JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 11.01.2014, 19:00
Beta version of me

Oh man, I donated to you guys 30 bucks a while ago, and you like up all my machine today. Make us a favor and burn in hell.

Peace.

Edit: thanks binary gods, system restore worked today.

like you all jD guys. I feel shame of you.

Last edited by Beta version of me; 11.01.2014 at 19:14.
Old 12.01.2014, 16:28
Community Manager

Hi
Thanks for the feedback - although it was not very nice...

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 14.01.2014, 11:52
nyepistico

Default Thank you JDownloader to totally destroy my system

Hi

I just registered to have the chance to give my opinion.

Heh, first of all I must say that it has been hard to write those words because I have been forced to TOTALLY REINSTALL my Windows 7 x64 system, which by the way was nearly fresh and only with 1 month of life. I just had there system programs and few regular ones (firefox, eset nod32 ...) and haven't had one single problem (which BTW it's normal, as its totally fresh).

I consider myself an advanced user, been using computers for more than 20 years (being an engineer) and actively working and developing from home. Never had a single problem with my own computers with malware or adware. In fact I used to repair my friend's systems plenty of virus and crap like that. I say that just to point that I am not a newbie and I carefully choose what I install on my pc's.

Last Sunday, missing the JDownloader I have been using for years on my old computers, I went to your website (.org) and downloaded your webinstaller. I carefully denied each crap the installer tried to install, but anyway my nod32 antivirus popped out a pair of windows pointing that he just blocked some of the CRAP MALWARE your installer was trying to install in my system. At the end, some of this crap software managed to install themselves (WITHOUT MY CONSENT) and at next reboot my browsers (firefox and chrome) begun to be unstable, to show wrong pages and finally just crashed and refused to start again.

Soon I detected some malware was silently running on my system, by checking my windows active services and start configuration. I tried to uninstall them (no option on my control panel to do so), tried to do it with spybot and malwarebytes' anti-malware, deleted most of them but at a certain point the malware just returned and reinstalled itself again on my system.

Then I started regedit and begun deleting any single reference to that malware, but don't know how, it returned. But soon later it did not really matter, because my system just refused to start. Windows recovery gave me some options to go back to an old restoration point, but also failed to carry me back to them.

At that point and knowing that my system was nearly fresh and empty, I decided to totally reinstall my Windows 7 x64.

I understand developers have to earn money for what they do. It's, in fact, what I do. But I would never add hidden crap malware to my apps that could badly hurt my customers system. Are you crazy? What where you thinking when you added over 5 malware/adware apps to your installer to put on your users computers?? Some that, even if you refuse to install, install themselves anyway.

And not "easy removable toolbars" like Yahoo Toolbar, with a friendly uninstall process. No, just MALWARE defined as MALWARE everywhere on the net. MALWARE from bad companies with a very bad reputation, dialers and crap that logs users actions and who the hell knows what they do with that.

So I just wanted to register here and say THANK YOU GUYS, GREAT JOB!!

Good luck with that strategy to like your users by hiddenly installing malware on their systems that it's incredibly hard to get ride of. Looks pretty nice and for sure it's the best move to do. And thank you for not showing any warning before people downloads and tries to use your crap installer

I think I don't need to say I would never use JDownloader again, and will warn each one of my friends to never download it.

Final note: Publishing guides to explain to your customers how to remove the crap your installer hiddenly put on their systems it's, for sure, the most hilarous developer move I have ever seen. It's like shooting your customers in the arm and then giving them some strips

Last edited by nyepistico; 14.01.2014 at 12:56.
Old 14.01.2014, 19:51
hoax

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
Thanks for your feedback.
I'll never understand how people can install software and keep clicking "next next next" without reading...

GreeZ psp
Hi,

This isnt't even about always clicking next in installers. It's about trust. I have used jDownloader for years, like I have used other free software for years, for example the well-known VLC media player. And it has come to a point where I trust those programs to be clean and good software and not something I have to be careful with when installing.

