JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 18.08.2011, 03:37
Shaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zixer92 View Post
good to hear.

I dont know if it relates to this but suddenly my jdownloader asks for a captha even though im using premium. Just thought i mention if it isnt because of the above maintenance issues
I have this problem, too. Check your fileserve account in Setting-Host-Premium, see if you right-click and refresh it could get the status or not. Mine shows:
-- Expire Date: Unlimited
-- Traffic: Unlimted
So JD does not use the account, though it's valid, and asks for Captcha.
Old 18.08.2011, 04:08
notmetoo

It is not just 'JD' that is having problems,
also:
MiPony
Fileserve Manager
ServeZip (fileserve)

However premium download will work with firefox addon DownThemAll, with this being noted it does pose a question: why only download managers?
Old 18.08.2011, 04:39

I have fileserve premium and JDownloader stopped working with it a couple days ago for me (same problem as here, Connecting....wait blah, server error on Account Check in settings). I really need some FS downloads done tonight and I tried Fileserve Manager and it HAS SAME PROBLEM FFS!! Can anyone suggest anything? I am just gonna have to try loads of download managers or something...
Old 18.08.2011, 05:04
Rich

If really desperate to download maybe one or two files, do it directly though the browser, otherwise there is nothing we can do right now.
Seriously annoying I know, but that is honestly it right now :(
Old 18.08.2011, 05:24
grambax

Quote:
Originally Posted by 930 View Post
I have fileserve premium and JDownloader stopped working with it a couple days ago for me (same problem as here, Connecting....wait blah, server error on Account Check in settings). I really need some FS downloads done tonight and I tried Fileserve Manager and it HAS SAME PROBLEM FFS!! Can anyone suggest anything? I am just gonna have to try loads of download managers or something...
In the other thread discussing this, user Notmetoo is reporting that the Firefox addon Downthemall is working.

Internet Explorer will let you have quite a number of downloads working simultaneously (just remember to be logged into Fileserve in either browser) so I'm just using that for now (I've got work in progress and don't want to restart Firefox to install an addon.
Old 18.08.2011, 05:37
johnnyg86

So i've been monitoring this thread for a while hoping to hear there would be a fix but so far i guess nothing, anyways after trying every download manager possible; jdownloader(obviously) MiPony, Orbit, DAP, FlashGet, DownloadThemAll and even fileserve manager. I finally found some success with IDM for most of yesterday i couldn't download batch links, and later that day i couldn't even download single links with it. But as of early today everything seems to be working well so anyone who wasn't having success with IDM or hand't tried it, you should try it now it might work for you too at least until this issue with JD is fixed.
Old 18.08.2011, 05:38
bossma02

i also have the same problem server error will try later, over and over, just with jloader, removed host and added it again filled out user and password, can login at fileserve.com
idm hoever does work, so it's definetly jdownloader, hope it is fixed soon, as o prefer to use jdownloader
Old 18.08.2011, 06:49
garfy

Default Problems with fileserve -- Hoster problem?

I get this error with fileserve, Hoster problem?

Nothing works, if I go to direct link it is ok, but when using jdownloader, it does not work.

Any idea?

Last edited by Jiaz; 18.08.2011 at 10:04.
Old 18.08.2011, 06:55
Al3sinth

This is from FS's news post

Quote:
For the next 48 hours, the API will undergo maintenance. This renders some 3rd party programs (JDownloader, Fileserve Manager, et.al.) to not function properly.
Old 18.08.2011, 07:24
English Supporter

Why do you open a new thread while the same thread is still active?
Old 18.08.2011, 07:43
madascene

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertz View Post
If yes but the problem already lasts for 48 hours and who knows if 48 hours are enough for the slow working Fileserve
Fileserve has been having problems for the last 72 hours and now they add another 48 hours to it. First they denied any problem at their end and now they say its maintenance, and I wonder what kind of maintenance they are doing that only renders download managers useless. Its ridiculous and they should be compensate us for these lost days.
Old 18.08.2011, 08:08

Default Filseserve Support says it's still down (Maintenance)

OK I just got Fileserve Support 45 mins ago, it's similar to what someone else posted:

This response received 2011-08-18 05:20 BST (UTC/GMT+1)

