, other than the restrict access and you get caught out.
your ISP is at fault for the reasons I gave earlier (subnet that hihacks with a redirect is owned by your ISP).

encrypted VPN will help and your ISP can not intercept, the VPN provider doesn't need be located on your island. Since most of the traffic for you would go via USA mainland to Europe (where uploaded servers are mainly located for memory) anyway. FYI I believe I have seen HMA does have a Hawaii end point. I would also classify VPN providers as inexpensive.

checked your new log
once again IP owned by your ISP hijacks the connection and shows HTML instead of providing the data requested. This then prevents our program from downloading.

raztoki

Old 05.12.2017, 13:36
JD Manager

Request: fra-7m17-stor01.uploaded.net/dl/...
ISP Intercepts request
HTTP/1.1 302 Found
142.x.4.x:80/data/xxxxxxxxx/fra-7m17-stor01.uploaded.net/dl/...
This causes the *multiple IP usage* block by UL