Mega Loader

thx
Old 14.08.2011, 09:55
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezilla2 View Post
how dos that even work ?
You need to upload a reCaptcha and it'll return the text. I tested it for 10 reCaptchas and it returned 2 correct responses.

Note that my results aren't statistically significant, but you can try it yourself and publish the results.
Old 21.08.2011, 01:08
Fibre Channel User

Angry Is it only me, or anybody else is having a hard time?

Is it only me, or anybody else is having a hard time with the new ReCaptcha?

Did they really had to make it so hard?

How long until you figure out if that is an "e" or an "o" with a thick wave line behind it? (at least a good couple of seconds, plus getting REAL close to the screen - ok... call me Mr. Magoo.)

The new thick wave behind the text makes it almost impossible to decipher it sometimes...

A "rn" gets confused with "m";

An "i" gets confused with an "l", when the wave is covering the link between the dot of the "i";

A "c" easily becomes an "e", when the wave passes on the wrong part of the text;

A "cl" easily becomes an "d";

and so many more bad cases... (I can't stand it !)

Any tips or tricks to figure it out? (I mean in filling it, not the CB or CT plugins)

Last edited by audio20; 21.08.2011 at 01:42.
Old 21.08.2011, 01:34
English Supporter

trail and error, you do get trained at reading them after some time. But thing is you only need to get one of the words right in order to proceed. Just you don't know which word...

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 21.08.2011, 01:48
Fibre Channel User

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
...you only need to get one of the words right in order to proceed. Just you don't know which word...
Isn't "the challenge" supposed to be only the one with the wave line behind it?

The other word is almost always easy to figure out, even when it's upside-down. The exception is when it's a bunch of mathematical symbols or something like that, but we always know that in those cases it doesn't really matter what you enter for it.

My "biff" is really with the challenge getting harder (that frickin' wave line in the exact same color, in a very small and pixelated image, it's hard, man...)
Old 21.08.2011, 03:02
English Supporter

I usually type both when earning credits with captchatrader, but yes you can usually 'tell' by words that are upside down are not needed. One word even in foreign language characters which you have no chance to solve as most don't have those keyboard mappings enabled.

Google using heavy shadowing with very close text even to the point they overlap, Newer formats you will also see also, cursive writing, one word even in foreign language.

Now they mix things up to the point, were I don't see correlation of just one diversion measure! It's all in the desire of making it harder for automated solvers. They can't make it too hard otherwise humans wont get it right, specially vision impaired they have to rely on audio format.

Audio is another way this can be solved theatrically, I read some time ago people have been working/done this already.

Last edited by raztoki; 21.08.2011 at 03:09.
Old 21.08.2011, 03:06
willemijns

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio20 View Post
Is it only me, or anybody else is having a hard time with the new ReCaptcha?
since a few weeks, i need to type more recaptcha than before... it begins to be very annoying.....
Old 21.08.2011, 09:12
remi

Cool

This is the end of Gogol's reCaptcha era. When humans can no longer solve the challenges then machines will take over and that's exactly the opposite of what Gogol wants. It shows how clever the automatic recognition algorithms have become and how much Gogol is trying to make humans look ridiculous and stupid.

It reminds me of RS that was searching for ways to make captchas harder for machines but at the same time they were no longer solvable by humans.? Some years ago RS decided to drop captchas altogether.

Last edited by remi; 21.08.2011 at 10:51.
Old 21.08.2011, 10:18
willemijns

I agree with you... google will be the winner in all cases... the concept of making a captcha is stupid for FH, a capping is better to econony ressources ^^
Old 21.08.2011, 10:57
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by willemijns View Post
google will be the winner in all cases...
Do you mean that the Gogol Mafia has been able to force a faster evolution of automatic character recognition and that they can now start using those new algorithms to scan all the books that don't belong to them?

