JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 04.09.2009, 00:51
japonfeudal

Unhappy Speed is not constant in 0.8.324

First of all, please excuse me if this has been already asked, but I searched this and found nothing, so that's why I decided to open this new thread.

Well, since I've installed the latest version (0.8.324) the RS speeds are not constant (By the way, I'm a RS premium user).... the limit of my internet connection is about 260kb/sec and in previous versions the speed of the downloads were constant.... between 250 and 260. Now with the new version, the speeds starts in 200 then drops to 10 then goes up to 100 then drops again to 60, then again up to 120 and so on and so forth....

I was wondering if this was probably caused by my internet connection, so I downloaded a couple of files with Firefox and there the speed is constant, never drops above 250kb/sec. Also downloaded a couple of torrents and the speed was working like a charm.

So I want to know if this is some kind of bug of the new version? And if it is, any chance to get a fix soon? Well, that's a lot thanks a lot for your time, and thanks for this wonderful, wonderful software which has made my downloads so much easier than before.

Last edited by Jiaz; 04.09.2009 at 01:26.
Old 04.09.2009, 01:26
JD Manager

what firewall/virusscaner?
free/premium? chunks? host?

logfile?

can you post a screenshot of the taskmanager and its netgraph while downloading in firefox and in jd
Old 04.09.2009, 03:50
thinhvy

This latest version works perfectly for me,Have not seen any error yet,Thanks
Old 04.09.2009, 04:03
japonfeudal

Cool

Hello Jiaz thanks for answer. I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security 8.0 with Firewall deactivated in order to avoid problems with downloads. I'm Rapidshare premium user for most than two years and using the JDownloader for I don't know, maybe 6 or 7 months with no issues at all.

I've included the screenshot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jd01.jpg (32.4 KB, 427 views)
Old 04.09.2009, 14:42
JD Manager

you have to setup kaspersky correct (disabling firewall will not help)
pls add java.exe and javaw.exe to its exclude list and enable every exclusion.

also post a screenshot of windows taskmanager that shows the netgraph while downloading
Old 04.09.2009, 15:33
JD Addict

I'm having the same problem.... i'm only getting 1-10 KB/s when it should be around 50-100 KB.

before I had this problem... my max con. is 2, I have the latest Java RE and everything works fine.... then all of a sudden my speed was stuck at 1-10 KB.

So I tried downloading using IDM and my speed is reaching 100+ KB. that means my internet connection is fine.

I already exlude javaw.exe, java.exe and put jdownloader.exe to trusted application. I'm also using Kaspersky Internet Security.

A while ago I installed the new version which is 8.324 and still my speed is stuck at around 10 KB.
So I decided to uninstall Java RE, delete all Java entries in my registry and did a registry clean... then re-installed everything again.

When I tested it my download speed still the same... so I increase the max connection to 15 (my max con. in IDM is set to 16) then I noticed my download speed had dramatically increased... this is weird because before my max con. is only set to 2 and I had no problems with my download speed. if I set the max con. to 2 my speed again is stuck at around 10 KB.

Now the problem is if I set the max con. to 15 when my download reaches completion I get disconnection error repeatedly until the file gets corrupted and the status says "you dont have permission to write to hard disk"

This is not the first time I had this problem... before even in the old version of jDownloader except the version 0.4 I guess, I already had this speed problem...

I don't know if the problem has something to do with JAVA because when I downloaded a trial app. in Adobe.com and used their JAVA download manager I had exactly the same problem, my download speed is stuck at around 10 KB.

btw, Jiaz, about the max con. the default is set to 2 If I set it to let say 15 it becomes permanent for that particular package I'm downloading and I can not I change it anymore... If I change the max con. it will only affect the recent package but not the previous one... It's like I can only set it once and it's permanent.

[Edit]

Max Con. set to 2

Max Con. set to 15

Before even my max con. is only set to 2 my download speed is around 50-100 KB.

:(

Last edited by lightwave3d; 04.09.2009 at 17:19.
Old 05.09.2009, 05:02
JD Addict

max con. 8 still getting connection error, my download speed reach 50-100 KB. but if I set max con. to 2 it's stuck at around 10-20 KB. :(

logfile:
Attached Files
File Type: zip max con. 8.zip (10.6 KB, 434 views)
Old 05.09.2009, 06:28
japonfeudal

hello again, Jiaz the apps you metioned are already in the list of exclusions in Kaspersky. Now, excuse my ignorance but I don't understand what is the other screenshot you ask me to post, the one of the netgraph thing....
Old 09.09.2009, 05:47
Dice

Yeah same here i normally get a 720 Kb/s and i am using a RS premium account and latly all my downloads have started being at 32 kb/s

here is my normal rate of download speed always

Last edited by Dice; 09.09.2009 at 06:02.
Old 09.09.2009, 10:19
rkaye

I am curious how many of you that have the variable speed in rapidshare problem have the following setting checked off (in rapidshare premium):
[x] Direct downloads, requested files are saved without redirection via RapidShare

might want to stop JD, toggle that setting, and then restart and see if the variable speed issue continues...

I had the variable speed problem too -- was downloading at 2kb/s-10kb/s instead of 18mb/s, and this toggle fixed it for awhile. Since adding one to the Max Dls box brought the download speed back to max, I wonder if we should request a feature be added to JD to:

[ x ] Kill connections with speeds less than [xx] kb/s.

Last edited by rkaye; 09.09.2009 at 10:27. Reason: Added sexiness
Old 14.09.2009, 01:19
Frost

Default Quazi Solution

well now i have been picking at this varying speed problem and the best solution i came up was this: "Limit your speed and the download becomes constant".
Now i would like to ask why is my speed so inconstant, i am from Serbia and i think that's the main problem, i have 1Mb/s package which downloads at 108kb/s max. Sooooooo..... any solutions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Speed3.jpg (95.3 KB, 372 views)
Old 23.09.2009, 23:25
Locutus01

Same problem here:
Rapidshare free user

When i set the speed to 0 i get a constant but slow speed ~52kb/s. Changing to a limit speed of 200kb/s the downloadspeed is cycling between 30 - 80 kb/s.