Quote:
Connection and download error encountered in Fileserve Download manager/ Fileserve/ Jdownloader are due to unexpected server maintenance. The maintenance is expected to be complete within the next 12-24 hours as confirmed by our Technical team.
We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.
Your patience is highly appreciated.
Thanks for the alternatives but I was so desperate I couldn't wait, I ended up exporting my (logged into fileserve.com) cookies from Firefox with Firefox cookie exporter and using that file with multiple instances of WGET (linux command ported to windows in UnxUtils) wget --load-cookies=cookies.txt -i url_list.txt

Turns out, 3 paralell wget's maxed our 10mbit leased line so I was all good

Hope it get's resolved soon I got more to download tomorrow..
GL guys!
Old 18.08.2011, 08:30
garfy

but where is the open thread? I can't see it
Old 18.08.2011, 08:35
akoroshi

Default Same

Agree that there is lost value on what we paid to Fileserve if this "down time"
continues
Old 18.08.2011, 09:05
English Supporter

http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=30858 and also:
http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=22069

Last edited by tony2long; 18.08.2011 at 09:10.
Old 18.08.2011, 09:08
madascene

Fileserve already has a sticky thread, use that instead: http://board.jdownloader.org/showthr...=22069&page=63
Old 18.08.2011, 09:23
Polish Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmetoo View Post
It is not just 'JD' that is having problems,
also:
MiPony
Fileserve Manager
ServeZip (fileserve)

However premium download will work with firefox addon DownThemAll, with this being noted it does pose a question: why only download managers?
It was explained many times: because download managers use fileserve API!!
Old 18.08.2011, 09:33
Rich

Ha wow, this IDM thing is pretty good thanks!
Allows you to rename files BEFORE you start downloading them, seriously JD needs that feature.
Old 18.08.2011, 09:58
Lorenzini

Hello,
I kept getting "Sever Error, will try later" from the premium account setting page for fileserve. The problem is when I tried accessing the download page using my browser, it works fine. Fileserve is clearly not facing any server error problems, but that is JD is telling me. As a result, I could not download and keep getting the f**king "Disconnect? wait ........." message from JD. What is the problem???
Old 18.08.2011, 10:02
JD Manager

FileServe is working on their API, so don't panic if you have a premium account and nothing's working right now. It should be up and running again, soon (depending on how long FileServe takes for their maintenance).

@Rich: filerenaming will be supported with next major version
Old 18.08.2011, 10:03
JD Manager

FileServe is working on their API, so don't panic if you have a premium account and nothing's working right now. It should be up and running again, soon (depending on how long FileServe takes for their maintenance).
Old 18.08.2011, 10:06
JD Manager

http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=30911
Old 18.08.2011, 10:28
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Ha wow, this IDM thing is pretty good thanks!
Allows you to rename files BEFORE you start downloading them, seriously JD needs that feature.
Please, read "rename b4 download". The feature has been asked a long time ago but it was difficult to integrate it in the program. That's one of the reasons that jD is being redeveloped.
Old 18.08.2011, 11:09
remi

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverclaw View Post
This whole debacle has put my FS loyalty on a knifes edge.

Probably will not renew with them.
It's amazing that you're still in doubt. There are so many other hosts that offer resume capabilities, don't use captchas, are fast and all this FOR FREE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moronix View Post
File server is getting a war against JDownloader.
I can't believe they're at war against their own API. They just sabotaged it. Also their own "third party" tool doesn't work. I call this ridiculous amateurism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zixer92 View Post
Will someone tell me how i can not renew when i paid by credit card ? They keep charging and not responding to emails.
I would contact your bank/credit card company, call the police or sue them.

@all

This can be an indication that this host is in serious financial trouble. Unpaid bills and not able to find investors could soon end FSe's file hosting adventures. Don't tell me that you haven't been warned.
Old 18.08.2011, 11:32
tom_swan

Thanks for the helpful answers and support. I like very much JD, but will try to see if alternatives work better during this period (but according to the theory that FS is fumbling with their API, no downloader should work). Honestly I don't care much what downloader I use (could be even a collection of scripts, pl or py, because I run them in virtual machines anyway) as long as I can pass it a list of links and it downloads them automatically during the night (I don't want to enter every 30 minutes a link somewhere).
Old 18.08.2011, 11:33
grambax

Quote:
Originally Posted by 930 View Post
OK I just got Fileserve Support 45 mins ago, it's similar to what someone else posted:

