JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Closed Thread

Old 22.11.2011, 06:39
JD Fan

Default Headsup: Captcha Traders is dead!!!

I just spent $25 by paypal to find out CaptchaTraders is dead. None of the capchas were being solved and none of my Emails got returned. After a few days trying to get in contact with someone from captchaTraders I noticed that there stats haven't changed in days!!!!

Hopefully PayPal will refund my money but I'm not sure.

Don't spend any money on CaptchaTraders. They are gone!
Old 22.11.2011, 07:03
Black Hole

Connectivity to them has been inconsistent lately, but it auto-solved a bunch of captchas for me over the last 10 hours, so they're not gone for me.
Old 22.11.2011, 07:48
DSL Light User

works again.
Old 30.11.2011, 22:02
stingray88

Default Looking for help with CaptchaTrader on Ubuntu

So I've downloaded and installed CaptchaTrader on my Ubuntu desktop. The instructions are really quite simple, so I'm not sure how I could have done something wrong... but it's certainly not working in JDownloader. I even tested the .sh file and got nothing in error.log and received what I've been told is the correct response in the output file.

I'm wondering if anyone can assist me in diagnosing this issue further because I'm really at a loss as to what I'm doing wrong. Thanks!
Old 30.11.2011, 22:35
Community Manager

Merged captchatrader threads!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
That's true James
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Die Leute verstehen einfach nicht dass nur weil man mit einer Waffe auch auf Menschen schießen kann dass ein Schützenver​ein kein Ort für Amoklaufide​en ist
Old 30.11.2011, 23:34
stingray88

Thanks for merging the thread, I believe I found my issue in past comments.

The download site I'm using is called Filepost.com... and I opened up the jacinfo.xml file and found that it is not listed in that file. So am I right to assume the only supported websites by captchatrader are the ones listed in that xml file?

Last edited by raztoki; 01.12.2011 at 02:10. Reason: fixed spelling
Old 01.12.2011, 02:11
English Supporter

@stingray88

the jacinfo.xml file might need editing to add and remove some domains. Hosters change use of captchas regularly, and CT never really makes any amendments to their installer

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 17.12.2011, 03:53
Arwen

Please blacklist this add-on for good, it's more offline than online, and just plain unreliable.
People pay cash for a service that doesn't exist, please stop supporting that.

Last edited by Arwen; 17.12.2011 at 03:56.
Old 17.12.2011, 05:12
English Supporter

We don't support them persay, they have provided open source jac plugin and service of there own accord. If you have troubles email/twitter them they are usually very prompt, I haven't noticed any issues.

Old 06.01.2012, 02:08
JPeterson

I recently loaded captchatrader into jD but all my captchatrader.com/statistics submissions have the Grade "no response received". (The answers are correct though.) Why doesn't my jD report that they are good? Anyone had this similar situation?

Last edited by JPeterson; 06.01.2012 at 02:20.
Old 06.01.2012, 02:21
Xavyer

JD hasnt a function to tell if a captcha is right. Because befor the recaptchas there was no need for something like that.
Old 06.01.2012, 02:23
JPeterson

But how is the responder given a grade then? I receive a grade for my solutions within around 10 - 20 seconds.
Old 06.01.2012, 05:12
JPeterson

When my credits dried up filesonic.com produced a "Plugin error (our of date)" error instead of reverting to opening the jD recaptcha window like the other plugins. And when I reset the file the filesonic.com link is using a credit, but fails to start the download and instead display the "Plugin error (our of date)" message again. Anyone else had this happen?
Old 06.01.2012, 06:01
English Supporter

how captcahtrader works is if you don't send another request within x seconds from the first failure, its taken as correct! If you send another request as the first one failed you wont be credited (think this is mentioned on there site). Recaptcha on failure loads a new image so it can't be the same one twice, not entirely sure how that works with multi threaded plugin which they have now, maybe they will comment?. Captcahtrader doesn't take user side reporting on success because people would just state they never got the answer right... thus costing them no credits.

I've seen some plugin errors in the past chew peoples credits up, very annoying on the point of view of the end user. We really need those sort of looping bugs reported so that they can be prevented in the plugins code. So reporting is looping errors can only benefit you!

Old 06.01.2012, 06:27
JPeterson

Thanks.

Yes the "Plugin error (our of date)" should be set to all links from the same host (filesonic in this case) because it did chew up credits for all filesonic links in my case.
Old 11.01.2012, 21:19
Wyatt

CaptchaTrader didn't work for me either, until I realized the file sharing service I tried to d/l from (DepositFiles) wasn't listed in CT's jacinfo.xml file. After editing the xml, the plugin ran flawlessly.

Last edited by Wyatt; 11.01.2012 at 22:01.
Old 12.01.2012, 00:10
WindWalkerX

I bought a bunch of credits here last month. Man was that ever a good idea.
I can't tell you how much these things annoy me, lol.
I had a whole 1000+ link collection of 2-4 mb files I'd been putting off downloading because I didn't want to spend literally all day filling out captchas.

Last edited by WindWalkerX; 15.01.2012 at 15:57. Reason: really weird mod edit o_O
Old 12.01.2012, 00:21
JPeterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindWalkerX View Post
I bought [some dollar value here] in credits here last month. Man was that ever a good idea. I can't tell you how much these things annoy me, lol. I had a whole 1000+ link collection of 2-4 mb files I'd been putting off downloading because I didn't want to spend literally all day filling out captchas.
(This hasn't anything to do with support but it's still worth saying.)

I agree with you and it surprised me that 1 000 recaptcha solutions cost $1! and give $0.7. It's hard to comprehend how a recaptcha solution can give (and cost) so little since it only equates to $0.13/h if you assume 180 solutions/h (20 s/solution, 10 s to receive the captcha and 10 s to submit the solution). An important explanation for the low price is probably that many users avoid buying recaptchas for imaginary or real reasons and instead solve recaptchas for 7 credits and thereby give away 3/10 recpatchas per solution to the paying users. I would also guess that users solve all the captchas and CaptchaTrader doesn't employ any resources to solving captchas.

Last edited by raztoki; 12.01.2012 at 12:04.
Old 12.01.2012, 11:32
therock003

I dont understand how captchatrader functions as a system. So when i'm away from home and i have fileserve/filesonic links in a queu, my Recaptcha appears on someone elses screen and he solves it for me so the downloads can start? Another thing is that recaptchas last for a limited amount of time, before ticket expires. How is someone supposed to solve a recaptcha within seconds when, millions of them appear worldwide?
Old 12.01.2012, 11:49
remi

If you don't pay with a currency monopolised by a country's national bank Mafia you're paying with credits that you've earned by solving captchas for other people.

Captchas expire after a few minutes, so solving them is a time critical process. You lose credits when you don't solve them in the time frame that is allocated to you.

If N million captchas are used (or paid for) to fully automate some processes, then there are also N million captchas solved. This solving process can be manual (people who are paid with credits or with monopolised currency) or automatic by some captcha recognition software.
Closed Thread