JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 22.02.2018, 15:24
Giga Loader

Default Drag Drop Link Into Linkgrabber Broken

Hi,

Been trying to figure out from previous thread but I couldn't find anything that would enable me to self-fix this so posting it here. I have recently reinstalled Windows and restored my backed up CFG folder. However I'm unable to drag a link from the browser and drop it into JD. I've installed and reinstalled Java several times in hopes that it would fix it, but as aforementioned I just don't know enough of what JD relies on to parse the browser-to-JD linkgrabbing stuff. I have the latest JD build right now.
Old 22.02.2018, 16:49
JD Manager

Can you provide example links? Explain what to drag/drop.
Also check Settings-Advanced Settings-GraphicalUserInterfaceSettings.clipboardmonitorprocesshtmlflavor
Old 22.02.2018, 18:17
Giga Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Also check Settings-Advanced Settings-GraphicalUserInterfaceSettings.clipboardmonitorprocesshtmlflavor
It's completely ignoring what kind of links. E.g. **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** or a YouTube video or even an image. Anything I drag onto the JD window, the cursor for something unavailable comes. I can't figure out what it is. I'm using ESET AV, tried disabling any web shields but it remains the same. Anything to do with firewall? Windows Defender?
Old 22.02.2018, 18:18
Giga Loader

Quote:
Sorry for double post as I cannot see my reply after I posted it (pending approval). Forgot to mention that the setting is enabled as it should be.

EDIT: Strange, I can see this reply fine :S

Anyway, doesn't matter what link it is. It could be this forum post's link or a video or an ebook **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** but all of them have the cursor change to unavailable if I drag the link to JD.
Old 22.02.2018, 18:34
JD Manager

What browser do you use? The browser must support html flavors.
Works perfectly fine for me.
Maybe we can do a Teamviewer session? Contact us via support@jdownloader.org
You can reach us Mo-Fr from 9-17 o'clock, GMT+1, Germany
Old 23.02.2018, 05:39
Giga Loader

I use Waterfox (Firefox fork). No issues with it because I've been using it for a long time now. It's just Firefox but retains legacy features that Quantum made redundant.

I've tried reinstalling it but I'm getting a very weird error even after taking ownership of the folder: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

This is even after disabling AV.
Old 23.02.2018, 06:22
Giga Loader

Dear Lord, I'm so stupid.

While I was checking if permissions were correct, I kept checking JD-related things. I completely missed out that my browser was never running as Admin. Once I did that, links can then be added.

The tragedy is that while I was setting up backups, I got interrupted for a while by something urgent and when I got back to backing up my download list, I accidentally deleted the source before I pasted into the backup directory. So I've lost the latest download list. I tried recovering with Recuva within minutes and it did it but the files are damaged. Curses!

Does the backup file generated from within JD restore the lists? Or was CFG folder the one and only hope?

Also, please help me understand the error mentioned previously about the permissions of the temp folder. I can access, I can launch JD's installer from there, yet JD itself can't do it, throwing that error. Windows' answers hub is absolutely pointless for anything at all, so I would really appreciate if you can help me with that. I have never encountered that error before, all those times I've installed JD or anything else really.

Finally, there is another weird bug I'm facing, should prolly post new topic, but my JD acts like it's on silent mode around 50-60% of the time. It's very strange. Before captchas would ALWAYS pop up in front of me (per my settings), but now it only happens half the time and the rest of the time it's just under the other windows and the icon glows.

Last edited by serrato; 23.02.2018 at 09:33.
Old 23.02.2018, 10:27
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, you can easily forget about different user context

About installation, please try the adware free installer, http://jdownloader.org/jdownloader2
In case this one doesn't work for you, please contact us via support@jdownloader.org

JDownloader installs itself into %AppData% by default. Don't understand your problem with installing into temp/launching from temp? Why from temp?

Window focus might be influenced by different users. The logged in(session) user is the same that runs JDownloader? Can you reproduce the issue? Maybe you've changed settings to focus only when JDownloader window has focus. Check Settings-User Interface, at the bottom

==============================================
Backup. Everything is stored within the cfg folder. In case JDownloader encounters issues while loading lists it will auto create a .backup file of this for manual restore/rescue. Do you have a backup file available?
Old 23.02.2018, 10:59
Giga Loader

It installs fine into %AppData%, but while installing it downloads the installer files into Local->Temp folder. From there when it launches the installation it can't access. But if i manually go in and launch, no issues.

Yeah logged in user is same. This issue started very randomly before my reinstall of Windows. So it's extra weird that after fresh install of everything, it's still persistent.

Settings in UI settings are as I've set: Show new Dialogs in front of all windows and focused.

So that's really what's baffling - it should either never work or always work, but sometimes working and sometimes not working is strange.
Old 23.02.2018, 11:11
JD Manager

Very likely to be blocked by Firewall/Av. did you try out the adware free installer that I've linked?

Maybe some other open applications cause the issue. Try to reproduce the focus issue with nothing else than JDownloader
Old 23.02.2018, 12:16
Giga Loader

I've used those before but I think they got infected and had to remove them before the reinstall. I'll try once more.

With the captcha popups, it's really tricky and I'm trying to wrap my head around how to deal with it or reproduce it. To begin with, should I just try and reset everything? I restored the whole CFG folder, so should now try only copy-pasting the list zipfiles so that settings remain default? Is there a full in-built way to reset? Only saw for a couple of things, not the entire JD.

UPDATE: After some relatively simple testing (setting pop up settings to Show new Dialogs in front of all windows - NOT focused), the pop ups come properly. If I set it to "and focused" then it plays the 50/50 game of sometimes working, sometimes not.

Last edited by serrato; 23.02.2018 at 15:11.
Old 23.02.2018, 19:00
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback. So with *and focused* settings you can reproduce the issue , right?

In cfg folder, you can only restore the downloadlist/linkcollector zips for the lists and the Accounts.ejs for the accounts.
Old 24.02.2018, 05:00
Giga Loader

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. So with *and focused* settings you can reproduce the issue , right?
Yep.
Old 26.02.2018, 10:24
JD Manager