JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 05.06.2011, 05:52
marion

Default Can I Import Decrypted Links From Another Instance Of Jdownloader?

I live in a totalitarian state (CHina) where the authority blocks rapidshare and I'm a SJ fan. I work around the government firewall by using a proxy server and two instances of jdownloader at the same time, one with proxy, one without. I check the RS links in the proxied jdownloader first before I copy them into the unproxied one to download using a premium account. My proxy server is too slow for downloading.

Now my problem is, I use SJ a lot and they encrypted their links. The government firewall even blocks the keyword "rapidshare" in such a way that I have to use the proxied jdownloader to decrypt it, which means if I want to start downloading, I'll have to switch the proxy setting on and off. That I can deal with. The problem arises when I accidentally put the same download in both jdownloaders so they get downloaded twice, wasting time and bandwidth.

My question is, is there a way to combine the download links of two jdownloaders? Can I move them from one to another without just "copying" them?

Last edited by Jiaz; 05.06.2011 at 11:18.
Old 05.06.2011, 08:40
remi

Cool

That won't be easy except if you're willing to overwrite all the links in the second (non-proxy) instance. jD protects the encryption and you'll not be able to copy unprotected/decrypted links.

There are two basic ways to get those decrypted links into the other instance. Copying the \config folder or make a backup and extract that over the \config folder of the second (downloading) instance.

You need to close both instances before you do such operations. By copying the whole configuration/backup you also copy the proxy settings, so you need to remove them before you close jD-1.

A flexible system that allows you to chose the IP address for each operation (check/decrypt/download) would be the perfect solution for you, but jD isn't there yet.

Since all this copying/extracting is time expensive I would work with bigger batches of links that I keep temporarily in a text file. An alternative is to alternate between both instances, but you'll always have to restart jD when you want to change the IP address.

Don't hesitate to ask further questions, because this is the first time I get such a question. There might be other ideas coming from other people.

EDIT: I think the best solution would be that RS supports SSL link checking.

Last edited by remi; 05.06.2011 at 08:43.
Old 05.06.2011, 10:59
marion

Thank you! If there is no immediate solution, please don't spend much time on this. It's a minor inconvience. I could sort the links by "filename" and check whether I got anything double by hand. I'm just a bit lazy and there are over 6000 links in each of my jdownloaders so checking is a bit of a chore. I really miss 2 weeks ago before the stupid government started to censor rapidshare. Well, there are always VPN services those bastards haven't got to yet.
Old 05.06.2011, 11:33
remi

I was just thinking again about this issue.

Why don't you keep one instance for checking links and one for downloading? In the checking instance you keep your links disabled. If you want to recheck them just enable them for a few seconds.

The disadvantage is that if you want to keep both queues synchronised you'll need to conduct all changes to the download queue twice.
Old 05.06.2011, 13:38
marion

I don't know if you're familiar with SJ and Dokujunkies or not. They are both major German downloading sites with many, many goodies. But you need to key in captchas to decrypt their links and they have limit on the number of captchas, something like 30 every 2 hours or thereabouts. I can never be sure. Anyway, it's a time consuming process to get their links. Usually 30 packages takes me about 20 minutes to half an hour, using jdownloader. It takes longer if I click on each and every link in those packages to get the real RS address that I can copy and paste at will. So basically, I need the proxied jdownloader to decrypt those links and check whether they still work.

There are low-tech workaround for my problem, like I can compare the links by hand or since RS is limitless now, I can delete the duplicates when they are downloaded, or I can get each real RS link individually, or I can use a fast VPN. I think I'm going to use VPN 24x7 from now on. It sucks because then my connection to websites inside China will be slow like a cow. Man, I hate the stupid Chinese government. Now they annoyed me enough so that I'll consider joining in the next wave of effort to overthrow them.

Thanks again for your help. Sorry for the unrelated ranting.

Last edited by marion; 05.06.2011 at 13:43.
Old 05.06.2011, 14:35
remi

Cool

The ranting is 100% justified and related to the subject of your difficulties and the problems you're experiencing with jD and communication in general. That you're expressing these feelings is a first step. The next steps will be to convince all the people you relate to, including older people belonging to the middle class. I'll explain why this is necessary.

Overthrowing power elites isn't possible. You'll simply replace/transform them into other power elites that'll be as criminal and hypocrite as the former versions.

This overthrowing process is already going on for thousands of years and nothing has changed, to the contrary. Dictatorships (at school called governments) are getting more and more control over their citizens. Electronic ID cards, cameras, echelon spying, holes in Skipe to enable the CIA to listen, wire tapping, Gogol, Faecesbook, anti-terrorism laws, etc.; the possibilities for control are endless in this electronic era. Super computers do the parsing of sentences and matching of the keywords. How are they able to create this spying/control at such vast scales? Dictatorships know that they can control their populations by creating a climate of fear. Pearl Harbour and 9/11 are perfect examples of how they do that. Patriot Acts now exist in most countries. Deportation of people, secret prisons, and torture are now common practices. The killing of enemies without trial and bombardments of defenceless people are commonly respected and applauded.

The only way to change a society is to create awareness among the majority of the population. Don't forget that power elites are always supported by many loyal, dependent collaborators. They're dependent slaves, sucking woman's breasts, who can't imagine a free world of independently thinking people. This category of people is sometimes called the tax paying, middle class. They live in an illusionary world, often indoctrinated in schools and further shaped by the propaganda media. They're convinced they get more services from their government than they pay (taxes). Of course they don't take into account the gigantic bureaucratic waste and the corruption money that goes to the power elites to 'fortify' them.

As long as this class of complete idiots outnumbers those of the lower classes, mostly the young and the poorest people, the power elites will stay.
Old 06.06.2011, 09:54
remi

See also the magnificent news in "Rapidshare Link checker Issue" as Jiaz is going to try to develop an SSL link checker for RS.
Old 22.07.2011, 02:35
BUFU1610

Talking

Hey!
I had the same problem (technically, I live in Germany, so I don't have too many problems with censorship...) and the config/backup-dir-copying advice was gold for me!!!
So I decided to register and say a quick thanks!

(My problem was just how comfortable it is to type in captchas on my netbook compared to the annoyance of my desktop pc which hasnt got a good connection to its keyboard since my couch is pretty far away from my pc... so, nothing compared to the problems mentioned above ^^
nevertheless I am very grateful for the tip)
Old 26.07.2011, 09:53
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUFU1610 View Post
the annoyance of my desktop pc which hasnt got a good connection to its keyboard since my couch is pretty far away from my pc...
How do you read your screen? Do you use a telescope?