Thanks to all the lusers who were still typing the second string Gogol already scanned more books than they could because they didn't have to pay those little slaves.
Old 21.08.2011, 21:43
English Supporter

I solved 50 odd recaptchas of the newer format yesterday, with 100% accuracy. While it's harder to recognise with the wavey line than without, I'm actually finding it easier than the heavily shadowed text. Each to their own :>

Old 21.08.2011, 23:26
Fibre Channel User

Smile F... Yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
...Thanks to all the lusers who were still typing the second string Gogol already scanned more books than they could because they didn't have to pay those little slaves.
Hilarious! I totally agree!... (and I'm rolling on the floor)

Too bad we can't do nothing about it...
Old 22.08.2011, 00:03
Fibre Channel User

Thumbs down Yes, but...

Quote:
I solved 50 odd recaptchas of the newer format yesterday, with 100% accuracy. While it's harder to recognise with the wavey line than without, I'm actually finding it easier than the heavily shadowed text. Each to their own :>
Yeah, man, but look at this:

Can you honestly say that you, without coming close to the screen (suppose you were watching a movie from a distance, for isntance - or that you don't have a perfect eyesight, like me), can tell:

at fist sight that the 4th letter is (or isn't) a "r",

or, also at fist sight, that the 5th letter is (or isn't) a "c" followed by a "l".

And it may also take you a couple of extra seconds to realize that the 6th (or is it 7th, since there's no fixed number of letters in the challenge) letter is an "i" and not an "l".

So, I look at that image and I start to go:
- "Is it tsloinelld?";
- "Is it tsloinellol?";
- "Is it tsbinelid?";
- "Is it tsbirdid?";
- "Is it tsbirelid?";
- "Is it tsbinclid?";

And I never know the right answer, until I turn on the magnifying glass (quite "in the style of" Mr. Magoo)...

...and even then, it is still hard for me...

Here's just a few of the problems, for me:
- There is no fixed number of letters.
- The letters are too irregular and deformed.
- There is no single word that makes sense, making it possible for you to "realize" what is that strange character that you can't quite figure out.
- Each character is "mangled/jammed" (whatever it is the right word) too close to each other.
- The image is too small with bad resolution.
- There are purposeful introduced "strange elements" to the image, besides (and including) the wave.

For me, it is way too hard now. It takes me much more than "a few seconds" to solve the challenges... And I still miss the correct answer on 1 in every 5... And it also makes me come real close to the screen... (which is usually annoying - and even more when I'm in the sofa and have to get up; I don't miss the days when my TV didn't have a Remote control at all! )

As remi said, in tryin' to beat the machines, Gogol has managed to beat the "less powerful" humans (like me).
Old 22.08.2011, 00:33
English Supporter

Here are my hints to solve this newer format::
Do not read left to right in scanning manner. Scan your eyes top to bottom (up & down) over and over its easy to remove/ignore the lines in your head that way, side to side for me is harder to read wavey line overlay.

I read that within 1second as tsbindid.

Also I find at times blowing things up makes it worse as it distorts a poor quality image, either that or step back from the monitor some distance. With captchatrader earn I use the chrome extension which is original image size, though in the browser you can zoom easily enough (ctrl+scroll), the extension doesn't resize well though, the dialogue window frame size is fixed in the addon (which you can also edit).

Hope my tips help you improve your solve percentage.

edit:: guess all of your 'is it's are wrong

Last edited by raztoki; 22.08.2011 at 00:42.
Old 22.08.2011, 04:44
Fibre Channel User

Thumbs up Thanks for the tips

Quote:
Here are my hints to solve this newer format::
Do not read left to right in scanning manner. Scan your eyes top to bottom (up & down) over and over its easy to remove/ignore the lines in your head that way, side to side for me is harder to read wavey line overlay.
Wow, that really seems to help! (I think...)

Quote:
Hope my tips help you improve your solve percentage.
Yes, me too. My most sincere thank you.