And please, don't act so innocent. You know exactly that it's the goal of those guys who provide the installer to hide the malware installation as good as they can. It's just not nice and you shouldn't do that.

Nobody would've complained if there was a visible checkbox saying "install random toolbar which is easy to remove", but no, instead they choose to present some tricky "Terms of Use" screens with Accept and Deny buttons. Most of the time, clicking on deny means that you won't be able to install the software, that's why most users naturally click on "Accept" when they see ToS screens.

Sure, I failed to read all of it. You know why? Because I trusted you. And because people make mistakes. But that shouldn't be punished with me having to download Adware Cleaners and what not to remove your malware.

Those "bundles" that are installed with your software (at least if you're not careful enough) are just a poor choice. I wouldn't have made the effort to register here and post this for a simple to remove toolbar.

Please consider moving away from such shady methods.
Old 14.01.2014, 21:38
Community Manager

GreeZ pspzockerscene
EDIT

Another adware removal tool:
chip.de/downloads/Junkware-Removal-Tool_61676499.html

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 17.01.2014 at 18:38.
Old 21.01.2014, 13:57
Andee1

Hi. Using the Web-installer (offline-installer is not easy to get and even THAT one wants internet access DURING installation over and over!) is annoying!

Webinstaller only talks about a TOOLBAR but what you get is not a simple to uninstall TOOLBAR but SYSTEM-DEEP and BROWSER-DEEP search engine PLUS some different kind of "tweak software" which may differ in each installation of JD! It's impossible to completely remove all that crap manually - some yes, some not. AdwCleaner does the best job.

If you uncheck the "Toolbar-installation" as shown in the screen no common and (usually) easy to remove toolbar will be installed but both normal and system-deep adware without your permission. It's like gambling - you cannnot say what's coming after the last "next" and perhaps there might also be clean JD-Installations as well!

Finally it's not okay what goes on with the Webinstaller! JD is not just some a crap software so the installation process shouldn't go this way. The "search engine" SWEET-PAGE e.g is a system-deep annoying monster which I manually couldn't remove. >:-( Thank the web-god there's ADWCLEANER to remove it - hopefully complete.

Yes, I have a really clean system-image but this is just meant to be used for heavy system failures. Perhaps Win 7 system restore (if activated) to a previous checkpoint may also solve the problem but as we know it's not always reliable - I haven't tried it.

DO NOT USE THE CURRENT WEBINSTALLER and JD-should provide a proper offline installer in the next line that's not hidden in the woods. Easy to remove toolbars or additional software is annoying but accepted but crap like SWEET-PAGE is unswollowable...

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
screen.JPG  
Old 21.01.2014, 15:47
Juschi

Hello Andee,

the people here doesn't bother that. They know that very well. See how long the thread here is. They are telling the user since over one year the fairy story that they are sorry and that they "work on a solution". Forget it. They get paid that that happens what is described here in the thread. I am sorry for you because I was taken in by the adware too. I had to reinstall my complete windows.
Old 21.01.2014, 17:42
Ehrenmitglied

Quote:
They are telling the user since over one year the fairy story that they are sorry and that they "work on a solution". Forget it.
The solution is here http://board.jdownloader.org/showthr...ewpost&t=54725
Old 21.01.2014, 17:48
JD Manager

This is not a solution, but another step.

BTW: I recently installed some adware by accident myself and used this one to remove it: http://goo.gl/c3ofvd - it did a pretty good job

Last edited by coalado; 21.01.2014 at 18:01.
Old 21.01.2014, 23:21
Andee1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisbaer View Post
The solution is here **External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
Yes, testet it cause I'm not afraid. JD2-Beta-Webinstaller is clean but Webinstaller 0.9xx (whatever version it is) from THIS site is absolutely dirty. If it was harmless adware easy to remove - no problem - but if you're unlucky you REALLY may get annoying stuff on your PC that's not easy to remove and that's the main point...

