JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 27.06.2019, 12:35
Junior Loader

Default Deviantart plugin out of date/broken/defect

Since deviantart had introduced new site design, plugin now downloads only deviantart logo instead of pictures itself. Also there are two more problems - when i try to put link to gallery to parse, i got error message, so i have to keep adding same link 2-8 times until it would start parsing process (that has began several days before new site design introduction). Also sometimes already parsed pics give message about plugin being too old, but after 1-5 force download startings they begin downloading and was downloaded correctly (also, this was several days before new site design was introdicted.) Flash (*.swf files) just say, that plugin is too old and refuse to be downloaded at all. Please, restore plugin work.
Old 27.06.2019, 12:39
JD Manager

New layout/site design is nearly fully incompatible to old layout/site design. Plugins needs a full revisit

Old 27.06.2019, 13:17
Junior Loader

Technically, old site design still exists, but by default new design is loaded, and it requires to press the switch on top panel of new design to switch to the old one. And (at least in browser) switch doesn't always works correctly. Hope that info would help.
Old 28.06.2019, 10:47
JD Manager

Problem is that there is no *switch to old* button. That's only available when logged in. In normal mode it's random/depending on artist if you see old/new layout
Old 14.07.2019, 06:31
JD Fan

Apologies for bumping someone else's report thread, but if it helps other users I have this EventScript that will find cases where the logo has been downloaded instead of the deviation and reset them. I have it set to run on an Interval trigger every 6 hours (21600000ms) so it can pick up any downloads that are again incorrectly downloaded after being reset. My first run found around 28000 failures, dating back to mid-June.

Code:
var logFile = JD_HOME + "/da_reset.log";

function log(message) {
    writeFile(logFile, '[' + new Date().toISOString() + '] ' + message, true);
}

// If downloads are running find those that:
// 1. match the size of the logo file (most selective)
// 2. on deviantart (just in case)
// 3. have a status text of "Finished"
if (isDownloadControllerRunning() && !isDownloadControllerStopping()) {
    log('Download controller running, attempting to reset links ...');
    var candidates = getAllDownloadLinks().filter(function(dl) {
        return dl.getBytesTotal() === 10648 && dl.getUrl().indexOf('deviantart') !== -1 && dl.getStatus() != null && dl.getStatus().equals('Finished');
    });

log('Number of possible broken downloads found: ' + candidates.length.toString());

for (var i = 0; i < candidates.length; i++) {
        log('Resetting item ' + (i + 1).toString());
        candidates[i].reset();
    }
    log('Reset job complete.');
}
Old 15.07.2019, 11:22
JD Manager

@mwl: thanks for sharing your script. Deviantart did not good with this new layout. Reading many artists blog and it seems many aren't very happy with the new (limited) layout.
Old 05.08.2019, 05:08
Giga Loader

Please fix this ASAP! Now JD is not able to find any full-sized images properly. I either get a "plugin defect (sic)" error, or the site logo image, or after retrying many, many times I only get the smaller JPGs instead of the full-sized images (JPGs/PNGs). :(
Old 05.08.2019, 16:44
JD Manager

@netgearjd: please provide example links
seems deviantart finally changed layout to new one for everyone.
Old 16.08.2019, 22:03
JD Fan

An update on this:
As of around 1800 UTC on Wednesday, all linkgrabbers fail, but links already in the queue download successfully.

I've noticed that in the page source for the old version, there's a link to the new version, but in the new version it's a <div> with a click event which doesn't appear to send a URL at all.

There is an API (deviantart.com/developers/http/v1/20160316) and it appears to be able to get most things, but it will require parsing the URL to get the correct parameters, and grabbing individual folders may be an issue. For instance, while playing around with it I wasn't able to resolve the "Scraps" folder for a user using the /folders call. OAuth authentication flows might require to do something similar to what happens for reCaptcha to get initial credentials.

//edit
I'm currently looking at github.com/KarsonKimbrel/DeviantArt-OAuth2-Java to see if this is something that could be used.

Last edited by mwl; 16.08.2019 at 23:31. Reason: add API reference
Old 16.08.2019, 22:54
JD Fan

OK, in the browser when logged in, this seems to work:

Prepending the URL with **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** (e.g. **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**) will bring up the version opposite that which was just served up - so if you get the new version that will give you the old, and vice versa. From a fresh session logging in, defaulting to the new version, this method takes me directly to the old version.

Not sure if this is of any use, but I hope it helps.
Old 23.08.2019, 18:38
JD Manager

Doesn't help much as we have to add support for the new layout nevertheless because
1.) account support is broken and/or user doesn't use any account
2.) sooner or later the old layout will be shutdown
3.) plugin must support URLs from old AND new layout
4.) age check now requires an account and no longer a simple checkbox

unfortunately I don't find free time to work on this at the moment :(
Old 29.09.2019, 11:37
aexl

I've donated yesterday by bank transfer for this cause.

Last edited by Jiaz; 10.10.2019 at 20:14. Reason: removed email
Old 09.10.2019, 19:19
Junior Loader

I'm really sorry for bothering, but is there any progress on deviantart plugin?
Old 10.10.2019, 20:15
JD Manager

@aexl: Thank you very much for your donation but at the moment there is no developer who finds enough time to https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...2&postcount=11
In case you wish back your donation because you're unhappy with this, please contact us via support@jdownloader.org
Old 27.10.2019, 07:49
aexl

@Jiaz: Nah, no problem. I never donated before to JD so it's all good.
Old 28.10.2019, 18:02
JD Manager

@aexl: THANK you very much for your understanding and of course for your donation!
I know that many ppl are *crying* for fixed support but time is not on my side right now :(
Old 29.10.2019, 02:31
JD Fan

After putting it off for a while, I'm going to have a go at this at some point this week. I might have some questions as I go, so what would be the best way to reach out to devs for some answers while I'm working? I'd rather not clutter this thread with lots of technical rambling.
Old 18.11.2022, 18:44
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwl View Post
I might have some questions as I go, so what would be the best way to reach out to devs for some answers while I'm working?
best by mail support@jdownloader.org but be aware at the weekend I rarly check those

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwl View Post
I'll take a look at some other API clients to see what they can and can't do.
as far as I remember, the api was limited in features/posibilites in the past but I don't know about current api. sure, feel free to test other tools and check/compare their feature-set against JDownloader.
Old 29.10.2019, 12:00
JD Manager

@mwl: either contact us via support@jdownloader.org or chat (irc, freenode, #jdteam, but can't promise if anyone will be there when you join it). I also recommend to work/experiment on smaller plugins for as deviantart is complex one. and because of major website/layout change I don't think that many parts of old plugin are useful/can be reused. please feel free and don't hesitate to contact us for question/help!
Old 30.10.2019, 03:21
JD Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
because of major website/layout change I don't think that many parts of old plugin are useful/can be reused.
Yes, I was thinking of avoiding screen-scraping and just using their API, and figuring out how to integrate that will be the biggest challenge.