JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 06.10.2018, 14:47
Tarkov

Default Younow

This morning I updated jdownloader and younow downloads status all went to HLS server error -stream might be offline. Right before the update they had been working.
Old 06.10.2018, 17:01
JD Manager

Works fine here. Please provide example links and logs, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs
Create log after error has happened and post shown logID here.

Do you use Windows XP/Vista?
Old 06.10.2018, 17:52
Tarkov

I figured I would address the Xp/vista first as it was the culprit last time. I do on one of my old download machines as that is all it does is run jdownload and hold files.
Old 06.10.2018, 18:27
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback. Just extract working ffmpeg somewhere else so it won't be overwritten when we update ffmpeg again. Just update the paths to ffmpeg/ffprobe in Settings-Advanced Settings-search for ffprobe and ffmpeg
Old 06.10.2018, 20:35
Tarkov

Thank you for the help. I must be missing something else. In advanced settings I have redirected both the path for ffprobe and ffmpeg to the previously downloaded and working XP files. I am still receiving the "HLS Server error -stream might be offline" for any that I try.
Old 06.10.2018, 22:54
JD Manager

Please provide logs and example links, see my 2nd post in this thread
Old 07.10.2018, 01:33
Tarkov

I assume in this case the correct log would be

06.10.18 19.26.25 <--> 06.10.18 19.34.27 jdlog://7262464433151/

and the contents of
younow.com_jd.plugins.hoster.YounowCom.log.0
Old 07.10.2018, 16:20
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you use Windows XP/Vista?
You're using WindowsXP and I guess you have not setup working binaries for ffmpeg AND ffprobe because log shows that ffprobe failed.
see
https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...3&postcount=81
You've got to setup Settings-Advanced Settings-search for ffmpeg and ffprobe
the full path. Do not overwrite the existing binaries installed by JDownloader else you will have same issue again with next ffmpeg update
Old 07.10.2018, 22:51
Tarkov

Is there anyway to force a refresh or reload of the used files besides changing the file paths in advanced settings? I have did that already as shown in the attached screenshot. Before the log I had created a separate folder and moved the previously working ffmpeg and ffprob from the downloaded ffmpeg-4.0-win32-static into it and pointed jdownloader at the new location of each in settings. I am still receiving HLS Server error -stream might be offline.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0320.JPG  
Old 07.10.2018, 22:59
Tarkov

Ok I have solved the issue but still do not know the cause. Instead of the previously used 43Mb ish files (each) I used the ffmpeg and ffprobe that was shared by
radicalchic
at
rwijnsma.home.xs4all.nl/files/ffmpeg/ffmpeg-N-89661-ge45f7bc-win32-static_legacy.7z
and that fixed the issue. Unsure as to why the old larger legacy ffmpeg and ffprobe that was the previous fix for XP users doesn't work and those do but that seems to be the case.
Old 08.10.2018, 08:58
JD Manager

Important: do NOT overwrite the existing ffmpeg/ffprobe but extract the working ones to a different place so they won't be overwritten by next ffmpeg update. Then update advanced settings to match new paths
Old 08.10.2018, 08:59
JD Manager

Glad to hear that you finally could fix it by yourself!
Old 08.10.2018, 20:14
Tarkov

By no means by myself as I didn't even know that ffmpeg abd ffprobe were the the root causes again. Likewise I didn't know the need for the change of the directory settings in advanced setting. All I was able to surmise was that given I had already did all of the above per your instructions something must still be going on with ffmpeg and ffprobe as per your examination of the logs you pointed out that ffmpeg still wasn't working (again all you.)

So what was the reason that jdownloader wasn't playing friendly with the other old XP versions of ffmpeg and ffprobe? I still have no clue. I had already changed out the executables and pointed advanced settings to a new directory per your instructions but something about the two 43mb versions of ffmpeg and ffprobe doesn't work any longer. Why the smaller two versions with dependencies work and the larger doesn't? No clue.

So again thank you and all the credit goes to you as all I did was try a different version of XP friendly ffmpeg and ffprobe and you did all the heavy lifting. Thank you again sir for the help and an excellent program.
Old 08.10.2018, 20:32
JD Manager

We've updated ffmpeg to never version and ffmpeg has dropped support for Windows XP/Vista and that's why the never versions no longer run on those old OS. Maybe there is a *friendly* coder still providing XP/Vista compatible versions of ffmpeg but older ones still do fine as long as you don't require newer features/codecs/containers. That's the reason why I suggest to install the older/working ffmpeg outside the default location so in case we update ffmpeg again, your running version won't be touched and you don't have to struggle again with them
Old 09.10.2018, 03:36
Tarkov

A miscommunication I believe.
1. I updated and that caused the issues yes but even with all the listed fixes that didn't cause the issue to go away because there was also an issue with the old versions of XP compatible ffmpeg and ffprobe.
2. I redirected to the same old XP executables from the first time I had this issue per your instructions in a new folder.
3. However that didn't work. Ie the version that wasn't working was an old XP version. The 43 MB versions I had used before to fix an update issue.
4. So the problem that I was saying that what kept your fix from immediately working is for some reason the two 43Mb each version of ffmpeg and ffprobe that previously were the solution no longer fixed the problem. They actually caused the same status as the current versions.

So in the end why does one set of the small old XP executables work versus the old larger set of XP ffmpeg and ffprobe? Can't say.

So ffmpeg-4.0-win32-static didn't work and ffmpeg-N-89661-ge45f7bc-win32-shared_legacy.7z did work.
Old 09.10.2018, 17:18
JD Manager

ffmpeg4.0 is too new and won't work on xp/vista unless especially backported to support those old os. the other one is much older and should still work on xp/vista.

so it's working fine again for you?