Now there are both versions, 0.9 and 2.0-Beta installed an my PC. Important: No Mal- and/or adware. Still I find it unfair what is provided in the official download section because even for experts it may not be easy to remove installed crap without the aid of additional removal programs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juschi View Post
Hello Andee,
I had to reinstall my complete windows.
Gosh! That wouldn't have been necessary using adwCleaner and Malwarebytes, my friend. Hopefully it was a clean backup of a good system and not a really maiden windows x. LOL

Last edited by Andee1; 21.01.2014 at 23:28.
Old 22.01.2014, 00:26
redenegue

Well, I did an update, and it failed. Maybe it was JD maybe it was my machine.
So for now, no blame, just a program that will not run.
Tried to reinstall JD. Got trashed!
I have never had such a likeed up mess.
Took me hours to get rid of junk ware, adware, and it stole my file associations, and trashed Firefox.
I trusted you. Never again. And, unfortunately, because you hide links, I have a numbers of files to d/l and have no idea what the links are.
As much as I hate to think to do it, I need to try to completely uninstall and reinstall JD.
BUT, I need to know where you hide the links, so I can reinstall them, if I ever get this shit running again.

Any Help?

PS
Well, managed to reinstall JD and get my links back. (without your help)
Someone around here needs an attitude adjustment!
Maybe if you actually were friendly to your clients, they may like you!
Its even simple things like hiding links.
You don't need to do it, you just do it to be selfish.
Do you think we would not be loyal?
I have lost files in the past, because JD would not download them and I could not do it manually, lacking the link.
You had, likely, the best down loader available, but it is not worth using, if it destroys our computers!

After reading a number of posts, I have to make a statement to put all of this in context.
I used to be a Christian. I remember the stories about King Saul and King David.
Saul never committed any great sin, but he refused to admit his guilt and God condemned him. David committed murder and adultery, but he admitted his guilt, repented and God forgave him.

In case you miss the comparison, you will never be forgiven and you will be damned!

Managed to restore JD, but had to use an old version.
New Version seems to be incompatible with the old data.
Unfortunately, it updated.
Once again, it quit running after the update.
WTF did you do to it?
Going throught the same shit to restore my links!

BTW, no disclaimer invalidates gross negligence.
Talk to an attorney if your computer has been damaged due to attached programs, adware and such.

Found an old copy of JD and was able to restore links.
After running a while, the links refused to load, but now that I had links, I could save them.
D/Led JD2, loaded links back in, and wow, what a shock!
Took a while to find out how to move the links into the download window.
Link sources are completely missing now!
Not only that, the link providers are now only an icon!
More and more JD has hidden link sources.
Now, unless I am missing something in this new likeed up menu system, they are completely gone.
SOOO user friendly!
This is what happens when open source goes commercial.

I do not know if I will ever use this program again, but if I do, I have a suggestion for all of you.
Get Virtual Box. Install a minimal copy of your operating system, and install JD.
If it screws up your "Box" session, it is easy to delete it and restore, without harming your computer.

In fact, JD has made me so "gun shy" I will be evaluating everything in a "box" before setting it up in my main system. AND I will never run JD free in a system again!

BTW, recently found another left over piece of shit installed with JD.
That is another nice thing about running a box.
Sometimes it is difficult to distinguish between programs you want or need, with the trash.
In a box, you can run a very limited set of programs, so there is less to examine.
If you cannot navigate your operating system utilities, there are specific programs to help get rid of auto-starting programs.

Really a shame what JD has done to a really great program.
Now, I can only hope someone will take up the torch and give us a better alternative.

Last edited by redenegue; 30.01.2014 at 20:25. Reason: doppelpost
Old 24.01.2014, 07:11
Hmm888

I'm really horrified to hear this.

I have been running the same windows image for a few years now. It's time to restore the image because things are getting a little slow as it typically happens with a Windows machine. My original image did not contain JD; however since I first re-imaged a few years ago, I did do a fresh install of JD. Obviously, I will have to do this again, IF I go with JD.

