JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 23.05.2021, 17:30
Black Hole

Default Mediafire downloads slower, with JD

It is a problem that I thought it was hard disk related at first, but now I discovered that it isn´t

I have just realized that downloading from mediafire with JD, is slower than downloading it with other programs, like FREE DOWNLOAD MANAGER.

I tried these 2 links for example, and downloaded them with JD and FDM, each one configured to download 11 chunks at a time.

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

With JD, I only get speeds between 6-16 MB/s

With FMA, I get speeds between 22-32 MB/S

I assume then, that this happens with any other mediafire link as well.

Sadly, I am unable to test the straight HTTPS links with JD, due to the program now detects them as ordinary Mediafire links.
Old 23.05.2021, 17:45
JD Manager

I get same speed for single connection with Browser and JDownloader, about max 950-1000kb/s.
With 11 connections I get about 10-12Mb/s
Please check/confirm shown speed with help of Taskmanager and use the network graph. Shown speed might use different "average" calculations.

Are you downloading as free or premium user?
You can test direct https links by adding direct h t t p:// in front of the direct URL (remove the spaces)
Old 23.05.2021, 18:02
Black Hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
I get same speed for single connection with Browser and JDownloader, about max 950-1000kb/s.
Please check/confirm shown speed with help of Taskmanager and use the network graph. Shown speed might use different "average" calculations.

Are you downloading as free or premium user?
You can test direct https links by adding direct h t t p:// in front of the direct URL (remove the spaces)

Mediafire has no speed limits either for free or pro/business users. The limits are applied in other features.

And no, in case of Mediafire, the https links (which come from that site, the ones you get if you copy the url linked to the download button), are detected as ordinary Mediafire links

What I mean is that for JD, this

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Is equal to this

That is something that JD did not use to do, in the past.

Last edited by baronluigi; 23.05.2021 at 18:41.
Old 24.05.2021, 17:48
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by baronluigi View Post
And no, in case of Mediafire, the https links (which come from that site, the ones you get if you copy the url linked to the download button), are detected as ordinary Mediafire links
Please see

Quote:
Old 24.05.2021, 17:49
JD Manager

Quote:
Any freedback on this?
Old 04.06.2021, 16:42
Black Hole

Sorry for the delay. I have just changed my ISP and hired a new 1 Gbit optic fiber internet service.

How do I do what you say? Because I cannot find the option in JDOWNLOADER.
Old 04.06.2021, 17:27
JD Manager

You can test the same link in browser by just appending
Quote:
d i r e c t h t t p://
in front of URL. (remove the spaces)
And also compare the speed shown in windows taskmanager/network graph. I was unable to reproduce any difference between JD and browser/other tool
Old 29.06.2021, 01:47
Black Hole

Quote:
You can test the same link in browser by just appending

in front of URL. (remove the spaces)
And also compare the speed shown in windows taskmanager/network graph. I was unable to reproduce any difference between JD and browser/other tool
I think I managed to find out, what the problem is.

Mediafire allows accesing to links, through HTTP and HTTPS mode. The download from the latter, is faster than downloading a file through a HTTP link.

While decrypting the links from a folder, JDOWNLOADER gets http links instead of the HTTPS ones, and thus, it downloads them at a slower speed.

I have tested this, downloading 5 files at a time, with 15 chunks each. The HTTP links got me a speed that sums up up to 45 MB/S, while a get speeds between 53-57-63 MB/s, through the HTTPS ones.

Still quite far from the speed I should get, considering my internet connection, although I think that this would be a limit of my Hard Disk.

Last edited by baronluigi; 29.06.2021 at 02:11.
Old 29.06.2021, 13:34
Community Manager

I wasn't able to find any differences either (but my Internet is so slow - I can't max it out like you can).

Also in the case of mediafire.com, JD always gets the final download-URLs via https.

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 29.06.2021, 13:55
JD Manager

@baronluigi: To me this sounds like typical firewall/av caused issue. technical http should be faster than https because https has encryption overhead in bandwidth and cpu usage.
Also the final download URLs are https for JDownloader, at least for free download. I could not test premium due to lack of an account.

Are you downloading without any account or with free/premium account?
Old 13.07.2021, 02:51
Black Hole

Sorry for taking me so long to answer.

To be honest, I think that it can be something related to both things.

