JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 20.12.2009, 22:48
mashima

Unhappy All my downloads gone after force quit

I was running jd and it became very slow (not the download but the operation speed) and responding to my request only after a few seconds delay, with the beach ballon (macos) spinning all the time. Some minutes later, it became absolutely inoperative and the force quit window shown "JDownload is not responding", so i force it to quit. When i restarted it, the download list was simply EMPTY

beyond this bugreport: is there any way to restore my list right now?

thank u in advance
Old 21.12.2009, 10:22
JD English Support (inactive)

Look in your JDownloader directory (I am a Windows user and I am not sure where that is on macos). Check for a subdirectory called "backup". There should be a file database.zip in that directory. If you are in JDownloader, copy that file, use the JDownloader/Save/Link list command (to save any new links) and exit JDownloader. Extract the files from the old database.zip to the config subdirectory.

When you start JDownloader, the old links should show up (unless they were overwritten by a session in between). If you had new links, use LinkGrabber/Add Container to read the Link list you saved.
--------------------------------------
The good news is that the files you downloaded should not have been deleted.
The bad news is that the database backup could have been overwritten by the empty list.

JDownloader was probably forced to quit while it was trying to save the database. It does that every few minutes, but if there was a problem, it could have gotten stuck.

You can manually save the database with JDownloader/Save/Backup. I do it frequently (about once per day), because I have a long list.
---------------------------------------
Do you have a software firewall or antivirus running? If so, please write back with your OS version and all software you were running with JDownloader (including the antivirus and/or firewall). Security software inserts part of itself into the operating system and can cause significant problems, especially with JDownloader. Over 95% of problems where JDownloader stops responding have been traced to security software.

I am just a member like you. I have a problem in Windows with JDownloader slowing and becoming unresponsive, so I know the frustration. I will be reinstalling Windows soon (something that has to be done every year or two under Windows). I hope that fixes my problem.
Old 25.12.2009, 13:16
mashima

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
The good news is that the files you downloaded should not have been deleted.
The bad news is that the database backup could have been overwritten by the empty list.
absolutely true. thank u doc
Old 25.12.2011, 21:51
al3loo

First, sorry for bumping an old topic, but this problem having to me and all my download links GONE!!! after I force quit JDownloader. :S

@drbits .. I just tried what you said but this is only for premium accounts as I seen in those files!! but non of my links shown up, I tried even old backup but it's not showing up any links in the DL list.. is there anyway to let them back?! I was having full lists with comments and passwords inserted along with DL paths now just gone??! :(

Any idea will be really appreciated,,
Best Regards,
Old 26.12.2011, 03:49
English Supporter

Check file size of database.script and backup zips. Did you get Java update just before this happened?
Old 26.12.2011, 05:26
al3loo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony2long View Post
Check file size of database.script and backup zips. Did you get Java update just before this happened?
the zip file is almost 1 mb, and extracted .script is about 12mb ..
I guess yes, actually I needed to install the jdk couple days, so I did installed it in D directory, is this the problem and could it be solved anyway?..

If I removed that update would it help me?, I still got it installed in C if that could help!

Old 26.12.2011, 05:32
English Supporter

Yes, use that update 15 and you'll get your links back.
Old 26.12.2011, 05:57
al3loo

Thank you very much, you save me!

:biggrin: Merry Christmas and happy new year to everybody!