JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 09.01.2011, 22:51
4nt4r3s

Default Integrating Plugins into JD

Hey JD Devs

I have been working on JD for a couple days, because I wanted to change some plugins for JD. I setup my Workspace with eclipse, I modified the plugins, and my desired changes do work, if I start JD from within EClipse/build JD using build.xml. However, when I build JD I automatically get the latest version of JD, which is not allowing me to reconnect.

I then tried to move the modified Plugins into the correct folder of my working copy of JD by replacing the originals. I noted that Download would break saying "connecting..." when I try to use one of those plugins. When I restart JDownloader after that, the plugins are being replaced with their originals.

My question is now - how can I integrate my versions of the said plugins into a standard "download version" of JD(ie I read something about plugins being signed, but the post that stated that said this would be abandoned summer last year[the post I´m referencing was quite old])?
If this does not work, how can I get a build-version without any of the beta features?
Old 11.01.2011, 11:24
remi

jD is an open source project. Why don't you want to share your code with the other customers?

The Stable version of jD shouldn't have any beta features, but I might have misunderstood your question.
Old 12.01.2011, 00:29
4nt4r3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
jD is an open source project. Why don't you want to share your code with the other customers?

The Stable version of jD shouldn't have any beta features, but I might have misunderstood your question.
I will eventually share my Code with the community, however it is a captcha bypass routine, which is covered by my bachelor thesis paper. So there are 2 reasons why I cannot share that code for now:

a) If I release the code before my bachelor paper is finished, I run into problems with my professor

b) the code is yet very special, and the captcha handling is implemented in a basis that would allow it to be exploited, so I would not have any advantage for that as of now. However, once a) is resolved, I will rewrite the whole thing to be able to release it.

If you have further questions about details you may ask me in a PM about that.
Old 12.01.2011, 12:26
remi

I would fork the code for your own R&D by blocking the updates and use the official jD version for your daily downloads. You can run multiple versions of jD simultaneously.

See also "First Developer Steps".
Old 12.01.2011, 12:54
4nt4r3s

I followed that page when I first setup my JD Source Branch.

@Dev - Please restore the original page sometime. the current version of the page does not list the appwork Framework as an installation requirement, neither does it list the appwork svn repo address.

It seems like this information has been up before, there's one version of the page that can be found using googles cache that features both.

It could also be nice to have a Development section here in the forums.
Old 12.01.2011, 13:17
remi

The programmers might have an "internal kitchen" forum where they discuss technical issues. Otherwise use the Nightly forum. It's purpose is experimenting and testing.
Old 12.01.2011, 13:36
JD Manager

@4nt4r3s: all dependencies are listed here
http://svn.jdownloader.org/projects/jd

visit supportchannel and we can talk about your work and find a solution for it.
ps: why modify the plugin and not the captcha handling stuff?
you can reach me in chat
Old 12.01.2011, 14:01
4nt4r3s

right I'll be in the support chan tonight. (at work right now )
Old 12.01.2011, 14:03
JD Manager

you can also write email to jiaz@jdownloader.org
and describe your modifications/needs