I tested downloading 6 files at a time with several chunks each, in 2 different ways:

- Just by automatically grabbing the links with jdownloader
- Or accessing to each page, grabbing the https link that the site generates and pasting it to jdownloader.

At the same time, I configured my firewall to give absolute freedom to JDOWNLOADER.

The results are way better in the second way (just pasting the https link one by one, and downloading all of them at the same time). I was able to download at fast speeds as 78 MB/S for several seconds.
Old 13.07.2021, 11:24
JD Manager

Can you please provide a debug log for both tries?
Enable Settings->Advanced Settings->Log.debugmodeenabled and restart JDownloader
then do test downloads with both ways and create log, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs
and post the shown logID.

I'm still unable to reproduce any speed difference and still think this is somehow connected to your setup/system

I can also offer a Teamviewer session, so we can take a look at this together. Just contact me via support@jdownloader.org
Old 13.07.2021, 12:47
Community Manager

Are you a mediafire poweruser?
E.g. how much data are you downloading from MF per day?

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 13.07.2021, 16:18
Black Hole

As i previously mentioned, Mediafire (in theory) does not have any download caps for free users.

Anyways, if such cap existed, I would get similar speeds, no matter what program I used. This is not the case.

I will try doing further test, whenever I have some free time. My apologies.

Last edited by baronluigi; 13.07.2021 at 16:22.
Old 13.07.2021, 16:19
Community Manager

Quote:
As i previously mentioned, Mediafire (in theory) does not have any download caps for free users.
Yes I know but a lot of websites have some kind of "fair use limits".

Google Drive for example also claims that there are no limits but in fact there are some to e.g. prevent high traffic from popular shared files.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 13.07.2021, 16:25
JD Manager

@baronluigi: *with ad-supported downloads* -> they still can detect JDownloader and treat it different than downloads in browser.
Old 13.07.2021, 16:59
Black Hole

Quote:
@baronluigi: *with ad-supported downloads* -> they still can detect JDownloader and treat it different than downloads in browser.
Well, that would explain why I am getting better speeds, if I just download from the links I get by accessing to the page through you web browser (where the download button is).

PS: I know that google drive has limits. In fact, they have 2 limits, according to what kind of account the files are uploaded to. Files hosted in free accounts can be perfectly accesed anytime, as long as you get to the links while being logged in a google account.
Old 13.07.2021, 17:05
JD Manager

I still believe your speed differences are not connected to JDownloader and caused by something else on system/setup.
I still could not reproduce and noticable speed difference
Old 14.07.2021, 14:14
Community Manager

Quote:
Well, that would explain why I am getting better speeds, if I just download from the links I get by accessing to the page through you web browser (where the download button is).
Not really.
Also:
Are you using an adblocker in your browser or not?

Quote:
Files hosted in free accounts can be perfectly accesed anytime, as long as you get to the links while being logged in a google account.
No there are even more limits.
Some files can't be downloaded at all for some time until the fair use quota (which no one is able to see) recovers.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 14.07.2021, 14:28
Black Hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
Not really.
Also:
Are you using an adblocker in your browser or not?

No there are even more limits.
Some files can't be downloaded at all for some time until the fair use quota (which no one is able to see) recovers.
I never seen that happening in a free account, though I have seen it in files hosted in Google One.

And no. Normally I don´t block the ads while using mediafire. However, I cannot understand how would they be able to limit the speed, cause the https link I get is the same wether I block the ads or not.

I must apologize as well because even if I am not getting the maximum speed my ISP offers, downloading at speeds between 52-57 MB/S is not bad either. But as I told you some messages before, I was able to get some glimpses of 78 MB/S

Last edited by baronluigi; 14.07.2021 at 14:30.
Old 14.07.2021, 14:33
Community Manager

Quote:
I never seen that happening in a free account, though I have seen it in files hosted in Google One.
Here e.g. there was a german user with this limit/issue and there was only one way around.

