JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 01.03.2014, 00:26
nalooti

Default javaw.exe *32 hangs/freezes on multiuser W7

Hi,

It's been a long time I have a freeze problem of Jdownloader 1 and it's becoming really annoying.

I run it under Windows 7 x64. The Jdownloader process is apparently (javaw.exe *32) which virtually means this is the 32 bit version (don't know if there is a x64 version ?).

The problem is that when Jdownloader is running and someone at home logs into his account on the same Windows on which Jdownloader is running (This is a W7 multiuser PC where I can run two concurrent and simultaneous user sessions), then Jdownloader seems to freeze. When I take a look in Windows processes, I see "javaw.exe 32" using lots of CPU abnormally, more than usually.

I say Jdownloader "seems" to freeze because actually often it still runs because files keep downloading (I checked on explorer) but the graphic interface is completely frozen and it is no more possible to do anything other than waiting the current download to finish or kill the Jdownloader process.

If I kill the process and the other user has still his session running, I can't launch again Jdownloader. It never starts with the javaw.exe *32 again using too much CPU.

If the other user closes his session, everything becomes normal again and I can do whatever I want with Jdownloader.

Sometimes, when the other user logs in his session, Jdownloader' graphic user still responds; it doesn't get frozen like I described) but once the user starts a youtube video (or any other video streaming, flash or not), Jdownloader freezes and this happens all the time.
Again, only ending the user's session can bring back Jdownloader to its normal status.

What is the problem ?
Is there any x64 version of Jdownload for Windows 7 ?

thanks for help
Old 01.03.2014, 17:49
Community Manager

The only advices I can give you:
1. As long as you use JD1, use the old Java 1.6.
2. If it doesn't get any better, try the JDownloader 2 BETA - you will need the current Java 1.7 for that!

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?