JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 05.11.2019, 16:01
Mega Loader

Default Does Jdownloader 2 able to set user profile ?

Does Jdownloader 2 able to set user profile ? As it is quite related to download link , I would like to set a profile on doing a categorize , separation or arrangement on file and links.

Example : I did subscribe on some youtube channel but when I copy the link , jdownloader will automatically create a folder of the link.
I need to manually edit and drag the Link to the Jdownloader specific created folder name and directory for every file it grab.

In short , link grabber grab the link and when download it knows where the links to categorize or add in.I would like to keep the link intake in Jdownloader as a history of video that I had downloaded.

Like a multiple profile on firefox , profile 1st for different add on and link open and setting while 2nd profile keep with default setting.
Old 06.11.2019, 15:50
JD Manager

You can use Settings-Packagizer and create rules to customize name,package, directory...
*create a folder for the link* -< this is the default subfolder rule, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...ackage-feature

I think you should try the Packagizer rules to achieve your goals. There is no profile support but you could use multiple JDownloader installations on the same computer with different settings though
Old 07.03.2020, 16:10
Mega Loader

If predefined rules, can we set or create a different tab for the download list ?
Example like download 1 (youtube) or download 1, download 2 ?

Old 09.03.2020, 13:39
Community Manager

Sorry I don't understand - what do you mean?

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 09.03.2020, 14:31
Mega Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
Sorry I don't understand - what do you mean?

-psp-
Creating a tab on jdownloader like a browser tab.

By setting Packagizer rules example Condition : URL = **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
it'll automatically move all youtube donwload link into (Download tab 1) maybe rename it to youtube.
or if Packagizer rules example Condition : URL = **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
it'll automatically move all facebook video donwload link into (Download tab 2) maybe rename it to facebook video.

Something similar as arrangement.I plan to keep the downloaded link to redownload it in future and organize it well.
Old 09.03.2020, 15:04
Community Manager

Hm I don't see how many users would use this but at least I get what you mean now.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 09.03.2020, 16:09
Mega Loader

Quote:
Hm I don't see how many users would use this but at least I get what you mean now.

-psp-
Maybe not many user will use when it require customization for different hoster.

but it will be quite easy , if user really wanted, they can just
-add a tab
-rename the tab (example:Youtube DDL Tutorial or News)
-Search by hoster
-Select the link
-Right click move to (Youtube DDL Tutorial) tab

The aim actually is just to organize and keep the download link.
Download link from facebook , twitter or youtube is somehow permanent link that will not change in the meantime.Re organize with categories would be benefits for user who doesn't want to see a bunch of links cramp into a single download tab.Like an email which we can create a categorize which email address will automatically be save to the respective folder.
Old 09.03.2020, 16:11
Community Manager

If you find other users who are interested in this, they may post in this thread.

Also, I could just create a ticket now but I'm pretty sure it would not be implemented within the next few years/ever.

-psp-
EDIT

We are open source so you may as well contribute code yourself

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 13.05.2020, 02:04
Mega Loader

Quote:
If you find other users who are interested in this, they may post in this thread.

Also, I could just create a ticket now but I'm pretty sure it would not be implemented within the next few years/ever.

-psp-
EDIT

We are open source so you may as well contribute code yourself
I hope it will be implement as for user who wanted to retain links for future to redownload.
A perfect way to reorganize , categorizes the links you downloaded into certain tab.
-Example move all links from youtube to News tab after download complete.

I would like to contribute some but where should I start looking to code on ?
Old 13.05.2020, 06:03
English Supporter

Just had a quick read of your thread,
multiple download tabs have been asked about previously and declined. This I don't believe will ever come, as it adds a larger complexity.

as for multiple download paths for specific content, that can already be done with package customiser rules (as already stated)
rule one:
downloadurl contains: youtube.com, -> download directory = a
downloadurl contains: facebook.com, -> download directory = b

as for history management, its not recommended that you keep completed links inside the download tab for ever and a day. Every link requires memory allocation, so as links grow the slower and less efficient the program becomes.

