JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 29.09.2015, 06:16
Black Hole

Default Silent mode not silent enough? Captcha Popups not timing out and closing.

I have this issue that's been annoying me for some time. I turn on silent mode and leave the computer unattended for hours. When I get back, I have zero new downloads (even if some should have run since they have no captchas) because there's a captcha window popped up with the counter stopped, greyed out at 59 seconds. It had been like that for 4, 6, 8, even 12 hours.

I had silent mode enabled, BUT had left JD2 open on the desktop. The captcha popup happened to pop RIGHT UNDER the mouse pointer, so the pointer being there was enough to stop the captcha timer. Then more captcha timers were waiting in the background and never time out because they're not open yet, leaving all 3 of my "simultaneous downloads" waiting for a captcha that will never time out because they're stuck behind one window.

I don't know what set of settings I need to make the downloads at least keep trying and never "stop" the timer when I'm not there. I thought someone had changed the timer to only stop when the popup is actually clicked, but it isn't working that way. Maybe I missed a setting.

Anyhow, asking for suggestions if there's a way I can make the timers always time out when I'm not there, even if it pops right under the mouse pointer. Or if this is actually a bug.
Old 29.09.2015, 10:04
JD Manager

Can you provide example links? Screenshots?
We need to know what kind of captcha it was.

Silent Mode is active when JDownloader is NOT the current active window

To avoid Captchas:
Settings->Advanced Settings-> search for captcha mode
change to "Skip_ALL"

You can also customize your menu bar and add a button to toggle this
Old 29.09.2015, 13:08
Black Hole

It's a keep2share/fileboom captcha, so it doesn't use browser loop nor is is solvable by any of the automated solvers. Weirdly it always seems to be those that get "stuck" when they pop under the mouse pointer, never the Recaptcha ones nor the SolveMedia ones.

I don't want it to skip all captchas because Recaptcha v1 ones are solved automatically (well, sometimes) so they need the browser loop to be active.

I suppose I could shut off the manual solvers when I leave it unattended, that should keep the dialog boxes from coming up at all, right? I turn off the automatic ones when I'm present anyway.
Old 29.09.2015, 13:50
Black Hole

I take back part of that- it just did it with a solvemedia one. But I was able to narrow down- if the mouse pointer is over the input field, the counter keeps ticking down. But if it's over the captcha image itself, it stops the counter.
Old 29.09.2015, 14:57
JD Manager

What captcha type was it?

Old 29.09.2015, 21:11
Black Hole

I don't know what kind of captcha Keep2share uses- I think it's some sort of custom one. It's a string of random numbers.

But the issue seems to happen on any one, I wasn't seeing it with ReCaptchav1 because that one was being captured by the browser loop rather than being displayed directly. But it has the same issue if I turn off the auto solver.

I've attached captcha- note timer is greyed out. I never clicked on it, it just popped under the mouse.
Attached Thumbnails
captcha.jpg  
Old 30.09.2015, 09:36
JD Manager

Thanks, I have linked the tickets for this issue. We will work on this as soon as possible