Quote:
I read that within 1second as tsbindid.
edit:: guess all of your 'is it's are wrong
Oh, now that you mention it...
Hilarious, indeed not even trying hard I did succeed in figuring out that one... (poor Mr. Magoo)
Old 22.08.2011, 05:45
English Supporter

Guess another tip would be, do not over analyse the captcha! I used to do this when shadowing first entered into googles rotation. My percentage went down to maybe 90% then I realised my mistakes and adapted another approach. Most times its the easiest solution is the correct one, also you can guess some captchas as they are words known to you. But that isn't always the case as google sources references from large variety of text including scientific papers which introduce non words, like variables.

take care

Old 22.08.2011, 08:52
remi

Cool

Quote:
also you can guess some captchas as they are words known to you. But that isn't always the case as google sources references from large variety of text including scientific papers which introduce non words, like variables.
None of the strings to be guessed is an existing word that can be looked up in a dictionary. The words to be guessed are fabricated, alphabetic strings. The scanned image doesn't have to be entered because Gogol doesn't know the string neither.

Note that if you can guess these words better than the previous generation, the people training the algorithms will have an easier job as well.
Old 23.08.2011, 02:56
English Supporter

I never said their dictionary words. Nor my known word was the one with the line in it..

Never the less you knit picking skills, still in heightened state remi.

Old 23.08.2011, 10:11
remi

Cool

Quote:
Never the less you knit picking skills, still in heightened state remi.
Can you please explain this? The words you use are in my dictionary but I can't parse it and it makes no sense.
Old 10.09.2011, 22:50
Fibre Channel User

Question What's up with that?

Hey, guys,
do any of you know if ReCaptcha is "mixing it up" yet again now?

Look at these 5 challenges:

It took me quite a while to get used too the "wavy line" behind the word, but now, in great part thanks to your tips, that I actually like it (and it always allows me to type 1 word instead of 2, because I know for sure which word they want - the wavy one), they're changing the challenges?

Like that fat dude on SNL always say: "What's up with that?"

AND I’VE GOT TO SAY! oooooooooooohhhweeeee! whats up with that? whats up with that??

Old 11.09.2011, 09:25
remi

In the first and second examples there's a known dictionary word 'blocked' and surfing. This means you've to guess the other word. The second example also contains a dot. In the third case there's a number. Don't guess words with numbers because as far as I know the word to be guessed always contains alphabetic characters, no other characters like numbers or special characters.

The upside down words in the last two examples don't have to be typed because even Gogol are too stupid to understand they're just scanning a book upside down. Maybe they do it on purpose to make people even more angry and to show their power over people.

By now the pattern should be clear. You've to guess the word with the white and black characters.
Old 11.09.2011, 15:42
Fibre Channel User

Thumbs up thanks

Quote:
...known dictionary word 'blocked' and surfing. This means you've to guess the other word...Don't guess words with numbers...word to be guessed always contains alphabetic characters, no other characters like numbers or special characters...
makes sense, thank you.
(but I've got to say that it takes a couple of extra seconds to figure out the right word to be typed now, in comparison with the wavy-line-pattern)

Quote:
...upside down words...don't have to be typed because even Gogol are too stupid to understand they're just scanning a book upside down.
Hilarious! I totally agree.

Quote:
By now the pattern should be clear. You've to guess the word with the white and black characters.
OK, thanks! Looks like the image that had some "white clouds" drawn on top of parts of it, then.

IGNORE upside-down, with dots or numbers, straight-up dictionary words; gotcha. Once again, may thanks for your help.
Old 15.09.2011, 20:26
Super Loader

i have unlimited errors with terreract.exe
i can not remember if i installed it beacuse someone recommended it as a good ocr capture method.

how can i deinstall it clean so jdownloader does not get corrupoted
Old 16.09.2011, 10:04
remi

Enable "Disable automatic CAPTCHA". I think some original anti-captcha methods do no longer work.

Please read the first post of the captcha thread.
Old 16.09.2011, 14:49
English Supporter

not sure what terreract.exe is, but if its integrating with our JAC it will need to have files installed to jdownloader/jd/captcha/methods/???/ find the folder with that exe and remove it. restart JD, job done.