This response received 2011-08-18 05:20 BST (UTC/GMT+1)

Thanks for the alternatives but I was so desperate I couldn't wait, I ended up exporting my (logged into fileserve.com) cookies from Firefox with Firefox cookie exporter and using that file with multiple instances of WGET (linux command ported to windows in UnxUtils) wget --load-cookies=cookies.txt -i url_list.txt

Turns out, 3 paralell wget's maxed our 10mbit leased line so I was all good

Hope it get's resolved soon I got more to download tomorrow..
GL guys!
I got the same form letter response from Fileserve. I would certainly suggest that anyone with a Premium A/C write and tell them that a mass apology isn't good enough. For three days, so far, we haven't received the service that we paid for.

I feel sorry for jdownloader and its team; they have come in for considerable flac when it has been fairly obvious from early on that this wasn't their fault. I understand people's frustration, and I share it, but jdownloader has offered an excellent program and the always seem on the ball with problems, so I hope Fileserve will soon be up and running with them soon and we can all get back to happily using a program we are all obviously happy with.
Old 18.08.2011, 12:14
remi

The guy running that host isn't serious at all and is taking huge risks. Please read my "warning about FSe".
Old 18.08.2011, 12:25
Weasley74

Problems are not being solved on FS. And Premier Account days are being wasted. I will change from FS to something else after this bull****.

I agree with remi that this smells of financial troubles. Every time I pay them I need to log paypal and lock the recurring payment and this is really annoying.
Old 18.08.2011, 12:50
silverclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
It's amazing that you're still in doubt. There are so many other hosts that offer resume capabilities, don't use captchas, are fast and all this FOR FREE.
You've made me interested. Please do tell more.

I've never heard of these 'free' awesome services.
Old 18.08.2011, 14:18
babylonx

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverclaw View Post
You've made me interested. Please do tell more.

I've never heard of these 'free' awesome services.
The truth is that RS gives me about 1Mb/s (my line's top), no wait time, no captcha and all this for free. Only thing it does not give me is parallel downloads. But I couldn't care less since the speed of the single download is so great!

My FS premium doesn't work with JD either. It was a waste of my money. I will consider buying RS the next time just to thank them for their great service!
Old 18.08.2011, 14:31
eummagic

3rd day of fileserve premium account being shown in JDownloader as "Server Error, will retry later"
Old 18.08.2011, 14:47
remi

@silverclaw

According to their current traffic ranking (i.e., popularity) observed on 20110809 :-

59) mediafire.com (resume, very rarely captchas, fast, 2 links simultaneously)

61) megaupload.com (resume, no captchas, fast)

71) 4shared.com (no captchas)

149) rapidshare.com (resume, no captchas, fast, no wait time at this moment).

224 ) narod.ru (resume, no captchas)

304) depositfiles.com (resume, no captchas)

Among the smaller hosts you'll surely find interesting hosts as well, but they have less published links.
Old 18.08.2011, 15:03
Polish Supporter

The explanation fileserve posted on their news page is pure crap and like.
They simply change something in their internal procedures, the changes triggered the bugs and probably they can't find and correct these bugs so all of this prevent their API from working correctly with 3rd party applications.
Old 18.08.2011, 15:49
JD Manager

their own tool does not work either
Old 18.08.2011, 16:34
Hertz33

So what the solution for now? To use IDM?
I hope the issue will be resolved soon.
Old 18.08.2011, 16:45
r3ddawn

Same issue as of this morning, hopefully they are fixing this and we can get back to using JD, and not through the browser, as I'm currently doing...
Old 18.08.2011, 17:13
Weasley74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post

:biggrin: probably...they are all on holidays and put out messages like "still 24/48 h of server maintenance".

I cant believe that suddendly it takes SO much time to fix it.
Old 18.08.2011, 17:44
Rich

Yeah, basically go with IDM until this is fixed Hertz, that's the only real working alternative right now.
Old 18.08.2011, 18:20
rocker2499

What the, i just check back here and JD still not working with FS?

These few days with Servererror problem, i'm using IDM downloading on FS links, the speed is good and still downloading even now. Still don't like to unrar each package file

Hope JD could run smooth with FS like IDM, no prob, no complain, no stuck, no dragon ball and no doraemon
Old 18.08.2011, 18:30
yijing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
:outch::outch::outch:
Closed Thread