JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 22.09.2018, 15:23
JD Alpha

Lightbulb Youtube channel grabber order?

Hello

Is there any option to configure JDownloader so that I can tell him of either start to grab videos from given youtube channel from the beginning or the end?
Sometimes I just need few(e.g. +50) the newest videos and grabber seems to collect the videos from the oldest and when channel have a lot of videos it takes too much time.
Old 23.09.2018, 03:21
English Supporter

There are no user options in respects to adding playlists or channels. It's been designed to add from the first video to the newest. Majority of users want parsing in order based on playlist entry (or upload date based on channels lists) typically want first video in the playlist vs last. Order is important also for filename tagging for instance on playlist (number), else the numbering would be incorrect.

If you are adding / monitoring channels for new videos, you can use rss feeds and add them automatically. Find the channel id in source code of said user. Then use
_**External links are only visible to Support Staff**
then you wont need to use channel/playlists and jd to parse.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 23.09.2018 at 03:38.
Old 23.09.2018, 06:22
JD Alpha

Yes, I was just wondering how the script works, so that maybe it won't be hard to add just one check box - "add reversed" or sth.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 24.09.2018, 14:56
JD Manager

Can you please provide some example links? Then I can check if it would be possible to add such a plugin option to parse playlist either from end or beginning
Old 27.09.2018, 07:14
JD Alpha

Sorry for the late reply @Jiaz and thanks for concern
Just take any youtube channel, for example:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

I also was thinking that adding to adres "?flow=grid&view=0&sort=dd" can do the trick, but nope.
Old 27.09.2018, 11:05
JD Manager

I've fixed plugin. It should now crawl from newest to oldest. Wait for next plugin update
Old 28.09.2018, 19:04
DSL Light User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
I've fixed plugin. It should now crawl from newest to oldest. Wait for next plugin update
Someone should some day add the ability to parse channel playlists and download them as folders. I would pay $5 for a premium "feature" that did that. You could probably make a million bucks if you implemented it and everyone bought it.
Old 28.09.2018, 19:06
JD Manager

@user135711: I'm sorry but I don't understand? what feature are you missing?
Old 30.09.2018, 18:18
DSL Light User

@Jiaz, I badly want to be able to add a youtube channel to the link crawler, and then have the packagizer add all the playlists of the channel into a separate folder each and any videos in no playlist into another folder. It would work like the linkgrabber filter but in reverse. All links containing "&list=" with the same list would be packagized into a folder. I made a request on the feature request but never got a reply so I'm manually sorting channels very slowly into playlists.
Old 01.10.2018, 17:26
JD Manager

Let's continue in your other thread, thanks
Old 13.12.2018, 10:14
InstallGentoo

Sorry for bumping an old thread, wasn't sure if it would be better to make my own.
I don't understand why the crawling was changed so easily. I think what raztoki said is true. For me at least now the youtube plugin became less useful, the number tagging even works in reverse. I would appreciate if just an option is added, so we can choose if to do it from oldest to newest or newest to oldest.
Thank you.
Old 14.12.2018, 08:10
JD Alpha

yeah. and I would like to parse the videos from a channel using the sorting order provided by youtube itself, they currently provide three methods so it's just a matter of adapting the code to theirs

Code:
newest to oldest (DEFAULT) - youtubecom/channel/CHANNELNAME/videos?flow=grid&view=0&sort=dd
oldest to newest - youtubecom/channel/CHANNELNAME/videos?flow=grid&view=0&sort=da
most popular (THE ONE I WANT TO USE) - youtubecom/channel/CHANNELNAME/videos?flow=grid&view=0&sort=p
notice the changing of letters at the very end of the link, the rest is the same. can this be done?
Old 07.07.2019, 06:47
JD Alpha

Default Youtube channel grabber order?

Quote:
It's been already quite a while and I was wondering if this statement was fulfilled/is still working?
Old 08.07.2019, 12:26
JD Manager

@davis: what exactly do you mean? what doesn't work?
Old 09.07.2019, 04:23
JD Alpha

Quote:
@davis: what exactly do you mean? what doesn't work?
Thanks for concern.
TL:DR - Is there a way to solve this - to continue immediately link(yt playlist) grabbing from where it stopped last time?
I've added some youtube channel/playlist to grabber and I interrupted the grabbing in the middle.
If I want to complete grabbing the links the grabber would start to search for the links from the beginning of the list of videos, meaning it will take time when he comes to the middle and start adding the rest.
Changing the video list order, doesn't change anything.
Old 09.07.2019, 19:16
JD Manager

@davis89: That's not *that easy* because the linkcrawling process is heavily multithreaded. when you interrupt/abort the process, the yt plugin doesn't know if the found videos already are processed or also interrupted/aborted. because of that it's not easy to determine where to resume because the plugin can't know what got processed/added and what not.
the plugin doesn't support different sorting
for your use case I would suggest to use tool/create list of all videos from playlist and then add this list in chunks, so you'll know that one list is finished and then continue with next one
Old 10.07.2019, 04:26
JD Alpha

Yes, I get that point. I was just wondering if there could be a half fix to that, meaning that I could just start grabbing the links from the end of the playlist the second time and just again cancel it in the middle so that I would have complete playlist that way.
Old 10.07.2019, 13:08
JD Manager

Hmm, but that's not a real solution because when you crawl from the end and also abort, then you still might have some left in the middle. Maybe sort of plugin settings to tell plugin to check linkgrabber list for entry first and then skip it. so the crawler will first check linkgrabber if there is already the video in list and skip repeated processing of the video. that way the order of the list doesn't matter.
Old 11.07.2019, 03:11
JD Alpha

Quote:
Hmm, but that's not a real solution because when you crawl from the end and also abort, then you still might have some left in the middle.
Still it seems much better deal, while the normal way I have to wait sometimes even hour+ for the grabber to came to the point where I've ended and also I am losing a lot of internet data which I have limited here, so it's also money.
Old 11.07.2019, 13:42
JD Manager

It's much better deal and uses way less data. just starting crawling from other end of the list doesn't reduce data amount as for each video, the whole parsing process has to run before JD detects that the video is already in list. with this optimization in mind this will speed up and reduce data. I would suggest to wait for feature to be available and just test it
Old 11.07.2019, 14:19
Community Manager

He was talking about long waittimes as well.

Doesn't disabling the linkcheck/filesize check also speed up the process of adding YT URLs or is YT an exception?

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 11.07.2019, 15:09
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
Doesn't disabling the linkcheck/filesize check also speed up the process of adding YT URLs or is YT an exception?
-psp-
doesn't speedup the process that much because still several requests for each link + ressource intensive processing
Old 11.07.2019, 15:36
JD Manager

wait for next update and enable Settings-Advanced Settings-Youtube.crawldupecheckenabled