Disabling the JAC is totally wrong advice, as it will disable all captcha solving regardless if JD can solve or not.

Old 16.09.2011, 15:00
remi

Most captchas I've seen lately are reCaptchas. sick2k5 stumbled upon a host that hasn't reCaptchas yet, but we don't know which one.

Do you know any captchas that jD's original anti-captcha methods can still solve? Provide a link that I can test and I'll agree with you.
Old 16.09.2011, 15:47
lorotelu

Google 1 - Antirecaptcha 0.

:lol:

:thumbdown:
Old 24.09.2011, 16:54
sonyteam

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorotelu View Post
Google 1 - Antirecaptcha 0.

:lol:

:thumbdown:
Google return to a previous state.

Three modifications in your images, make it very difficult to understand.

Google 1 Antirecaptcha 3.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

The latest version (v3.00) is now available with 30% - 35% correct attempts.

Greetings.
kekojones.
Old 25.09.2011, 09:05
remi

Cool

Thanks for the marvellous news. Where can we find the program and its source code?
Old 25.09.2011, 10:38
sonyteam

The plugin is in the links at the end of the web, but the source code is not public, Google could be used if known. Thus we can take more time with the plugin working.

antirecaptcha.com

Greetings.
kekojones.
Old 25.09.2011, 10:56
remi

OK, I understand that you want to hide it for Gogol. I easily found two sites. One referring to your alias and one to the name of the method. I suppose at Gogol they're too stupid to find it.

I'll wait until someone makes an open source version.
Old 11.10.2011, 14:46
capidi

Hello,
I installed anti recaptcha but it doesn't work. Can you help me please?
Which settings do I have to set to enable anti recaptcha?
The installer places its files in C:\Program Files (x86)\JDownloader\jd\captcha\methods\AntiRCSTJD
Old 11.10.2011, 14:54
remi

I know about one setting : disable "disable automatic CAPTCHA" in Settings -> Modules -> AntiCaptcha.
Old 11.10.2011, 15:09
capidi

Thx, I made the setting, but it doesn't work either.
It still prompts me for the captcha and after 20s fails.
Old 11.10.2011, 16:56
capidi

I personally on my own need 2-5 tries to get the captcha right. That is weird, because sometimes it is really clear to see and even though it gives me a new one to enter.

But using anti-recaptcha would be more comfortable. But it doesn't work at all. The files are present in the jdownloader directory but it doesn't do anything.
Old 12.10.2011, 08:59
remi

I would report this to the developers of the method. jD can't do anything about it. Also provide all the reCaptcha images that weren't solved properly. Also tell them that fileserve.com rejects more reCaptcha responses than other hosts.
Old 17.10.2011, 07:11
jhonnyboucher

Thank you for the Guides,
Old 18.10.2011, 04:13
Fibre Channel User

Default It looks easier now but it really isn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by capidi View Post
I personally on my own need 2-5 tries to get the captcha right. That is weird, because sometimes it is really clear to see and even though it gives me a new one to enter.
This is happening to me quite a lot too. Sometimes I enter as much as 9 different answers (I don't really count, but I think it's around this number) to the challenges and then I get a message like this:

It really pisses me off!

Another really annoying thing is that I have the impression that I no longer can enter just 1 of the 2 challenge words (the more distorted one). sometimes it works and sometime it really doesn't so now I have to enter both to avoid being given yet another challenge. Even when trying to answer both correctly, I still max out my possibilities sometimes (I end up with the "Too many wrong captcha attempts!" message)
Old 18.10.2011, 10:03
remi

Please read "fileserve for the lack of a better word isnt working".
Old 27.10.2011, 02:45
kensou_bao

Default ReCaptcha

I have a long list of link that I wish to download overnight. But I hav to wait for the first link to finish the download before i can proceed to the next due to the ReCaptcha. Is there anyway to pre-type all of the ReCaptcha so that I can download it overnight?? The link happens to be from fileserve/ wuupload/ filesonic... So it doesnt hav any automatic Captcha...
Closed Thread