JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 27.07.2017, 03:59
scotte58

Default Problems Purchasing Premiums

This is not really a JD issue, but since everyone here is a downloader I thought I'd ask.

For a number of years I had premiums for both depostifiles and uploaded each with 1 year subscriptions that I would renew every year. About 3 years ago, depositfiles just declined my credit card and wouldn't allow me to re-up my subscription. Last year, uploaded did the same. Same CC I had used before (still valid), never had any problems with either service, was not banned for abuse or anything like that. In both cases, I entered all the proper information, submitted my subscription request and it came back "credit card declined". I even checked with my CC issuer and they reported that no attempt had even been made to charge my CC. It is a valid "Platinum" VISA issued by a large US bank in my own, real name.

Recently, I tried to purchase a 1 month premium from takefile.link through PayPal (I don't like to use my CC directly with vendors I know nothing about). Nothing. I mean literally nothing happened. No attempt to access PayPal. So, I tried to purchase it through a reseller (filesharingshop.com), also with PayPal. Filled out the form, submitted it and it came back with an Order number, but my email address was altered (...@ayhoo.com instead of ...@yahoo.com). They were supposed to send me an email to complete the transaction. I believe it was deliberately altered to prevent the purchase through PayPal. I sent them an email with the Order number and pointing out the typo. I never heard back from them.

What is going on? Anybody else have issues like this? How do you buy premium subscriptions?

I really need a 1 month subscription to takefile.link and a 1 year subscription to uploaded.net, but I can't figure out how to make that happen. Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Old 27.07.2017, 05:09
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotte58 View Post
This is not really a JD issue
Yap it really isn't.
Quote:
I really need a 1 month subscription to takefile.link and a 1 year subscription to uploaded.net, but I can't figure out how to make that happen. Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
I cannot make any special recommendations - I'd always try to avoid resellers.
In your case I'd try other payment methods than CC/PP.
Also PP often blocks payments for OCH services, that is nothing new

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 27.07.2017, 08:12
scotte58

@psp
That is what is confusing to me. It obviously wasn't my CC or PayPal that blocked the transaction. None of these places even tried to complete the transaction. They advertise that they take CC's and PayPal but they never contacted either my CC or PayPal when I followed their subscription process. Four different places over several years!?!

What method do others use to pay for their subscriptions?
Old 27.07.2017, 09:13
JD Manager

Quote:
Same CC I had used before (still valid), never had any problems with either service, was not banned for abuse or anything like that. In both cases, I entered all the proper information, submitted my subscription request and it came back "credit card declined".
Did you contact hoster support about it? I'm sure they can provide better help in such cases
Old 24.08.2017, 13:55
Super Loader

Interesting issue. I've experienced similar declines with basic retail websites, most notably Home Depot. My first guess is that in my case I was shipping the item to an address different than the billing address for the card. Customer support would always say something like "Yeah that could be the issue."

When I would ask how anyone is supposed to send a gift, or receive something at their place of work, or why does the site even allow putting a different shipping address if that would cause a decline...the answer was always basically "I don't know."

Of course this anecdote doesn't exactly apply to your case, but it serves as an example that it could be some minor detail, and companies don't always seem to have best practices in play.

Have you been able to find anyone with the same issue, or try another payment method? I'd even try a friend's cc just to see if it has something to do with your name or info.