JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 04.04.2021, 03:14
Modem User

Default Packagizer ignores package name setting

I use jdownloader 2.0 with firefox with the "Download with Jdownloader" addon. I have a longstanding custom rule defined in the packagizer, I have been using for a long time.
The last time I downloaded something was like a month ago and there was no problem.
Today, I tried to download again but I noticed that the packagizer rule for setting the package name is getting ignored.
The rule sets the download destination correctly but not sets the package name. It sets the package name per individual file.
But packagizer should gather those files from the same host under the same package name so it is easy to see them all together.
I think some update broke this because I use the same host everytime with same file types.

Edit1: I noticed that whichever tab is focused on the firefox while I am sending the file to jdownloader sets the package name.

Edit2: I tried the same thing with MyJDownloader Browser Extension. There was no problem with this addon. However, for some reason I cannot get it to intercept links like the "Download with Jdownloader" addon. I have to manually right click the links and click "Download with Jdownloader" which makes this addon almost useless.

Last edited by laxarus; 04.04.2021 at 04:47.
Old 06.04.2021, 19:11
JD Manager

The "Download with JDownloader" extension is by 3rd party and we don't know how it works nor can provide support for it. Our MyJDownloader extension does not yet support to intercept downloads from your browser but this feature is on our todo list.

You should try to contact developer of the extension and ask him to fix the package name<-> focused tab issue. Have you checked if there is a setting in the extension for this?
On what condition do you set the download destination? why does this rule work but not the package name? or was package name set by the extension?
Old 18.04.2021, 15:43
Modem User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
The "Download with JDownloader" extension is by 3rd party and we don't know how it works nor can provide support for it. Our MyJDownloader extension does not yet support to intercept downloads from your browser but this feature is on our todo list.

You should try to contact developer of the extension and ask him to fix the package name<-> focused tab issue. Have you checked if there is a setting in the extension for this?
On what condition do you set the download destination? why does this rule work but not the package name? or was package name set by the extension?
Thanks you for the explanation.
I was thinking this was also one of the official extensions.
Like I said this used to work fine but a recent Jd update broke it I guess.
If the MyJDownloader extension supports intercepting downloads, I will switch to it.

It is weird though that packagizer sets the download destination correctly for that particular link format but not the package name. I am not sure if this is an issue with the extension or the JD itself.

Last edited by laxarus; 18.04.2021 at 15:50.
Old 19.04.2021, 13:47
JD Manager

@laxarus: I could not find any recent change for Package names and the extension sets the current site name as package name (that's desired behaviour by the "download with JDownloader" extension).
package names can be set by plugins/packagizer rules or in this case, by the source/extension
Old 19.04.2021, 13:49
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxarus View Post
The rule sets the download destination correctly but not sets the package name. It sets the package name per individual file.
But packagizer should gather those files from the same host under the same package name so it is easy to see them all together.
Please feel free to share your packagizer rule and example links/website with us (support@jdownloader.org) and we can take a look at it and try to find out why it no longer works as intended or how to make it work again
Old 21.04.2021, 20:10
Modem User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@laxarus: I could not find any recent change for Package names and the extension sets the current site name as package name (that's desired behaviour by the "download with JDownloader" extension).
package names can be set by plugins/packagizer rules or in this case, by the source/extension
Hmm, that is weird.
The ruleset is really simple, it only sets package name and download destination. It sets the download destination correctly but fails to set the package name. Instead it sets the package name as the currently focused tab name (not even the download tab name) on the firefox.

The website is e-hentai.org for gallery downloads.
The ruleset is below.
Code:
[ {
  "filetypeFilter" : {
    "enabled" : true,
    "audioFilesEnabled" : false,
    "matchType" : "IS",
    "useRegex" : false,
    "hashEnabled" : false,
    "videoFilesEnabled" : false,
    "docFilesEnabled" : false,
    "subFilesEnabled" : false,