JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 22.08.2021, 16:39
Vacuum Cleaner

Opened another account. It says i need to upload a document in order to download a document. Or, pay subscription. Disappointing.
Old 23.08.2021, 19:08
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transformer View Post
Opened another account. It says i need to upload a document in order to download a document. Or, pay subscription.
This is again not an issue of our application.
You will have to discuss this with the support staff of scribd.com and/or pay for an account.

-psp-

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
That's true James
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Die Leute verstehen einfach nicht dass nur weil man mit einer Waffe auch auf Menschen schießen kann dass ein Schützenver​ein kein Ort für Amoklaufide​en ist
Old 30.08.2021, 00:29
Vacuum Cleaner

Ok friends, here's the update:

Using a free account i was downloading just documents from Scribd, 20 limit per day.
I tried to use Jdownloader 2 to save some time, for some documents i wanted from Scribd.
After 2-3 days of using this method correctly, downloading suddenly stopped.
I messaged the Scribd support asking for help and information, no reply ever.
The account seems to be completely suspended from downloading in any away.

I opened a new account and started a subscription.
Before i did that, i messaged the support asking about document downloading limits per day (with subscription).
They replied telling me that although it is an "unlimited" subscription, limits may apply.
I said what are the limits per day?
They said, we can't tell you, but there is an algorithm going around and it may catch you.
I asked about using download managers and they specifically said "we don't like that, don't do it".
So i suspect using JD2 with the free account was indeed the reason for total downloading suspension of the free account.
After two days downloading some documents i wanted (about 200-300) i see that downloading is disabled.
They said it will only last for a day if the algorithm limits me, i am waiting to see if this is true or not.
Even with the "unlimited" subscription, it means unlimited for reading, not for downloading, this should be made more clear.

That's it, hope it helps other people.
Old 30.08.2021, 15:52
Community Manager

Thanks for the details.

You might be able to download a lot more by e.g. limiting the number of simultaneous downloads to 1 though if their "algorithm" simply counts the total downloads per day and you exceed this limit you'll run into the problem anyways.
I wonder if there are less limits for their premium customers.

-psp-

Quote:
That's true James
Quote:
Die Leute verstehen einfach nicht dass nur weil man mit einer Waffe auch auf Menschen schießen kann dass ein Schützenver​ein kein Ort für Amoklaufide​en ist
Old 30.08.2021, 19:35
JD Manager

Quote:
Even with the "unlimited" subscription, it means unlimited for reading, not for downloading, this should be made more clear.
"unlimited" often just means "fair use" Because a normal user will use use the platform *normal* way while someone with tool could easily download all of them and stop subscription after just 1-2 days because downloaded everything he wants. They don't want you to crawl/download everything and then no longer need the subscription
Old 18.09.2021, 00:37
Vacuum Cleaner

Quote:
"unlimited" often just means "fair use" Because a normal user will use use the platform *normal* way while someone with tool could easily download all of them and stop subscription after just 1-2 days because downloaded everything he wants. They don't want you to crawl/download everything and then no longer need the subscription

Yes, they allow about 100-200 document downloads per day from what i see, for the subscription customers like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
Thanks for the details.

You might be able to download a lot more by e.g. limiting the number of **External links are only visible to Support Staff**... to 1 though if their "algorithm" simply counts the total downloads per day and you exceed this limit you'll run into the problem anyways.
I wonder if there are less limits for their premium customers.

-psp-
I am talking about the new account i made, which is subscription (payed, premium).

One question, i am kind of afraid to download with the subscription with JD2. They replied that they "don't like" download managers. When i tried it in the free account, the account was completely locked as i explained in previous posts and still is till now, and they did not reply to my messages.

Now with the new subscription account, i don't know if i should try it, with one download (number of connections) only allowed. My question is, does scribd.com know if me downloading from my IP address and my account occurs normally through their website, or through JD2 (which could possibly mean negative repercussions for my account)? Do they just see my IP downloading a file and they don't have a way to know if I am using JD2? Thanks.
Old 20.09.2021, 17:23
Community Manager

Quote:
Now with the new subscription account, i don't know if i should try it, with one download (number of connections) only allowed. My question is, does scribd.com know if me downloading from my IP address and my account occurs normally through their website, or through JD2 (which could possibly mean negative repercussions for my account)? Do they just see my IP downloading a file and they don't have a way to know if I am using JD2? Thanks.
Well yes and no.

Let's just put it this way:
If they want, they can easily recognize automated downloads and block accounts of users using tools.
They only way to find out if they actually do that is to try it out...

-psp-

Quote:
That's true James
Quote:
Old 20.09.2021, 18:16
JD Manager

@Transformer: They don't care about your IP as you already using a fix account they can use for counting/probing/analysing.
pspzockerscene is right, if they want to detect tools vs browser, they easily can