However, based on all the spyware and adware that embeds itself during the installation process, that won't be happening.

? I dont see the developers of JD changing their ways any time soon. I obviously can't buy a premium file sharing membership, say, Ryushare for more than a month at a time because of the risk of spyware and my system getting messed up.

So what are the JD alternatives then?
Old 24.01.2014, 11:42
English Supporter

The alternative is in the download page as well, under "Other".
Old 24.01.2014, 18:53
flashxml

It seems that the new update is implemented in application only viruses,pay attention to the pictures

**External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Attention it seems that the virus is very much,
After 10 minutes this had happened,now I need to install the operating system from 0

All computer after installing Jdownloder 2 seems to have installed viruses everywhere.
Attached Thumbnails
adware.jpg   jdownloader 2 trojan win32 generic.jpg   fuul virus.jpg  

Last edited by Think3r; 26.01.2014 at 22:35. Reason: double post
Old 24.01.2014, 19:09
Community Manager

Merged similar threads.

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 24.01.2014, 19:37
Banned

This is an advertisement?

Spoiler:

_____
Edit:

If you download from a source such as warez with the additions of the "free-premium account", later modified installations are surprised that the detected malware applications.

Last edited by djmakinera; 24.01.2014 at 19:43.
Old 24.01.2014, 19:45
Community Manager

Not really.
You can remove it via advanced settings ->GraphicalUserInterfaceSettings: OSRSurvey

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 24.01.2014, 19:56
Banned

Removing malware, danger process, toolbars from the computer, cleaning harmful registry entries, and many more.

_**External links are only visible to Support Staff**(Official website)
Old 25.01.2014, 15:21
eyeball

I have donate in the past but today you give me a virus. I never use again this shit.
The world have to know that jdownloader is a MALWARE !!!! don't install!!!
Old 26.01.2014, 22:44
Community Manager & Admin (inaktiv)

Quote:
Hello Andee,
the people here doesn't bother that. They know that very well. See how long the thread here is. They are telling the user since over one year the fairy story that they are sorry and that they "work on a solution". Forget it. They get paid that that happens what is described here in the thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisbaer View Post
Now that was a slap in your face, right, Juschi?
Quote:
I am sorry for you because I was taken in by the adware too. I had to reinstall my complete windows.
Just because of some adware? I feel sorry for you, bro but you shouldn't have to reinstall Windows because of adware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashxml View Post
It seems that the new update is implemented in application only viruses,pay attention to the pictures
Spoiler:

Attention it seems that the virus is very much,
After 10 minutes this had happened,now I need to install the operating system from 0

All computer after installing Jdownloder 2 seems to have installed viruses everywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball View Post
I have donate in the past but today you give me a virus. I never use again this shit.
The world have to know that jdownloader is a MALWARE !!!! don't install!!!
"like" to every statement...in your screenshot it says "not-a-virus:Adware". It just warns that there is adware bundled with JD. That's nothing new.
@eyeball: "give you a virus"? Serious? Any proof? I hope you didn't just retell what flashxml just said.
Greetz

REGELN: Bugreports | RULES: Bugreports

Erste Schritte & Tutorials | Self Help Index | Read Me | JD 2 Beta - FAQ

Support Chat

Keep smiling, it's simple!

Last edited by Think3r; 26.01.2014 at 22:46.
Old 28.01.2014, 18:38
aairon

Unhappy JDownloader web installer won't get past ESET Security?

