JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 02.02.2015, 20:20
Mega Loader

Default Can't set default download path

When I go into general settings, click browse and select or create a new default folder and restart it does change it. Under advanced settings it shows the folder that I selected but I still have to manually set it for every link that I add. It always worked OK for me in JD 1. What am I missing?

I do like a lot of the new features, especially the search function. One complaint I have is they have taken some very basic functions that used to be in the regular settings menus or on the main screen and now you have to scroll through hundreds of lines in the advanced settings to find them.

Last edited by Jiaz; 04.02.2015 at 12:34.
Old 02.02.2015, 21:16
Community Manager

So you changed the default downloadpath to a new one but newly added links still get the old path?
Please post a screenshot of your downloadpath settings and also one where we can see the new/old WRONG path.

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 02.02.2015, 21:54
Mega Loader

For some reason it worked when I changed it before but now it just keeps going back to the previous folder. I know I have to restart for changes to take effect so that is not the problem.

It changes in the advanced settings:

New links do not change:

'
Old 02.02.2015, 23:08
Community Manager

Try to DISABLE this advanced setting:
LinkgrabberSettings: Use Last Download Destination As Default

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 02.02.2015, 23:54
Mega Loader

I have tried both options for this setting. I tried disabling it and I also checked it and manually changed a link and the next link I tried still went back to the previous folder. Restarting does not help.

If I click browse the box opens to the current setting default folder. I click save and it will change the package to the right folder. I have to do this for every package. No matter what I do it will not automatically go to the default path that I set.

Old 03.02.2015, 01:58
Community Manager

GraphicalUserInterfaceSettings: Download Folder Chooser Default Path
--> Set this to "The global download directory"

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 03.02.2015, 03:38
Mega Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
Try to DISABLE this advanced setting:
LinkgrabberSettings: Use Last Download Destination As Default

GreeZ psp
I have already tried that. I have been through the advanced settings and I think I have tried just about every combination of settings for everything related to the download path. I have restarted JD and even rebooted the computer. It just keeps setting to my previous default folder setting. Sorry to be such a pain. I guess it's not that big of a deal. As I said, there are a lot of things that I like about JD2 so I can just live with a few extra clicks. Biggest improvements are the search and being able to download from Facebook. JD 1 would only work with YouTube and now it won't do that any more.
Old 03.02.2015, 03:44
Spanish Supporter

Please join our support chat and contact me in order to do a teamviewer session.

Installer for Windows XP/Vista/Seven/Eight
|| JD2 x86 - x64 (Beta) ||

Installer for Mac
|| JD2 (Beta) ||

Installers for Linux
|| JD2 (Beta) x86 || <---> || JD2 (Beta) x64 ||

How to Create a Log
-» Click Here «-

¿Cómo crear un registro?
-» Click Aquí «-

Support Chat / Chat de Soporte
-» Click Here / Click Aquí «-

Last edited by Lram32; 03.02.2015 at 04:00.
Old 03.02.2015, 16:00
JD Manager

Hi,
1.) Links in DownloadList will not change automatically. You have to change them manually
2.) Links in LinkgrabberList will not change automatically when you set a customized folder manually
3.) Links in LinkgrabberList will change automatically if you did not set a customized path
3.1.) as folders are cached they will only change when you restart jdownloader -> then new default folder will be visible
3.2.) new added packages will use the current selected default folder

In case something is not clear or your wish something to work different, please let us know!
Old 03.02.2015, 17:12
JD Manager

With next update restart is not needed for links to use the new default path (point 3)
Old 04.02.2015, 07:17
Mega Loader

I still cannot get new links to show the correct folder automatically. When I click browse the box does come up as the correct path and all I have to do is click save. I found that I can move options from the right click submenus to the main. I put "set download directory" and "move to new package" to the top. I think in linkgrabber these functions are the most used and should by at the top by default. Until I used the menu manager I thought they had been omitted from JD2. So, problem mostly solved. Before this I had been clicking browse on each link to change it to the default. All I have to do is select all and right click to bring up the box once and click save. I even tried renaming last weeks folder and restarting and links come up to a folder that no longer exists. The box still comes up to the correct default folder.

The most irritating default was the sub folder option. I tried several things in the advanced settings and I don't remember what finally worked to get rid of it. Even when I would bring up the box and leave the box unchecked it would still put <jdownloaderpackagename> in the path and I would have to delete that individually for each link. I think in JD 1 there was just a box in the lower right corner for the subfolder option that you only had to change once.

As I said before, there are still a lot of pretty basic options in the advanced menu that require that I scroll through the huge list of things that I have no clue what they are and would never change without asking my son (a geek and proud of it!) what they mean. I think the rule should be if an average user like me is if not going to make a change to an option that is going to really screw things up and could easily be changed back, then they should be in the regular menus. At least put back the ones that used to be in JD 1. That scary warning that popped up the first time I clicked advanced made me back off at first. Even friends of mine that have much less computer skills than me know not to change things that they do not know what they are.
Old 04.02.2015, 11:51
Spanish Supporter

About the subfolder...
Settings > Packagizer > Predefined rule: create subfolder by packagename (disable it)

Installer for Windows XP/Vista/Seven/Eight
|| JD2 x86 - x64 (Beta) ||

Installer for Mac
|| JD2 (Beta) ||

Installers for Linux
|| JD2 (Beta) x86 || <---> || JD2 (Beta) x64 ||

How to Create a Log
-» Click Here «-

¿Cómo crear un registro?
-» Click Aquí «-

Support Chat / Chat de Soporte
-» Click Here / Click Aquí «-

Old 04.02.2015, 12:13
Mega Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lram32 View Post
About the subfolder...
Settings > Packagizer > Predefined rule: create subfolder by packagename (disable it)
Just my point. Why not leave that option as a simple, easy to find button like in JD1?
Old 04.02.2015, 12:34
JD Manager

With latest update Linkgrabber will always show
1.) customized path
2.) dynamic path with current selected default folder (live -> change default folder, all non customized packages will show new folder)
Old 04.02.2015, 13:12
English Supporter

@Oldgeezer
It is a simple setting, just you didn't know where to look! It needs to be applied in this fashion because of how package customer works and still allow overrides and customisation within its current feature set. You are making a mountain out of sand hill. Please ask for help then accept the answer we give vs questioning the way JDownloader has been design. I say that because of your comments of not been a geek, you won't understand the answer.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 04.02.2015, 14:39
Mega Loader

I'm sorry, but I think sometimes people who develop software and write thousands of lines of code to make it work are on a different plane than the average Joe that needs an easy understand GUI with options that are simple to figure out. In so many ways JD2 is a big leap forward but some things that were easier to set up in JD1 now are harder to find. If you don't want input from a typical user why have this forum? Trust me, there are a lot of people out there that know less about computers than I do.
Old 04.02.2015, 15:04
English Supporter

I wasn't knocking your feedback, I was reading what you wrote previously and it came across as you wouldn't understand the reasons behind it. You do not need to know much about computers to use JDownloader, software isn't hardware and hardware isn't software. You just need to spend time and learn changes in interface, and don't be afraid of experimenting with advanced settings. When you change setting away from default the reset arrow will turn yellow, you click the reset arrow and it will revert setting. It's quite tolerant in that sense.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 04.02.2015 at 15:21. Reason: expanded response