JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 15.05.2019, 21:01
Lowrider0

Default Jdownloader keeps crashing/freezing system on Raspberry Pi 3b+

Hello,
I installed jdownloader on my Raspberry Pi 3b+ after this tutorial (last part):
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Everything works and i can connect via myjdownloader but when I start downloading, the system freezes after some minutes, sonetimes 2 minutes, sometimes after 30 minutes. The LEDs on the Raspberry remain lit and it disconnects from the network.
I expected a thermal problem but the core temp never exceeded 55°C before it freezed again.

The Pi runs on OMV4. Before i tried it with docker but the same outcome.
What could be the problem?
Old 16.05.2019, 00:06
DSL Light User

Me too. The load average rises over 15.

Login to the RPi over SSH/Putty as user pi. Wait till RPi freeze. Is the RPi still responding?

what happens when you write
Code:
ps -ef | grep java
If you get a respons you can kill the "java" and then you have access to your RPi.

Last edited by barkle; 16.05.2019 at 00:09.
Old 16.05.2019, 01:27
Lowrider0

No, it doesn't respond. The connection is killed and I cant reconnect. Both LEDs are constantly lit and i have to plug the power cord off and back in.
Old 16.05.2019, 10:31
JD Manager

As I have several Rasperry/Odroid myself I can tell that a good power supply is required. Don't underestimate the *power* of a bad power supply and it's random freezes. I could solve ALL my freezes with better power supply and also had other users suffer freezes and also caused by bad power supply.
Old 16.05.2019, 14:44
Lowrider0

I will check that. How many amps should it deliver?
But the strange thing is that it only freezes while downloading, not when doing CRC-check or extracting.

Last edited by Lowrider0; 16.05.2019 at 14:47.
Old 16.05.2019, 14:51
JD Manager

Downloading -> CPU & WLAN/LAN & DISK(USB) at once, whereas CRC only CPU & DISK, so the power usage is much higher while downloading.
Would recommend at least 2.5A but often it's not about the stated power but the stability. All my power supply had 2-2.5A but I've learned to spend more than 5 euros on a power supply
Old 16.05.2019, 14:51
JD Manager

You could for example order 1-2 different ones and then send back in case it didn't help
Old 16.05.2019, 16:43
DSL Light User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
As I have several Rasperry/Odroid myself I can tell that a good power supply is required.
Reading this (sorry its in german) **External links are only visible to Support Staff**..., I think it may be a problem with the revision of my RPi, as it is an RPi 3 B.

Please mention that the supplyvoltage is not 5,0V but 5.1V. It's because of the resistance of the wire an the connection. For the RPi 3 B they silently raised the supplyvoltage to 5.2V. The matter is a new design with cheaper elements and for that an great drop of the supplyvoltage. Which lesads to an undervoltage of the system.

And no, my RPi gets a switching power supply with 5V 2A (no battery charger), which normaly will fit. And there is only a SD-Card and an ethernet-wire connected to the device. So the total amount current should not exceed the limit of 2A (330mA board / 60mA ethernet [RJ45]).
Old 16.05.2019, 16:55
JD Manager

I really would suggest to increase up to 2.5A
From german site
Quote:
Wenn man 2 A braucht, dann nimmt man also nie ein 2-A-Netzteil, sondern eine Stufe darüber. Mindestens 20 % bis 30 % mehr. Also mindestens 2,5 A. Besser mehr.
elektronik-kompendium.de/sites/raspberry-pi/1912111.htm

You should always choose power supply that is able to handle more than required.
Old 17.05.2019, 16:35
Lowrider0

2.5A Huawei charger didnt work, will try with lab power supply directly on GPIO and 5.1V. If it still crashes, its most likely not a power supply issue.
Old 18.05.2019, 01:06
Lowrider0

Same outcome with the BT-305 from Basetech. Output: 5.2V. Pretty sure it doesn't drop below 5V. I think i have a software problem here.
Are there any logs that could help find the problem?
Old 18.05.2019, 19:48
JD Manager

Did you check sd card for errors? eg with badblocks?
I would connect Monitor and tail kernel logs while doing experiments. What java version are you using? java -version
Also I would try to limit speed of cpu (eg power saving governor) or via other settings and check if lower speed may result in stable use
Old 19.12.2019, 09:50
DSL Light User

Sorry for the long delay, but I wanted to be sure.

I also had these crashes/freezes.

Since I changed the update from automatic to manuell no more crashes/freezes happend. Neither with high bandwith download nor with high load/temeprature. I think it is a problem with wiriting to the sd-card.