JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > International Support > Reconnect

Old 29.10.2012, 04:36
shizzle01

Question On university network, ipconfig doesn't help

Hi there,

I think this is a bit of a niche topic, but I have no access to the www configuration or the router. It's a WPA-secured university Wifi network.

The problem is, I already flushed via ipconfig, but it didn't help!:outch:
It still says "Waiting for new IP address" and "2h:58m:48s" etc.
Maybe I made some mistake. Also, in your guide you say:
Quote:
Usually, you need to create a batch file that disconnects you from the server, calls a program (such as Technitium) that changes your computer's MAC address, and then reconnects you to the server.

In the best case you can use IPCONFIG to disconnect and reconnect. Sometimes you will have to actually log off of your PPP server and log back in.
What is a "PPP server"? Isn't my MAC address fixed? Your guide should ideally link directly to the explanation and files in question. *edit* Used Technitium to change my MAC address, same problem. -.-

Sorry if this is too noobish, but I am absolutely not good with IT and don't have endless time to configure stuff like this, so I hope I can find a solution quickly.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by shizzle01; 29.10.2012 at 04:43.
Old 29.10.2012, 11:35
Freeloader

The flush Ip command is for LAN and not for WAN, in this case we want to change the WAN IP not LAN.

Mac address change is for cable connections, which only works in cases where the service provider allows the usage of more than 1 IP, in most cases cable internet providers do not allow more than 1 WAN IP addresses. But because of an exploit in their systems or for technical reasons, some of them are forced to assign new IP addresses with the change of the mac address of machine (ethernet adapter) or router. The technitium program you mentioned above is only capable of changing the machine mac address.

A PPP is the abbreviation of point to point protocol, it simply represents the protocol which is currently being used by your internet connection. There are two types of ppp, pppoe (over ethernet) and pppoa (over atm). PPPoE is more commonly used.

If you do not have access to the router interface, this means that you can not disconnect it from WAN and reconnect it to WAN (unless you have access to the power button), , therefore a new WAN IP address can not be assigned to your internet connection.

Other ways to access routers command interface is the telnet protocol, but this will only work if the router supports it, and again it might be necessary to enter username and pass if the router is protected from 3rd parties.

Last edited by Freeloader; 30.10.2012 at 08:17.