JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 21.09.2011, 06:05
LizardWizard

I'm a new user, and I have some questions about Captcha Trader's JD plugin.

Has anyone verified that it's legit and free of malware (especially something like a keylogger)? I ask for a few reasons:
  • Captcha Trader is small. It's familiar to this small community here, but it's not well-known to the larger world.
  • It seems pretty common for criminals to prey on download manager users, since this kind of software (especially captcha subversion) is somewhat less than mainstream. For instance, I read a blog post last night (the one which directed me to JDownloader actually) which included scan results on the "Rapidshare Plus" program, and it turned out to be chock full of trojans. I can't remember where the post was, but the point is that I'm wanting to keep my guard up. The open source nature, popularity, and community surrounding JDownloader makes me pretty comfortable with the main program, but I'm nervous about bad plugins slipping under the radar.
  • I noticed that the Java source for Captcha Trader's plugin is only 2.1KB, but the .jar binary is 361.3KB. I have no experience with Java, so I have to ask: Is this normal?
  • I tried compiling the 2.1KB source file that Captcha Trader provided, and OpenJDK's compiler returned two syntax errors. Unless OpenJDK's compiler is quirky (quite possible), this seems to imply the source they provide is not the actual source for the binary they provide.

Could someone familiar with Java and the JDownloader plugin API take a look at the Captcha Trader source and weigh in here?

Last edited by LizardWizard; 21.09.2011 at 06:10.
Old 21.09.2011, 07:00
English Supporter

I'm using captchatrader myself they have published there source code (available on there website), you can also decompile there class/jar files if you wish. I quickly glanced over there source code when I first look into CT. If your worried about security I always advise never use the same username or password on multiple interfaces/websites, then you can not be social hacked as easily. The login data used to be sent as raw text, think they encode with base64, but remember that can be easily reversed also. The only communications I saw where related to the captcha solving. Id say its safe enough.

Try with Sun java? its preferred even for jdownloader.

I've been using it for maybe nearly 12 months now I guess, and I'm happy with there service and support, for the odd times that I've had to use it. It's on par with any of the other similar platforms , if not better as they support open source and multiple downloading platforms and operating systems, which Captchabrotherhood does not. Some of the other services are java based so they do, but they are paid based only.

I've only recently upgraded to the newest version of there plugin, which seems to have improved the handle of multiple captchas within short time frame.

There api is well documented so you can create your own interfaces, and have 3rd party applications freely available also. I'm using jCatGui (on the download page) to earn credits when I have a few minutes spare, I had to decompile that though version I tested seems to not report your user:pass back home *winks*.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 21.09.2011 at 07:06.
Old 21.09.2011, 09:31
remi

@LizardWizard

I admire your analytic mind. I've one question and one comment.

1) Why don't you show this evidence to CT themselves and ask for a clarification? You can then communicate their reply here on this board.

2) I've never trusted extensions nor add-ons of trusted programs (except for scripts I write myself or when I have the time to analyse them), but that's a natural reaction to protect myself and my computer/network. I know that most malware nowadays is distributed through extensions and add-ons (since most of them are browser related I call them browser parasites).
As long as the main application's developers don't see the need to integrate some feature in the application itself I don't use the application or the feature. In the context of jD the latter case applies.
Old 23.09.2011, 23:57
midnite

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
...I'm using jCatGui (on the download page) to earn credits when I have a few minutes spare, I had to decompile that though version I tested seems to not report your user:pass back home *winks*.
I don't need your data, never fear
Old 24.09.2011, 10:06
English Supporter

@midnite

Thanks for you little app =], I'm using b20110830. Not sure if you've released new build but the minimise setting seems to have slight bug. It disappears from the foreground back to the previous app but after posts/gets credit update, it then selects itself again as the active app even though its not visible (annoying).

I should check for update prior to posting this *Grins*

windows xp , java version "1.6.0_27"

Old 25.09.2011, 09:16
oxiolxy

Default familiar with jCatGUI.jar ?

anyone familiar with jCatGUI.jar ?

thanks.
Old 25.09.2011, 09:24
English Supporter

This isn't made by jdownloader, I use the application and the author made one single post so far on our forums, In reply to something I said. What exactly do you want to know?

Old 25.09.2011, 09:34
oxiolxy

Default Error with jCatGUI.jar in Windows XP

someone know why somethimes when im opeing jCatGUI.jar in Windows XP SP2 i get this error:

Enqueue is failed!
Error: UNDEFINED
Old 25.09.2011, 09:40
oxiolxy

Default application to interface with CaptchaTrader natively

who is familiar with applications to interface with CaptchaTrader natively instead of going through web browser
Old 25.09.2011, 09:44
oxiolxy

Default question CaptchaTrader authors

it is possible to eliminate the time waything betwen each capcha code on captchatrader.com ?,
for those who are fast typer
Old 25.09.2011, 09:52
English Supporter

@oxiolxy

can you quit making piles of new threads, also keep in mind this forum is meant to support jdownloader and not external applications or platforms. If the author comes by maybe he will reply, maybe not.

