JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 27.06.2019, 08:59
BugMeNot Account

Default Proxies on headless JDownloader / MyJD

trying to enable Proxies on my headless JD2 I looked at the advanced settings.

1) why is "load balance free downloads over all possible connections" default-off? What I understand is that proxies (or multiple uplinks) are used to circumvent free download limitations (number of simultaniously downloaded files) by proxies or multiple uplinks - why would you want this to be turned off?

2) Is the use of procies enabled by default? because the only proxy setting I can see only the proxy list, no other setting seems to be related to this?!

thank you
Old 27.06.2019, 09:43
JD Manager

1.) because it was an experimental feature and not many ppl have access to many/different proxies. I would not recommend to use public proxy lists for this but that's just my own two cents.
1.1.) with this feature disabled, JDownloader will switch to different proxy in case the previous proxy is still in waiting time. so it will go through all available proxies until a working one is found. one after another
1.2.) with this feature enabled, JDownloader will try to balance multiple parallel free downloads over parallel connections. if possible, multiple free downloads at the same time.
1.3.) having multiple proxies doesn't mean you can download faster. if one free download can already saturate your connection speed, then why split it up to multiple free downloads when there is no win in download speed time

2.) yes, you already found it. the proxy list in advanced settings. the easiest way would be to setup connections/proxies in JDownloader with GUI and then copy/paste the value
from advanced settings to your headless JDownloader.

Last edited by Jiaz; 27.06.2019 at 09:45.
Old 27.06.2019, 23:15
BugMeNot Account

alright, so use of proxies is enabled the moment procxies are available.

Well, first of all multiple connections do not hurt, do they? And the only OCH I knew that would saturate my connection speed was zippyshare, but it does no longer allow direct access for me.

whats the matter with free proxy lists? Yes, they are less realiable and offer less speed - but is there anything else?

Talking about speed: is there a minimum speed setting to make JD temporarily disable an overused proxy and restart the corresponding download(s) via a diffrent proxy? (maybe the experimental setting includes this?!)

Thank you.
Old 28.06.2019, 10:39
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaintext View Post
alright, so use of proxies is enabled the moment procxies are available.
Yes. Without *load balance free downloads* the free downloads work like you have a single connection and the other connections will be used in case a connection fails/has reached limit. With the *load balance* enabled, it will try to download multiple free downloads at the same time.

Quote:
Well, first of all multiple connections do not hurt, do they? And the only OCH I knew that would saturate my connection speed was zippyshare, but it does no longer allow direct access for me.
It depends on how you define *hurt* it mainly depends on the use case. I'm just trying to say that it depends on the user/setup/use case. Some ppl have high speed connections and a normal download might not be able to saturate it. Others have low speed connections and a single download already uses the complete speed.

Quote:
whats the matter with free proxy lists? Yes, they are less realiable and offer less speed - but is there anything else?
Just my two cents but..proxy servers can see WHERE you are downloading from. they even may be able to see WHAT you're downloading and they also may be logging
your activity. do you evaluate who runs the proxy? who owns the proxy? why is it free ?

Quote:
Talking about speed: is there a minimum speed setting to make JD temporarily disable an overused proxy and restart the corresponding download(s) via a diffrent proxy? (maybe the experimental setting includes this?!)
You can try to use the eventscripter for this, but there is no such support out of the box. See here for eventscripter, https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=70525
Also might wanna ask mgpai for help. He's our script master