JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 15.06.2016, 05:20
Wind Gust

Default Twitch - some videos only download a few mb

I've tried downloading these two vods several times and always get just under 3 mb. Restarting JDownloader doesn't fix it. Neither does re-adding the links to JDownloader. Other videos seem to be fine.

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Edit: log:
14.06.16 21.05.59 <--> 14.06.16 21.06.00 jdlog://5781035891641/

I have a registered (free account) entered in JDownloader. I don't use a proxy.

Last edited by plip; 15.06.2016 at 06:27. Reason: missing info
Old 16.06.2016, 15:32
Community Manager

Ticket:

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 17.06.2016, 11:27
JD Manager

Old 20.07.2016, 21:11
Wind Gust

Encountered another one that repeatedly stops after a few mb:

I know that Twitch stores vods in little .ts segments. There used to be a site which could fetch links to those for you when a vod wouldn't work in JD2, but that site stopped updating a while ago now and doesn't work anymore. I think is used something called a m3u8 playlist to get them.

Is there any chance, please, that there could be an alternate option added to JD2 for Twitch--to get those .ts links--so there is a fallback way to download a vod when the normal method fails. Please?

There would be several other advantages to having a .ts files way to download, too. The biggest probably being resume support, because I have always found those .ts files to be resumable. Downloading that way there wouldn't ever be hours of downloading lost because of a temporary internet hiccup corrupting a download.

You also wouldn't have to "double check" every single Twitch vod to make sure it really downloaded completely (because JD2 wouldn't erroneously say even incomplete Twitch vods were 100%). The more I think about it the more I realize how useful a .ts download method built into JD2 would be.

The major downside is having to join all those little files yourself. But that is much preferable to having no option at all to get something. Especially since any simple file joiner will do it. A video joiner like ffmpeg is not required to join .ts files.

I didn't mean to rant in the bug section. Should I post this at feature requests instead?
Old 21.07.2016, 11:59
JD Manager

HLS Resume is on todo list,
Old 31.07.2016, 06:12
Wind Gust

Hi again. Came across two more vods which repeatedly stop before getting at about 1 mb or less. Twitch will probably delete them within a day or two, if you wanted to check them out before they're gone.

I also came across one that keeps saying "An error occured!" and "Try restarting this link (plugin outdated?)". This one will probably deleted soon as well.

I have JD2 up to date so I have no idea why that error would happen just for that one video.

With the problems I've been having with Twitch on JD lately, after weeks of searching I've finally found an alternative that seems reliably able to download all vods (including the three I just linked).

(And I'm not trying to be rude by mentioning this. I understand that it is an incredible task for JD to be supporting so many sites, and I think that overall JD may very well be the best downloader in existence).

Anyway the Twitch downloader I found is open source so I'll describe it a little in case you guys would want to take a look. It downloads the .ts files first, then joins them into a single .mp4 when a download is done. I think that's how it can grab vods that even JD2 can't. I think that also means downloads are resumable, though I'm not 100% sure.

It even lets you select the time range to download too, and has a {game} tag which can be added to the file name that I don't think JD2 has (or the JD2 plugin just doesn't mention it).

I do hope I haven't been rude to mention that. It seems like this open source program already does much of what is planned or considered in the future for the Twitch plugin in JD2, so I didn't know if anyone here would want a link to it to check out the code. If so let me know (I thought it would be too rude to post a link without asking first).

Last edited by plip; 31.07.2016 at 06:22.
Old 01.08.2016, 16:33
JD Manager

JDownloader also grabs the .ts segments and joins them with help of ffmpeg. So either the parts use some stuff the used ffmpeg version does not handle/support or are defective and ffmpeg is missing some kind of *ignore* parameter.
Maybe you can provide more information about your twitch downloader Then we can check it. You can also send via email to support@jdownloader.org
Old 02.08.2016, 19:12
JD Manager

Finally found and fixed the cause Should be working fine again with next core update