Old 25.09.2011, 09:55
English Supporter

Thread merged

No this is server controlled.

Please ask captchatrader these questions as we are not here to support captchatrader.

Old 25.09.2011, 10:44
remi

@oxiolxy

You can also send all those questions to the people who developed CT. Their site is "http://captchatrader.com/".

@jD Team

Why has the name of this thread been changed from "Howto: Solve ReCaptchas with Captchatrader-Plugin!" to "Captchatrader :: Solves ReCaptchas"?
Old 25.09.2011, 12:06
English Supporter

I most likely renamed it during all the merge threads. Why does it matter?

Old 25.09.2011, 18:06
midnite

Quote:
...Not sure if you've released new build but the minimise setting seems to have slight bug. It disappears from the foreground back to the previous app but after posts/gets credit update, it then selects itself again as the active app even though its not visible (annoying)...
yes, sometimes it just happened... I couldn't find a proper-and-always-working-solution for the application coming in foreground and getting the focus though
Old 25.09.2011, 18:13
midnite

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxiolxy View Post
someone know why somethimes when im opeing jCatGUI.jar in Windows XP SP2 i get this error:

Enqueue is failed!
Error: UNDEFINED
don't try to start jCatGUI twice for same user, then you won't get this error message

Update: replaced UNDEFINED with proper CONNECTION LIMIT message regarding to current captcha.trader API

Last edited by midnite; 25.09.2011 at 20:11.
Old 26.09.2011, 01:29
English Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnite View Post
yes, sometimes it just happened... I couldn't find a proper-and-always-working-solution for the application coming in foreground and getting the focus though
It seems to work, for the first step, then after update (second or two later) it changes to active app (but still minimised/hidden). This happens 95% for me in that mode. Would making the app minimise after each additional step (again) work? until the app needs to be brought forward + active app?

Old 26.09.2011, 16:56
midnite

Lightbulb

Quote:
It seems to work, for the first step, then after update (second or two later) it changes to active app (but still minimised/hidden). This happens 95% for me in that mode. Would making the app minimise after each additional step (again) work? until the app needs to be brought forward + active app?
do you have this problems with activated "minimize" option?

I always select both "on top" and "minimize" options, and it always works as long I do not click any other windows at the same time jCatGUI is coming in foreground and getting a focus.
Old 26.09.2011, 17:24
English Supporter

Yah I use 'minimise + ontop'

It works in the sense it minimises the application after you solve a captcha, and then sets activity back to the previous application used prior to jCatGUI coming to the foreground. I can then type a few characters of text in say opera (this <textarea>), then jCatGUI activates itself (still minimised) after I assume jCatGUI updates credits/timer. In the Taskbar it shows jCatGUI selected. This is the part that's annoying.

If you'd like to see this in action I can show you via teamviewer, jump on our IRC channel

Old 27.09.2011, 00:06
midnite

Lightbulb

Quote:
Yah I use 'minimise + ontop'

It works in the sense it minimises the application after you solve a captcha, and then sets activity back to the previous application used prior to jCatGUI coming to the foreground. I can then type a few characters of text in say opera (this <textarea>), then jCatGUI activates itself (still minimised) after I assume jCatGUI updates credits/timer. In the Taskbar it shows jCatGUI selected. This is the part that's annoying.

If you'd like to see this in action I can show you via teamviewer, jump on our IRC channel
I can see the problem now yes, it is very annoying if you're typing some text and solving captcha's at same time.

Update: @raztoki: the problem should be fixed now. please test the last version

Last edited by midnite; 27.09.2011 at 01:08. Reason: Update
Old 27.09.2011, 07:31
English Supporter

Grabbed your latest build jCatGUI-b20110926.jar, seems to have one slight bug that receives next captcha to solve and doesn't show the image, or does then disappears, jCatGUI shows the questionmark image, it happens every now and then (not always). I haven't been able to test the original problem as captchatrader was offline and now I'm getting one captcha after another with no chance to revert back to what I was last doing.

Update:
The network/solvers have come back now, so I've been able to test the latest build and it's working properly (cheers). I'll see if the other bug rears it's head now the network load on captchatrader has subsided, so far so good.

