JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 15.09.2009, 14:37
dezz666

Default Mediafire - plugin out of date

Hi folks!

Another problem i have to report about Mediafire...

Actually, even if the decrypter problem is quite solved, it's now the plugin when the download begins that is giving me some hard times!

try on this : **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

you'll get a nice "plugin out of date"!

The link is OK when using my browser!

Do we have to wait for next update?
Old 15.09.2009, 14:45
dezz666

Oops

I just realised that i posted it in the wrong place!

Can moderator-san move this post and merge it with the existing one?

Thx a lot!
Old 15.09.2009, 15:53
Community Manager

Fixed by Sheadox, wait for the next update!

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 15.09.2009, 22:40
dezz666

Thanks for the work!

Farewell!
Old 16.09.2009, 13:40
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
When do you estimate the update will be published?
Old 16.09.2009, 18:03
Don7

I have the same problem

Hope that the update comes as soon as possible cause 70% of my downloads are mediafire links
Old 17.09.2009, 09:58
remi

Cool

I still get the same error for my MF links. MF is very important for many people.

I see that Bug #564 - Mediafire broken has been solved 1 day ago.

I suppose the revision of the MF plug-in hasn't been published yet. Does anybody know when this will happen?

Thanks in advance for any info on the planning.
Old 17.09.2009, 10:03
raven120461

Default MEDIAFIRE -plugin error (out of date)

I've seen the "solved" note in this issue but just now i updated my jdownloader but this error still exist.:confused:
Old 17.09.2009, 10:21
X-Man

Mine updated as well, but still getting same error
Old 17.09.2009, 12:14
JD Manager

there is no update yet
but it will come soon
Old 17.09.2009, 13:45
raven120461

thanks Jiaz, i hope it will be very soon.;)
Quote:
there is no update yet
but it will come soon
Old 18.09.2009, 14:27
3i131

hello. new here. yeah. me too. having mediafire plugin problems. but good time too. trying to download RE5 but cant, so i can concentrate on exams... Haha. hope the update comes out soon
Old 18.09.2009, 15:46
remi

Cool

When do you finish your exams?
Old 18.09.2009, 16:06
3i131

:)

16th october.

but after that i will be training for the nike human race. so maybe will resume downloading in early november.
Old 18.09.2009, 17:29
BugMeNot Account

Default Solved - NOT

Solved - NOT

Mediafire link still wont download in JDownloader. I get message File already exists.
Old 18.09.2009, 18:55
JD Manager

no update yet
Old 19.09.2009, 06:43
raven120461

Question

Quote:
no update yet
it's been 5 days since this was reported and still no update yet?
Old 19.09.2009, 07:02
JD Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven120461 View Post
it's been 5 days since this was reported and still no update yet?
Well, you could code it yourself instead of waiting for the update...
Old 19.09.2009, 11:06
remi

Cool

People, be patient. Mediafire seems to be more difficult to program than other sites. But it's also the best host.

I recommend using other downloading tools. I use my browser in combination with Free Download Manager. The process is not entirely automatic, but as a freeloader you can download several files at a time and that compensates for the inconvenience.
Old 19.09.2009, 13:28
donbilbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalostioz View Post
So, each time jdownloader starts i have to wait for it to finish updating the plugins. But for each bloody broken plugin we have to wait for a completed new version of jdownloader? Storage.to, Hotfile now Mediafire. You allways flag those threads about broken plugins as "solved" and then we have to wait 1, 2 or 3 weeks.
Old 19.09.2009, 14:02
JD Manager

no you dont have to wait for a complete new version! i described it all in another thread, that we had some server changes and have to update our update tools first. after that we will release hoster plugin updates more often.
Old 19.09.2009, 14:25
3i131

yo. ppl. just be patient. Do something else while waiting. Like joining the nike human race 10k. or sth.:thumbup:
Old 19.09.2009, 16:38
raven120461

Quote:
vivalostioz,
sorry for being impatient but people here are confused seeing this as solved but then it's not. Can you explain and guide us as you said we could "code" it by ourselves? I myself is not a technical person so I can not understand it.:unsure:
Old 19.09.2009, 16:55
JD Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven120461 View Post
vivalostioz,
sorry for being impatient but people here are confused seeing this as solved but then it's not. Can you explain and guide us as you said we could "code" it by ourselves? I myself is not a technical person so I can not understand it.:unsure:
First "solved" means that we already fixed the plugin but it doesn't have to mean that we already provided the fixed plugin to you. We will explain the thread tags in a sticky thread (well remi did this job already - we will add information if necessary).

"code it yourself" was more a irritated reaction on users' impatience.
Coding a hoster plugin isn't that hard if you have already good coding skills. If not, you'll have to wait. Also there is no plugin coding tutorial if you think so.

We upgraded our severs just for you users, so that there will less update problems for the future. There is of course the possibility to update every single plugin directly but like jiaz said we are enhancing the way these plugins will be provided separately, right now.

