JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 12.12.2018, 04:43
JD Alpha

Lightbulb Few link grabber enchantments?

Another idea/question came to my mind about a link grabber, after I was using it a lot with my poor connection here. I'm only using it for youtube playlist.
Beside that as I wrote in other topic, sometimes I need the whole night to add some big playlist I also have to count on my lack that my connection won't be disconnected during that time, because otherwise link grabber will stop it's work.

Is it possible to somehow implement some option that in such case the link grabber just pauses and waits for reconnection?

Also could it be possible to add a functionality of saving the progres of certain link grabbing, so that I can continue adding links, whenever I want/after JDownloader restart?

And can't there be a link name/adres showing when I hoover the mouse over certain link grabber icon while it's working, so that I know which link is still running?

Thanks
Old 13.12.2018, 00:30
Community Manager

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis89 View Post
Another idea/question came to my mind about a link grabber, after I was using it a lot with my poor connection here. I'm only using it for youtube playlist.
Beside that as I wrote in other topic, sometimes I need the whole night to add some big playlist I also have to count on my lack that my connection won't be disconnected during that time, because otherwise link grabber will stop it's work.

Is it possible to somehow implement some option that in such case the link grabber just pauses and waits for reconnection?
The way our system works this is not easily possible.
Also it depends on what you add.
If you add e.g. huge pinterest galleries there is no way this will work.
If you add content for which the URLs as such are crawled very fast e.g. a folder of a cloud or a filehost, you could try to disable the linkcheck to simply get the URLs in the linkgrabber quicker.
Once you start the download, links will be checked before downloadstart again.

This is how you can try the setting:
Settings --> Advanced Settings --> "LinkCollector: do link check" --> Disable
You will have to restart JDownloader afterwards.
Keep in mind that in general it is not a good idea to disable this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis89 View Post
And can't there be a link name/adres showing when I hoover the mouse over certain link grabber icon while it's working, so that I know which link is still running?
We had a progressbar back then but it was often unnerving to the users as a lof of processes can happen at the same time which is why now you only see "working" or "not working" and if you cancel it, you cancel all processes.

So the answer is no.

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?