Thanks for your response =]
Attached Thumbnails
Snippy0001.jpg  

Last edited by raztoki; 27.09.2011 at 07:57.
Old 27.09.2011, 09:53
remi

Quote:
I most likely renamed it during all the merge threads. Why does it matter?
By changing the name of a thread it is no longer recognised by those who follow the thread in a visual way.
Old 28.09.2011, 01:23
midnite

Lightbulb

Quote:
...I've been able to test the latest build and it's working properly (cheers). I'll see if the other bug rears it's head now the network load on captchatrader has subsided, so far so good.
Thanks for your response =]
the bug you mentioned should be also eliminated now
and you're welcome
Old 28.09.2011, 12:44
English Supporter

Was the cause of the last bug, multiple tasks given same time/short period or unrelated?

Old 28.09.2011, 22:39
midnite

Lightbulb

Quote:
Was the cause of the last bug, multiple tasks given same time/short period or unrelated?
the enqueue response was faster than wait-time one, which replaced received captcha with a waiting smiley
Old 03.10.2011, 00:41
JD Legend

hello,

i am using the jd-Plugin for jd form captchatrader.

When I am solving captchas captchatrader regonise if the code is correct or not. On captchatrader.com you can control unter statistics.

there are also a column for captchas which others solved for me. there are also a column called grade.
I am only use captchatrader for JD but I think the jd-plugin doesn't respond to captchatrader if the solved captcha is correct or not.
Is this not necessary?

BlackSun

Last edited by blacksun; 03.10.2011 at 00:43.
Old 03.10.2011, 06:49
English Supporter

@blacksun

CT accounting isn't the greatest but is designed to prevent abuse, it measures all submission as correct unless you resubmit the same capture image within x seconds, with your final request as correct. You can dispute wrongly provided captures also, by going into the statistics page > view all submissions and flag what you believe incorrect.

Old 03.10.2011, 09:24
JD Legend

Quote:
@blacksun
You can dispute wrongly provided captures also, by going into the statistics page > view all submissions and flag what you believe incorrect.
that means that the exclamation mark in my submissions in the colum grade are correct?
Is there no other way than flagging incorrect captchas manually?
I would say JD can ckeck if the captcha-code is correct so JD could respond automatically.

I didn't unterstand why CT always that all submissions are always correct unless I marked it incorrect manually.

Which captcha-solving-service do you think is better than captchatrader?

BlackSun
Old 03.10.2011, 09:57
English Supporter

only your graded submission (solves to end credits) are graded, they do not grade your requests for solves (captchas used within jd). In the stats page, the left column is what was used by JD (not graded, which you can dispute), and the right side is what you solved (graded, what you've manually solved to earn credits).

They do not rely on user side submission if captchas are correct, if they do this as people can reverse engineer the plugin (or alter the open source) and remove that code. So all there checks are done server side, based on what I've explained in the previous message. The server side check is reasonable, as it can not be abused. You must also remember that captchas entering these type of networks are not download client dependant, not all download programs work in the same manner (CT supports Fritz!Load, JDownloader, Mipony, Pyload). They enter captcha into the API and the API returns the answer.

I've only ever had to contest 10 or so captchas out of thousands, they then give you back your credits.

There are other captcha trading services they work on similar method as CT, have a look at captchabrotherhood if your wanting windows alternative. This is only available for windows though (and jdownloader).

Old 03.10.2011, 11:05
JD Legend

Quote:
They do not rely on user side submission if captchas are correct, if they do this as people can reverse engineer the plugin (or alter the open source) and remove that code. So all there checks are done server side, based on what I've explained in the previous message. The server side check is reasonable, as it can not be abused. You must also remember that captchas entering these type of networks are not download client dependant, not all download programs work in the same manner (CT supports Fritz!Load, JDownloader, Mipony, Pyload). They enter captcha into the API and the API returns the answer.
now I unterstand. my submissions are not graded autmatically because of preventing cheating/abuse.

My intension was that Google with its reCaptcha offer not only the captcha but also an interace to control the correct captcha-code. the hoster/encrypters/services which use reCaptcha finally has to have the opportunity to check if someone enter the correct code.
For expample uploaded.to has to have the opportunity to check if you entered the correct code. Only with the correct code uploaded.to allows to download.
Because of this dependency JD with CT-Plugin and all other plugins for CT would also be able to ckeck if a submission is correct. So the plugin could grade a submission. If the delivered code is accepted by the hoster the plugin can grade it as correct, if uploaded.to says wrong code it is also a wrong code for CT.

I also know Captcha-brotherhood. What about this service? I got punished with 4 points if a code is wrong. Is this also a server-based-check or does the client does the check, f. ex. if a hoster accept the code?

