JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 22.05.2020, 04:43
JD Addict

Default Search found select but not autoscroll to the selected

Feature missing maybe,

need to find a file and check what else is included in that package. Once item is located and selected from the results then exit search but selected item doesn't autoscroll on visible window.

so after searching e.g 'apple', it returns anything with 'apple' in it from many packages, so far so good. now sort through results and select the located item then exit the the search but it doesn't automatically scroll to that item/package and show the selected. The best thing for now is keep the package expanded and manually scroll up and down and looking for the expanded package with the selected item.
Old 22.05.2020, 13:37
JD Manager

Old 22.05.2020, 13:39
JD Manager

Feature is missing, not that easy because different scenarios with different behaviour.
I agree that in search mode, a selection and then clear search, the scollbar should move to selection.
But for example I select a link in linkgrabber, add some links that get auto insered above and thus the position changes, also auto scoll with it or not?
Old 28.05.2020, 03:39
JD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
...But for example I select a link in linkgrabber, add some links that get auto insered above and thus the position changes, also auto scoll with it or not?
obviously I dont know the backend to understand how this thing work but i'm guessing sorting by name/added date/finished date ect.. come into play as well. because jd has variations of sorting (e.g added/finished date) on each column alone I could see how it could be complicated.

on linkgrabber, i tend to sort by added date. it doesn't change the position of the selected when new link added. no auto scrolling of any kind occur.

on downloads side, sorted by finished date (latest at the bottom). any new item/package were sent over from linkgrabber still be place at the bottom (and I like it that way because it is easy to manage). what doesn't happen is it doesn't auto scroll down to the newly added item. (i'm actually on the fence with this because there are times where i wish it autoscroll to the newly added item but other time i like the way things are because if I currently viewing items on a specific package I dont want it to autoscroll to where else.

offtopic. is there anyway to disable auto switch to downloads tab after sending an item from linkgrabber? I use linkgrabber as a query and send each item to downloads as needed. I think there is a similar option for linkgrabber to not focus tab when new link added which I already disable.
Old 28.05.2020, 04:22
English Supporter

re: offtopic
advanced settings and filter is your friend. used filter: switch
LinkgrabberSettings.autoswitchtodownloadtableonconfirmdefaultenabled

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 28.05.2020, 11:53
JD Manager

I think it would be *easier* to achieve to have one simple rule like ALWAYS auto scroll to the selection.
Maybe Option like:
-never auto scroll
-always autoscroll to selection

What do you think about that?
Old 28.05.2020, 12:04
English Supporter

filter & with a selection/highlight, exit filter = show the last selected item as the #anchor
filter with NO selection/highlight, exit filter = you would show the first item shown under filter as #anchor

I would have thought it would be done like this.

Old 09.06.2020, 05:48
JD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
re: offtopic
advanced settings and filter is your friend. used filter: switch
LinkgrabberSettings.autoswitchtodownloadtableonconfirmdefaultenabled

Quote:
never auto scroll
What do you think about that?
this would be nice, because there were times where it auto scroll to the top of the page.

Quote:
-always autoscroll to selection
yes please

Quote:
filter & with a selection/highlight, exit filter = show the last selected item as the #anchor...
agreed, item could be file or package

Quote:
filter with NO selection/highlight, exit filter = you would show the first item shown under filter as #anchor
I would prefer no scrolling, just return to the same state as before search filter
Old 09.06.2020, 06:07
English Supporter

I don't partially like the wording/term scroll it implies you come out at another position and then scroll down one increment at a time (scroll bar action/mouse scroll action). yet implementation would know desired position and display it.

sorry was meant to write the third but i forgot to do it before posting.

Old 27.11.2023, 23:44
Wind Gust

Default [REQ] Ability to locate/jump to a file's Package from JD search results

When searching for a file or link in my JD lists, if I only know part of a filename, I'll search for it. JD then searches and shows me a filtered list of results.

However, sometimes I can see that the file/link appears to be part of a package which must include other files, as well. However, I can't act on those because the filter is active and only shows this one specific file. If I want to delete or move the link/file's entire package, it won't work, since it'll only act on this one particular file/link highlighted in the search results. The moment I clear the search/filter to locate its package, the list loses positional track of where that file is within its own package.

This makes it difficult to find some packages/files/links, especially since links sometimes get lumped under a generic/common package name, meaning sorting the list by Date-descending won't help since the generic package name may have already existed in JD before the link was added to it (and sorting the Date-added column prioritizes package dates over individual file dates).

It would be great if there was a context menu function to "Jump to package" or "Locate package" of any file visible via search/filter results. Clicking this would obviously clear the search/filter at the same time, which would be fine.
Old 28.11.2023, 12:10
Community Manager

I don't see a problem here:
Search -> Find links/package -> Click on it and/or expand it -> Clear search field -> Previously selected Package/link stays highlighted

Alternatively use CTRL + F to jump into the search field which will also mark everything in it so it can be cleared super fast.

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 09.02.2024, 12:46
Wind Gust

Thanks for the reply, and apologies on the delay: I was in the middle of a nightmarish move/holiday craziness.

The issue is LinkGrabber's list viewer/panel itself doesn't get scrolled to the still-highlighted file/package. With a Linkgrabber list containing a few thousand files/packages, this means having to scroll up and down a gigantic list looking for a singular highlight, which difficulty is compounded with the highlight blending with other highlights such as duplicates (when scrolling as fast as possible).

Is there perhaps a keyboard shortcut or advanced setting that can scroll the LinkGrabber view to the selected file/package?

For example, in Windows, when scrolling a file explorer folder, if you press left/right/up/down key, Explorer instantly scrolls the view to the selected file/folder (or one file/folder above or below using the up/down keys).

But when I clear the search box in JD2, Linkgrabber gets max scrolled to the very top edge of the list.
Old 09.02.2024, 15:02
Community Manager

Merged same topic threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldblackice View Post
Is there perhaps a keyboard shortcut or advanced setting that can scroll the LinkGrabber view to the selected file/package?
No.

At this moment there is no solution for this.

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?