JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 03.09.2018, 21:48
I will play nice!

Default Longfiles retries when link is expired

Longfiles plugin keeps retrying to download files where the link is expired. I noticed it fails after several retries, and after re-running jdownloader, it puts the failed file back into PENDING and tries to download again.
Anyway, it would be best if it could recognize when a link is expired and fail right away, and then also not try to re-queue it up when jdownloader is later restarted. Below is the log...

Last edited by Jiaz; 04.09.2018 at 19:23.
Old 04.09.2018, 19:23
JD Manager

Please provide example links and real example links and NOT the direct download urls.
The plugin should detect expired direct download urls and refresh them and that refresh failed. Without example links and proper logs (see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs) we can't help.
Please create log and post logID here
Old 17.09.2018, 20:05
I will play nice!

I try via browser using the same account as what jdownloader used (according to the log file) and in the browser, it shows the longfiles page that it makes me wait 5 seconds, then I click the "Download file" button, and a blank "Link expired" page pops under. The account has not reached the quota. This has been happening for several weeks, for many files, for many longfiles accounts.

Not sure what you exactly mean by this... "Please provide example links and real example links and NOT the direct download urls".

Is this link ok, or do you want a link for the page that contains this link?:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

The logID is:
17.09.18 10.24.18 <--> 17.09.18 10.39.03 jdlog://9084364433151/
Old 04.10.2018, 19:31
I will play nice!

Hi,
Any update on this? Its still broken. I used mipony with the same account and mipony works but jdownloader doesn't.

Please let me know what else you need to investigate! Thanks
Old 07.10.2018, 00:44
I will play nice!

Hi,
I downloaded the JDownloader source code and tested myself. I found a partial fix but also have a question highlighted in bold below...

1) You mention the host plugin should detect the expired link and and refresh them and that refresh failed. But I look at LongFilesCom.resetDownloadlink() and it doesn't implement PluginForHost.resetDownloadlink(), ie that method is empty. Does that mean for Longfiles, its not possible (ie not implemented now, no one knows how to "renew" an expired link)?

If its not PluginForHost.resetDownloadlink() that's supposed to "un-expire" an expired link, then could you point me to what does that? I might be able to help fix why that code doesn't recognize the expired link? This would be awesome the code that un-expires a link exists (for Longfiles host) and it just needs to be triggered

2) LongFilesCom.checkServerErrors() doesn't recognize "Link expired" therefore it throws an unknown exception instead of a PluginException. This causes the case where we get a "Link expired" after the user clicks after waiting 5 seconds, to retry the file several times, instead of just failing upon the 1st attempt with what should be a fatal error. This also allows the failed file, after an app restart, to requeue to try to download again. It should throw a PluginException with LinkStatus.ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND, since there's no such existing LinkStatus.EXPIRED_LINK status. Add this code to LongFilesCom.checkServerErrors() should make it fail without retries if thats the case...

Thanks for all your help and for JDownloader
Quote:
if (new Regex(correctedBR.trim(), "^Link expired$").matches()) {
throw new PluginException(LinkStatus.ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND);
}