I never had this issue in the past with this exact version of ESET security but I now am getting at least three warnings about potentially unwanted applications.
This is not some free crap AV software and I trust it implicitly when it tells me there's something wrong or suspicious.
So I installed JDownloader on a VM to see what I would run into and found a bunch of changes it try's to make to home page, tool bar and search pages.
This is no issue for experienced users who know to always click advanced options but the folks I have recommend this to aren't that advanced and I made the mistake of telling them that JDownloader has no adware or junk ware so now I'm stuck with sorting out their machines to get them back to normal.
Is this something new? I'm always suspicious about any software that can't be downloaded without first downloading the so called "web installer" AKA adware installer, as most always try to install things other then just the actual software.
I understand the need to make money to support the cause but I think there comes a time when one has to ask one's self is it really worth it any more when we have to stoop to that level?:confused:

EDIT: I did find this post http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=52742 but unfortunately it is only for the not stable beta JDownloader 2 is there a link to download the actual stable version without all of the "junk" that comes with the web installer?

Last edited by aairon; 28.01.2014 at 18:51. Reason: Found more info.
Old 28.01.2014, 19:04
Spanish Supporter

Please try with this: http://installer.jdownloader.org/JDownloaderSetup.exe
This installer is on the signature of pspzockerscene.

Installer for Windows XP/Vista/Seven/Eight
|| JD2 x86 - x64 (Beta) ||

Installer for Mac
|| JD2 (Beta) ||

Installers for Linux
|| JD2 (Beta) x86 || <---> || JD2 (Beta) x64 ||

How to Create a Log
-» Click Here «-

¿Cómo crear un registro?
-» Click Aquí «-

Support Chat / Chat de Soporte
-» Click Here / Click Aquí «-

Old 28.01.2014, 19:19
aairon

Thank you very much for the quick response this will be of much use for the folks I know who aren't very computer literate, as I said I understand the need to support the project but I've been around long before there were 'forums' as such, it was all direct or BBS's when I started online in the 70's and before that we used 300 baud modems for direct text and small 8K or smaller file exchange. So I've seen many changes and it still saddens me when I see these(default addon's/system changes) things but I guess it comes with the times we live in now.
Once again thanks very much for the link I hope this helps others.:)
Old 02.02.2014, 06:08
Zetta Loader

Default How may I install JDownloader 2 without SWEET-PAGE !!!!

Hi
:huh:
I'm user from JDownloader since some years ago, I downloaded the last version from JDownloader 2, and when I install it, I discover all my browsers were attacked miserably by a thing CALLED SWEET PAGE !!!!
This is what I think about sweet page
First thing, this was installed in my computer WPM17.8.0.3297
What the hell !!!
I had to remove it, and the problem continue !
:outch:
And the problem continue because that c**p also modify the properties of every browser shortcut, so you have to open firefox, explorer and chrome as administrator... and modify the short cut by clicking in properties and removing all text about sweet-page
Seriously, this is dissappointing and frustrating.
I was 2 hours to remove this thing, and if there is no other way to install JDownloader without this thing, I would kick off JDownloader forever and move to other download manager...
So please, if someone here knows how to install it without the sweet-page thing, please, let me know.
I like JDownloader, but I cannot be removing viruses, spywares and configuring the PC 2 hours
I'm dissappointed
:offtopic:
Old 02.02.2014, 07:14
English Supporter

Read this: http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=54725
Old 02.02.2014, 07:44
Zetta Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony2long View Post
Read this: **External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
THANKS GOD !
Tony thank you very much for this.

I would like to convince the JDownloader creators to please, never add this spyware inside Jdownloader.
It is a wonderful program, and spyware like that, is a black spot in the reputation of the software.
Many things have spyware, even Java when you install it, but they allow you to uncheck the boxes for the spyware, so if I don't want the Ask toolbar, I won't install it... for JDownloader 2 should be the same.
Again thanks buddy.
Old 02.02.2014, 18:32
wongcc2006

try to use adblock plus
Old 02.02.2014, 19:13

mrmister, you shouldn't thank tony2long but the developers of JD. I will provide a statement, soon. The thread including the whole debate will be closed, then.
Greetz

Support Chat

Old 02.02.2014, 22:56

A few points for the avoidance of doubt:

1. The developers are really willing to find a solution for the adware problem. As proof I want to point out that adware has already been removed from the installer. Unfortunately, the former won't apply to the manufacturer of the installer bundle - InstallCore. That's why this controversy grinds on for so long. One cannot knock over an existing business modell, overnight. Everybody has to gain a living. Concerning the installation of unwanted adware, developers and community go along with each other - this shouldn't happen. I'm sorry to say that this situation won't change due to the development of JD2 and some other complications, soon.

