JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 04.03.2011, 08:11
BugMeNot Account

Default JD RemoteControl listens on ALL interfaces?

Hello there,

I tried today the JD RemoteControl and it seems it listens to all interfaces rather that to localhost only (I read in some posts that the default behaviour is to listen on 127.0.0.1 only).

Is this a bug or an undocumented feature?

I looked for an option to configure it but it seems that the only configuration option is the port.

Could someone please point me how to configure it to only listen to localhost / 127.0.0.1 IP only?

I know I could achieve this through the firewall configuration but that seems quite a bit of work since it would mean to configure javaw which is also used by other apps.

I first thought that it's a fault of some routes I had (using ICS) but I did a remote portscan and the RemoteControl port was open.

Cheers and thanks in advance.

JD version: 0.9.581 (I use portable version auto-updated from a long time ago)

JD remotecontrol version: 9568

OS is WinXP SP3 patched.

[edit]

This seems to be the line from
Code:
netstat -an
that shows JD RemoteControl listening on all interfaces:

Code:
TCP    0.0.0.0:10025          0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING
Other info: pppoe connection with dynamic IP

Last edited by Jiaz; 18.03.2011 at 13:01.
Old 18.03.2011, 07:25
BugMeNot Account

No response to this until now? It seems like a really serious bug if the server listen to all interfaces rather than on localhost only taking into account that no auth method is implemented...

sorry for the [ bump ]
Old 18.03.2011, 12:32
JD Legend

there is no option to configure it. you say that it's a serious bug but why is this so serious? Anyways I will try to build in an option for that. Auth method is planned.

Also we are working an a new Remote API

-------------------------------------------

Besucht meinen Entwicklerblog: mike-bonn.de
Old 19.03.2011, 12:36
JD Legend

I build in an option to only run that addon on localhost yesterday (it's an checkbox in the options) but before I make these changes public I want to add an auth method (htaccess, like the webinterface has). The auth method was already on my todo-list

note: these changes will only affect the nightly branch while there is no update for the public branch

-------------------------------------------

Besucht meinen Entwicklerblog: mike-bonn.de

Last edited by vivalostioz; 19.03.2011 at 12:38.
Old 19.03.2011, 19:53
BugMeNot Account

Glad to hear it. Now, Ill just have to figure out how to get the nightly build of the plugin.

SOmething like in this link? http://jdownloader.org/knowledge/wik...te-jdownloader

Another suggestion here: I think the changed / patched version should be pushed in the stable version too and with the option to listen only on localhost as the default one.

Cheers.

Last edited by buggsy; 19.03.2011 at 20:09.
Old 20.03.2011, 04:38
JD English Support (inactive)

The remote control patches cannot be applied to the Stable version. The core of JDownloader has changed too much.

To get the Nightly build of the plugin, just start JDownloader by using <JDownloader>\windows_ALPHA.bat (for Windows. Ask me about *nix).

One generally does not need the remote control or Web interface on localhost, unless one is using these interfaces inside other programs (other than browsers).
Old 20.03.2011, 08:23
BugMeNot Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
The remote control patches cannot be applied to the Stable version. The core of JDownloader has changed too much.
Got it. That's unfortunate though, having an open service with no auth method and no self-implemented option to control who can access it is a serious exploiting vector IMO.
For linux the issue would be easy to control since a simple firewall rule can be used but for winblowz it's a pain if no additional firewall software is used.

Quote:
To get the Nightly build of the plugin, just start JDownloader by using <JDownloader>\windows_ALPHA.bat (for Windows. Ask me about *nix).
I do not have that .bat file since I use the portable version which was updated from the former version(s) (do not remember exactly which was it.
Nevertheless, I noticed a BETA.exe in the latest zip archive but I would like to backup my working space before trying that one.
Didn't notice a .sh for the *nix version inside the archive either so could you confirm please if the command line from the previous link regarding the translation is the right one.

Quote:
One generally does not need the remote control or Web interface on localhost, unless one is using these interfaces inside other programs (other than browsers).
That's it exactly why I need it: I want to use it with an xbmc plugin.

Cheers and thanks.