BlackSun
Old 03.10.2011, 11:30
remi

The hosts do the checks, but jD doesn't communicate the result of these checks to the external methods/services.
Old 03.10.2011, 11:40
English Supporter

Can't recall how the checks work with chb, as the plugin works exactly the same as ct, they are external tools, they have no ability to check if downloads work as they are not part of JD just exteneral tool. jd dl > jd executes a .bat or .exe which passes the captcha into the external network, the external tool then writes answer to textfile and then exits, jd reads textfile and uses that answer to solve the captcha with.

They do punish solvers if they solve incorrectly, no idea how there checks work as I've forgotten. Plenty of info in there thread, which I see you've written a post in that thread also. Just remember the external tool options within our JAC are not made to monitor JD and downloads, they are just used to direct captchas into external tool.

You can not rely on client based check results as they can be manipulated by the user, or hoster as that info isn't given by the JAC to the external tool.

Last edited by raztoki; 03.10.2011 at 11:42.
Old 03.10.2011, 11:43
JD Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
The hosts do the checks, but jD doesn't communicate the result of these checks to the external methods/services.
Do you talk about CT or CBH?

When I interpret your answer right then JD has no interface to respond to the method/plugin if the hoster accepted the code which was delivered from CT CBH through the method/plugin, right?

Then It would be a problem/feature of JD that there is no respond to CT/CBH and not from the plugin, right?

BlackSun

Last edited by blacksun; 03.10.2011 at 11:47.
Old 03.10.2011, 11:48
remi

Cool

Quote:
You can not rely on client based check results as they can be manipulated by the user, or hoster as that info isn't given by the JAC to the external tool.
I don't understand this phrase. Manipulated? What client are you talking about?
Old 03.10.2011, 11:50
English Supporter

The JAC was never designed to be used in external api solve method + requiring post checks. It was just a way to allow external tools to solve captchas. It is neither JD problem or JAC or the plugins. Everything has been made to suite design specs at the time of implementation. Trading solutions or external solve API are new.

Old 03.10.2011, 12:17
JD Legend

Quote:
It is neither JD problem or JAC or the plugins. Everything has been made to suite design specs at the time of implementation. Trading solutions or external solve API are new.
I don't think so.
A long time ago, at the beginning of 1CH, JD, rapidshare etc. when rs.com was the hoster number one and has used their own captchas there was a fight between rs.com with always new captchas and the developer of JD.
In that time JD-team has developed an early version of Captcha-Trading when it was to difficult to develop a JAC-method.
In that time the dev of JD got some trouble with this early version of captcha-trading with the owner of the server which was uses for Updates for JD because of very much traffic caused by captcha-trading. You remember that times?

Since that time I have the oppinion that the only ultimate way to solve the captcha-problem finally is that humans enter captchas for other users which means captcha-trading.
All the years over nobody developed in this area. Anybody does a research on computer-based-captcha-solving. But this has no future because there are always captchas which could not be solved by computer.

And I was right, google with reCaptcha has confirmed me.

Now it's time to concentrate on captcha-trading because there are never been captures which could not be solved by humans.
So this is the ultimate way so solve the problem finally for all times.

BlackSun

Last edited by blacksun; 03.10.2011 at 12:20.
Old 03.10.2011, 14:00
English Supporter

That was before my time, I've been told about that experiment. Still the JAC was never made for post checks for external tools.

Old 05.10.2011, 12:43
gloomygod

Default captchatrader as sole recaptcha plugin

Hi there,

I added the captchatrader plugin to JD, but when I add a link for example to fileserve, JD still keeps failing captchas, and it is failing too fast to be a the captchatrader the responsible plugin. I think JD is trying to solve the captcha with other plugins...

It is possible to disable any other method of captcha solving, and leave only one, in this case captchatrader, for a particular source, let's say fileserve, so every single captcha is solved by the same plugin?

I tried to remove the anti-r-c_ST directory, as it is the only place where I found another plugin with a jacinfo.xml file containing fileserve.com, but I have no idea how it really should work.

Any help appreciated.
THanks.
Old 05.10.2011, 12:50
remi

Please, read the first post of the "Captchatrader :: Solves ReCaptchas" thread.
Old 05.10.2011, 13:06
gloomygod

HI, I read it , but I can't find an answer to my question.
I do have installed captchatrader. And sometimes it even works, as after many hours it manages to decode a captcha and I see the captchatrader log. That is not my problem.

What I need is to disable any other anti captcha plugin for a particular source, and there is no info about this in your link....

If I edit every jacinfo.xml file removing "fileserve.com", and delete the folder fileserve.com itself in jd/captcha/methods/, leaving fileserve.com only in captchatrader/jacinfo.xml, should that be enough to leave captchatrader as the only plugin allowed to solve captchas for that source?
Closed Thread