JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 30.05.2011, 11:24
solcluster3

Default Using freegate as proxy

anyone know if we can use freegate or freeU as proxy for JDownloader?

if we can, can anyone post the step to link it to JDownloader?

cos I just hit a dead end after buying fileserve premium for 1 year and China block fileserve at the beginning of may.
Old 30.05.2011, 11:51
remi

The Freegate program uses open/free proxies to penetrate censoring firewalls like the Great Firewall of the Chinese Mafia regime.

Since it uses open/free proxies these proxies are being used by many people and won't be available for downloading from file hosts unless you've some luck. They also tend to be very slow because of the heavy use.

You also need to setup a proxy server address in jD in order to be able to use Freegate with jD. As far as my analysis is correct the IP is 127.0.0.1 and the port is 8580.
Old 30.05.2011, 12:13
solcluster3

hmm thanks for the info

I'll try it:)
Old 01.06.2011, 01:41
marion

If you don't mind paying extra money, you can use VPN. They are relatively quick and if chosen right, also pretty reliable. I pay 26RMB a month for mine. They recently got hit by GFW mafia and had to change web address, but they seem to be quite responsible and determined to continue their service.

I'm also planning on check out two other VPN services after my rapidshare premium runs out. Since the mafia government banned keyword "VPN" on Taobao, if you need the new keywords to search for sellers, just drop me a PM. If you find other good proxies, would you please also let me know? Looks like the few of us would have to stick together to outtunnel GFW to get the goodies.