Quote:
And no. Normally I don´t block the ads while using mediafire. However, I cannot understand how would they be able to limit the speed, cause the https link I get is the same wether I block the ads or not.
I'm also unable to tell if they really got measures in place to recognize this (though other services definitely do that!) but I do not see any speed differences either with- or without adblock.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 14.07.2021, 14:44
JD Manager

@baronluigi: I just tested on one of our servers and was able to max out the connection with JDownloader. I would say that it was just coincidence. Please know that many servers are just connected with 1Gbit/s connection and downloading at that high speeds, you will notice very fast if others are downloading right at the same moment as well or not from same server. Saying that in moment A you can get higher speeds but 5 seconds later you will get slower speeds. And each time you download, you might end up downloading from a different server (in case the hoster has it mirrored on other servers) at different speed.
Old 14.07.2021, 14:48
Black Hole

Quote:
@baronluigi: I just tested on one of our servers and was able to max out the connection with JDownloader. I would say that it was just coincidence. Please know that many servers are just connected with 1Gbit/s connection and downloading at that high speeds, you will notice very fast if others are downloading right at the same moment as well or not from same server. Saying that in moment A you can get higher speeds but 5 seconds later you will get slower speeds. And each time you download, you might end up downloading from a different server (in case the hoster has it mirrored on other servers) at different speed.
Yeah, I had the bottleneck concept in mind. I know that the more people donwloading from a server, the slower it will get.

But keep in mind that the reason of opening this thread, it was because I was getting different speeds with other programs, no matter which server I was downloading from. First I used to test them with JD and then with FDM.

I still want to apologize for all the trouble I am causing to you both.

PD: The files you mention in your message in german...were hosted in a free account?

Last edited by baronluigi; 14.07.2021 at 14:58.
Old 14.07.2021, 14:52
Community Manager

Quote:
No problem.

I'm not saying that you're wrong but at this moment you seem to be the only user with this issue.
Other users with the same issues are free to join this conversation!

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 14.07.2021, 14:58
Black Hole

Quote:
No problem.

I'm not saying that you're wrong but at this moment you seem to be the only user with this issue.
Other users with the same issues are free to join this conversation!

-psp-
PD: The files you mention in your message in german...were hosted in a free google account?
Old 14.07.2021, 15:05
Community Manager

Quote:
were hosted in a free google account?
I don't really know but I've seen this issue multiple times already though it is a rare case.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 14.07.2021, 15:05
JD Manager

Quote:
No need to apologize! No harms done!
We just try to help and find the cause because we cannot reproduce the issue and JDownloader and other tools basically to all the same. In the end it's the same TCP connection so either speed issues are caused by setup/system (eg firewall,av...) or sort of *detection* by the host but in that case more ppl would report similiar experiences.
Old 14.07.2021, 15:12
Black Hole

Quote:
I don't really know but I've seen this issue multiple times already though it is a rare case.

-psp-
I have also seen this issue...but just in files hosted in google one accounts, where most of the files of the links shared in the net, are hosted in. It have never happened to me in files hosted in free accounts.

I think that windows defender has something to do with this, after all. I will try reformating my pc again and I will give it another try in the future.

It is true that mediafire´s speed sucks at downloading through browser. However, the thing significally changes while using download managers. I really mean it.

Another curious thing that I realized in the past, is that the download speed fluctuated a lot, depending how many chunks I put to each file.

IE: If I downloaded 6 files at the same time with 6 chunks each, most of the times, I used to get lower speeds than by using different combinations of chunks. I mean, using 5 chunks in one of the files, 3 in another, 7 in the third one...I think you both understand what I mean.

Last edited by baronluigi; 14.07.2021 at 15:16.
Old 14.07.2021, 15:19
Community Manager

Quote:
It is true that mediafire´s speed sucks at downloading through browser. However, the thing significally changes while using download managers. I really mean it.
Basically browser and download manager speed should be the same.
The biggest difference is that browsers don't do chunked-downloading by default but downloadmanagers are able to make use of that.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 14.07.2021, 15:22
Black Hole

Quote:
Basically browser and download manager speed should be the same.
The biggest difference is that browsers don't do chunked-downloading by default but downloadmanagers are able to make use of that.
But in the case of mediafire, strange things happen. In example, downloading files from Http links (through browser) is slower than downloading from HTTPS links.
Old 14.07.2021, 15:34
Community Manager

As said I was unable to reproduce this.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 21.07.2021, 13:13
Black Hole

This question is not related to the speed, but about the amount of maximum downloads. I see that JD only allows up to 20 parallel downloads, no matter what server we are downloading from. Would be possible to increase that amount?
Old 21.07.2021, 13:20
JD Manager

@baronluigi: you can modify limits on per host base via so called DomainRule
see
https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...43&postcount=7
eg

Quote:
[ {
"domainPattern" : "mediafire.com",
"filenamePattern" : null,
"accountPattern" : null,
"enabled" : true,