At last you have to wait.

Last edited by vivalostioz; 19.09.2009 at 17:03.
Old 19.09.2009, 21:15
raven120461

Quote:
First "solved" means that we already fixed the plugin but it doesn't have to mean that we already provided the fixed plugin to you. We will explain the thread tags in a sticky thread (well remi did this job already - we will add information if necessary).

"code it yourself" was more a irritated reaction on users' impatience.
Coding a hoster plugin isn't that hard if you have already good coding skills. If not, you'll have to wait. Also there is no plugin coding tutorial if you think so.

We upgraded our severs just for you users, so that there will less update problems for the future. There is of course the possibility to update every single plugin directly but like jiaz said we are enhancing the way these plugins will be provided separately, right now.

At last you have to wait.
OK so it's a serious business and now you're irritated. Anyway thanks for explaining i'll just wait then.:cool:
Old 20.09.2009, 10:28
jdownloaderfan1

Or you could try this highly dangerous, experimental, probably violates the wishes of 90%+ of the developers, unstable, took me several hours to download the build environment and compile on my ancient laptop, might not even work for you, version from the latest svn checkout.

I made it because I needed it for myself and I understand if the post gets deleted, as this is unsupported stuff that might require a complete deletion and reinstall of jdownloader from scratch. Don't ask any questions about it to anybody.

Code:
close jdownloader

Backup your <jdownowloader directory>/jd/plugins/hoster/MediafireCom.class to MediafireCom.class.bak

and place the one from here there: www.megaupload.com/?d=3OS4VOLL

ignore it when it asks to update(which it seems it will ask you as long as your using this),
 but don't forget you'll eventually want to update it, so take that into account.
If you do allow it to update, it seems that it reverts back to the 0.8.324 version that doesn't
currently work.
If you don't understand, just wait for the new updater, and understand again that doing this under certain circumstances might invalidate your install(as I don't understand/haven't taken the time to find out how the updater works, worse case is it will screw it up), you can try replacing it with the backup before updating.

By the way the plugins use regular expressions to parse pages and you might be able to find some starting advice at xbmc.org/wiki/?title=HOW-TO_write_plugins_for_XBMC although its python and uses internal functions from xbmc instead, but it got me started on how to download videos, combine that with some code you see in the plugins and maybe that might be a softer start.

Last edited by jdownloaderfan1; 20.09.2009 at 10:50.
Old 20.09.2009, 11:30
3i131

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdownloaderfan1 View Post
Or you could try this highly dangerous, experimental, probably violates the wishes of 90%+ of the developers, unstable, took me several hours to download the build environment and compile on my ancient laptop, might not even work for you, version from the latest svn checkout.

I made it because I needed it for myself and I understand if the post gets deleted, as this is unsupported stuff that might require a complete deletion and reinstall of jdownloader from scratch. Don't ask any questions about it to anybody.

Code:
close jdownloader

Backup your <jdownowloader directory>/jd/plugins/hoster/MediafireCom.class to MediafireCom.class.bak

and place the one from here there: www.megaupload.com/?d=3OS4VOLL

ignore it when it asks to update(which it seems it will ask you as long as your using this),
 but don't forget you'll eventually want to update it, so take that into account.
If you do allow it to update, it seems that it reverts back to the 0.8.324 version that doesn't
currently work.
If you don't understand, just wait for the new updater, and understand again that doing this under certain circumstances might invalidate your install(as I don't understand/haven't taken the time to find out how the updater works, worse case is it will screw it up), you can try replacing it with the backup before updating.

By the way the plugins use regular expressions to parse pages and you might be able to find some starting advice at xbmc.org/wiki/?title=HOW-TO_write_plugins_for_XBMC although its python and uses internal functions from xbmc instead, but it got me started on how to download videos, combine that with some code you see in the plugins and maybe that might be a softer start.
Hey. english please. haha. i'll just wait for the update. :D
Old 20.09.2009, 14:42
dsancho

I installed jdownloaderfan1's quick fix and it works perfectly fine. Thanks for that!

David
Old 20.09.2009, 16:59
JD Legend

So jdownloaderfan1, you created the class file of the mediafire plugin out of the checked out svn ? Well, it's ok if you do so (it's open source). And it's ok I think if you share this idea with others as long as noone's asking us questions about.

All the users who follow these steps should be aware of the fact that they won't get any support for these "inofficial updates".
And you users should be warned of installing plugins that doesn't come from our update servers. It could be bad code and we are not responsible for any possible damages.

Just wait until the changes on the update system are done

Last edited by vivalostioz; 20.09.2009 at 17:06.
Old 20.09.2009, 19:45
martov

jdownloaderfan1, your fix works nicely, thank you.

this is the kind of attitude we need over here, DIY or dont complain.
Old 20.09.2009, 20:13
jdownloaderfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by martov View Post
jdownloaderfan1, your fix works nicely, thank you.

this is the kind of attitude we need over here, DIY or dont complain.
Its not my fix, its from the hardworking maintainers(sheadox added the latest change, also coalado, jiaz, greeny have made and maintained the plugin), I just had the minimum required knowledge to compile it.