2. The checkbox "Advanced" has to stay checked, otherwise all changes will be lost. If anything has been installed, though, we recommend removing the adware with the Junkware Removal Tool. Please be aware of the many agreements from users we receive whom haven't been installed adware. In addition, supporters and developers will help you in our Support Chat (with TeamViewer if requested).

3. There will definitely be a paid version of JD, in future. It's not just that it won't contain any adware but also some extra features. The price will be located between some cents and euros, depending on its reception.
What would you pay for a version with no adware, extra features and the support of the JD developers? Write to us via PN or email to support at jdownloader.org!

4. You find an adware-free installer for every operating system at this link. Please do not spread the download links! If any, please link to the post like I did.
Let's be honest: how many developers do such things for their community?

5. All that can be said, has been said. Everyone who comes across this post by using a search engine shall be referred to the rest of this thread. New threads concerning adware in JD will be closed.

We wish you all the very best!
Your JD staff

Last edited by Think3r; 25.05.2014 at 18:55.
Old 13.02.2014, 16:59
JoGary

Angry SweetPage in the windows JD installation

Hello,
because to insert malicious software during Windows installation as SweetPage... ask for some money !! I am very disappointed ...
The JD Linux installation is clean????
Many thanks for response

Ciao Nereo
Old 13.02.2014, 17:11
JoGary

Default Ask Money!!! not SweetPage....

ask for money! you charge to SweetPage?? Pomp Pomp Pomp
you lack the courage?
Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 13.02.2014, 17:49
Ehrenmitglied

Open your Eyes... look here http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=54725
Old 24.02.2014, 23:29
Wenegade

Default Jdownloader installing Browser hijacker "Sweet Page"

While installing Jdownloader today I DID select not to install the "extra" content.. it still did install the Browser hijacker "Sweet page" .. which to get rid of is not too easy.

I just registred to the forum to let you know how disappointed i am of you using a strategy like this to get adware/malware on peoples computers. I would not be surprised if it happens with crappy software noone needs... i always thought of jdownloader as being a quality program.

Thanks - Wenegade
Old 25.02.2014, 17:35
Community Manager

Hi
Please read the statement about this topic in our forum.
You willö also find adware-free installers there.
Keep in mind that, if you have problems remiving the adware, this might helps:
thisisudax.org/?p=1#comments

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 26.02.2014, 21:45

@wenegade and all others: http://board.jdownloader.org/showpos...&postcount=349
Greetz

Support Chat

Old 05.04.2014, 09:32
markst

Angry Adware from the finest

Why do you give me the option to uncheck crap and then I end up with with sweet-page.com as my homepage, it dug itself deep into the registry.

WTF?

If you need money then say so ffs.

I would pay for your software.

But now you are forcing such crap down my throat and introducing security risks into my system.

unbelievable.

pure greed, that's what it is.
Old 05.04.2014, 11:22
Ehrenmitglied

Use the Forum search, to the Topic.
Old 06.04.2014, 07:08
JD Legend

Really??? Are u guys serious? ur planning on coming out with a paid version?? wtf? I thought this was open source!.....and to bundle it or any version of JD2 with any adware/spyware is complete crap! I hate that shit, it just messes up ppls computers!

If u MUST have a paid version I hope its not a huge difference between versions. Im fairly happy with JD2 now as it stands (minus the current bugs)

PLEASE reconsider this bs paid version!
Old 06.04.2014, 16:07
Community Manager

Chill out...

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 07.04.2014, 06:37
JD English Support (inactive)

I know that this derives less revenue, but the default for installing "extras" should be No or there should be an "Install only JDownloader" button.