As for finding content, there is already features in place which allows you to quickly filter content. Either by name|hoster|.. along with status (completed|failed|incomplete|..). You can also utilise functions like comments and quickly filter them based on your previous entry.

that said, if your willing to code the functions your looking for yourself, please don't let what we said stop you.
You can find a guide here https://beta.jdownloader.org/developmentquicktutorial

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 14.05.2020, 01:35
Mega Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
Just had a quick read of your thread,
multiple download tabs have been asked about previously and declined. This I don't believe will ever come, as it adds a larger complexity.

as for multiple download paths for specific content, that can already be done with package customiser rules (as already stated)
rule one:
downloadurl contains: youtube.com, -> download directory = a
downloadurl contains: facebook.com, -> download directory = b

as for history management, its not recommended that you keep completed links inside the download tab for ever and a day. Every link requires memory allocation, so as links grow the slower and less efficient the program becomes.

As for finding content, there is already features in place which allows you to quickly filter content. Either by name|hoster|.. along with status (completed|failed|incomplete|..). You can also utilise functions like comments and quickly filter them based on your previous entry.

that said, if your willing to code the functions your looking for yourself, please don't let what we said stop you.
You can find a guide here **External links are only visible to Support Staff**...

raztoki
Did it being decline ? previous post mention by pspzockerscene Community Manager will create a ticket.I though it will take times to implement but not decline.

I am not familiar with java programming on a complexity in creating a new tab or moving download link to next tab.

-Since it is hard to be done , can I request a more easier way to filter up or finding content download links by adding an extra tag on the column ?
It will be much easier to create a tag/hashtag for a filter.
Example : I tick a tag on one of my youtube link and rename it as 'news' tag and facebook link tag as 'social media'.
When on the filter list , i just type the tag or list the column, it'll show up download link with the tag given to show up.
I believe it is most common for tag or hashtag to be a basic.
If it's too complex for jdownloader team, can you suggest me a way to filter a list of download by make a remark or a note in a single tick ?

My true intention is just to sort links and keep them in order.I too believe most of us will remove the downloaded file to free up our hard disk space.
When there is a need to re download it for future reference, I do not need to take the time to search again the file across the facebook link , scrolling down months or year.

I do take account , keeping complete links in a management technical perspective will reduce jdownloader responsive or as you said, less efficient the program becomes.While SSD took place , programs load much faster and most of us only keep not more or less of a year of download links.

The current search on content is very limited to (File/Package Name , Comment , hoster and status).

As for my few temporary solution would be adding up comment on every Package from start to the end of the list.
Besides , create a new jd2 folder by copying all the cfg downloadlink.zip and delete unwanted link as a new downloadlink2.zip specified for News.
When new links are added , I need to unzip the downloadlink1.zip and add into downloadlink2.zip.Not a recommended method.

The tutorial guide https://beta.jdownloader.org/developmentquicktutorial , i will need to study on java inorder to code them and will take times.

Thanks for the long read , I hope jdownloader team will create a ticket for hashtag filter in future or something similar for user who do prioritize on link management order
Old 14.05.2020, 07:12
English Supporter

in respects to multiple tabs, yes declined request.
I just did a quick search, https://board.jdownloader.org/search...ax=0&userid=0& and found some references https://board.jdownloader.org/showth...e+download+tab

As stated earlier its not recommend to keep numerous links in JD as a long term history as its takes up memory (RAM / Swap space). As for a year of links I guess that might work for some users that do not download much content, then someone with heavy use could be over a years worth a links in a couple hours. It would be relative issue to usage. The outcome results in restriction of resources to your operating system and other applications, so it can adversely effect your experience!

There are tickets for download history function but they are not implemented yet.
at a 11 years old and 8 years old
mgpai did create an event script to create simple support https://board.jdownloader.org/showth...178#post383178

as for hashtag, you can already do that within the comment section, this is the entire reason for this feature, to place in meaning for text or keywords for your later reference. You can also create infofile for each download (text file) which will save filename/filesize/url/comments.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]