Its good it works for you, but vivalostioz is right on that you never know what might happen, so always be prepared for the worse. For example I did build it against the latest svn code(probably unstable/experimental) instead of the stable code, and it does cause a popup from the updater to revert it. Although the patch just changed a regexp to parse the webpage, I do not know the state of its testing, and other changes can do other things in ways that might not be apparent.

The above, plus to discourage questions that waste the developers time, are just some of the reasons why you don't find to many of these being made. Not to mention that you lose support if something else goes wrong(I think it will show that you are using this plugin in the verbose log).

So unless you understand, it is better to wait for the updater, which will probably make this kinda of stuff obsolete.

Last edited by jdownloaderfan1; 20.09.2009 at 20:20.
Old 20.09.2009, 20:33
JD Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdownloaderfan1 View Post
Its good it works for you, but vivalostioz is right on that you never know what might happen, so always be prepared for the worse. For example I did build it against the latest svn code(probably unstable/experimental) instead of the stable code, and it does cause a popup from the updater to revert it.
That wasn't exactly my point. What I meant is that users shouldn't trust in java-byte-code that doesn't come from us. The reason is: If you were a bad guy, you could invoke methods in that plugin which readout the user's account data and send it to your webserver (well, I don't know right now, if it's even possible to access such methods out of hoster/decrypter classes, probably not - but you understand what I mean). I don't blame you for having modified the code, I just wanted the people here to know what is possible and what could happen if they put in .class files, that doesn't come from us.
Old 20.09.2009, 20:35
JD Manager

you can try/use the nightly version and check if its fixed in there (pls use this version mainly for testing or for bugfixed hoster and not for main using).

the warning about *modified code* is not against anyone and we dont attack anyone, we just want to inform that we cannot guarantee for *foreign* compiled plugins. I hope that is understandable

On the other side im thankfull for ppl trying to help by providing an up2date plugin ...In future we will be able to update plugins more often.
Old 21.09.2009, 01:11
JCatGuy

Default I thought it was me...re:Mediafire

Hi Jiaz/all members,
THings were doing better w/JD and I'm fairly certain I've used MFire on it previously. MY RS subscription ran out a few days back...and loaded JD w/MF links, and all were checked as "working"...nothing happened when I went to download them.

Anyway, I see that other's are having this exact same problem and Jiaz is already on the case...I'll be checking periodically for the fix or upgrade.

Thanks Alot, JCatGuy
Old 21.09.2009, 07:28
raven120461

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCatGuy View Post
Hi Jiaz/all members,
THings were doing better w/JD and I'm fairly certain I've used MFire on it previously. MY RS subscription ran out a few days back...and loaded JD w/MF links, and all were checked as "working"...nothing happened when I went to download them.

Anyway, I see that other's are having this exact same problem and Jiaz is already on the case...I'll be checking periodically for the fix or upgrade.

Thanks Alot, JCatGuy
hey jcatguy, what JD version you are using? I tried again dl MF links just now but still not working.:confused:
Old 21.09.2009, 07:47
JCatGuy

Hi,
Version 8.324? And you?
And I just found a great site for lot's of content for MF, just when my RShare account ran out...and now i have to do it all manually...which in my case may be a little quicker, but JDownloader makes it's all so easy and that you can't help but want to use it. I hope they can fix this quick...remember though, this is freeware...this is all on their own time. Take care, JC
PS...I couldn't help but to try it again too...but, not working. All we can do is wait for an upcoming fix. I am not up to the task of trying that other method, due to lack of knowledge.

Last edited by JCatGuy; 21.09.2009 at 07:55.
Old 21.09.2009, 15:18
raven120461

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCatGuy View Post
Hi,
Version 8.324? And you?
And I just found a great site for lot's of content for MF, just when my RShare account ran out...and now i have to do it all manually...which in my case may be a little quicker, but JDownloader makes it's all so easy and that you can't help but want to use it. I hope they can fix this quick...remember though, this is freeware...this is all on their own time. Take care, JC
PS...I couldn't help but to try it again too...but, not working. All we can do is wait for an upcoming fix. I am not up to the task of trying that other method, due to lack of knowledge.
same here and i'll just wait for the update also.:whistling:
Old 22.09.2009, 08:15
JD Fan

Default Are we still waiting?

Are we still waiting?

Sorry I was looking at the join date instead of the date of the post. I think it's because I'm looking for a full date instead of "Today 8:46" etc.

Last edited by cityguy; 22.09.2009 at 08:21. Reason: Looked at wrong date
Old 22.09.2009, 10:07
JD Manager

we do our best to be release update soon
Old 23.09.2009, 09:19
bndrjj

Are we still waiting our best update ?