JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 30.08.2019, 14:46
JD Beta

Same issue... what's different from the others is that I've been using a Pro Lite account since the start of the year, still have 11TB of available quota and I get this a lot. My IP is the same. Files are 50MB and on occasion larger ones, but the ones JD2's struggling with are these 50MB ones.

I've also tried unticking check reserved traffic and global cdn, same issue.

30.08.19 14.33.50 <--> 30.08.19 14.33.48 jdlog://9266286935451/

Edit:
I also noticed the quota doesn't drop a lot. I mean, more than half a year and I've already downloaded about 7 TB, but it dropped 1 TB. Maybe JD2 is still using the free mode even when having an account? IDK.

megous megatools seems to behave the same... it starts downloading with a small speed, then gradually drops to 0, JD2 stops and shows the message, this one keeps downloading with 0KB/s

On Chrome, MEGA's web interface seems to download it properly.

Might it be something regarding what megous said about a change in the API, his tools can't use recently created accounts because MEGA hid the new API, while publicly most tools use the old API and on his end there are a lot of weird issue because of this. IDK, the MEGA web interface with their new API works... everything else doesn't.

Last edited by Emm; 30.08.2019 at 15:01.
Old 30.08.2019, 15:38
JD Manager

@Emm: Check your firewall/AV, the downloads from mega are all getting killed
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
always around 80-600kb loaded, the connection is getting killed
Old 30.08.2019, 20:21
JD Beta

Um... but most downloads come through. I've downloaded my own upload, some 1000 files of 50MB, most did download while some, like 5-10, only downloaded in the browser as I've said above. I used to have that issue in the past with ESET's Web Access Protection, but I have it disabled for a while now. And my downloads get "killed" after 10MB or so. The thing is that if I wait a few hours the downloads finish fine... as if they're being downloaded as a free user as the quota replenishes.

Edit:

I've restarted my router (the firewall) and my PC (the av)... before this, when initiating the download package, the 1st 300 or so files downloaded properly, but then this message started to pop up. Normally, if it were software related other than JD2 on my end, the restarts should have brought the systems to the state it was when those 300 files were downloading properly. But no, as soon as I've continued the download after restarting the system the issue started again.

One thing you should look at, since I'm testing it with a large number of files and it offers a better picture than as of those who download 10 files, once I've continued the download those few in the order of the queue stopped with the message while others, further on the list continued to download, unrestricted, full speed, ending with full decrypted files. If it were something on my end other than outdate API implementation of JD2, this should not have happened.

Some MEGA servers simply don't respond to the premium headers JD2 sends... as I've said, similar to megatools. But they do when accessing them with the MEGA web interface.

Edit 2:

Looking up java.net.SocketException: Connection reset means that MEGA can also close the connections on their end, and that's most likely what's happening when bw is exceeded. It could be that those servers don't have an updated IP table with quotas for premium users, or whatever MEGA uses to identify us.

I did some manual testing with CurrPorts and one dl at a time:
Code:
downloads left in the list that started to show the message Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

file   1 : 94.24.36.33    gfs262n323.userstorage.mega.co.nz -> DEAD START
file   2 : 185.206.24.18  gfs204n116.userstorage.mega.co.nz -> DEAD START -> SWITCHED
           31.216.145.102  gfs270n225.userstorage.mega.co.nz -> FINISHED
file   3 : 185.206.26.42  gfs208n132.userstorage.mega.co.nz -> DEAD SLOWDOWN
file   4 : 31.216.145.63  gfs270n227.userstorage.mega.co.nz -> DEAD SLOWDOWN
file   5 : 185.206.26.42  gfs208n132.userstorage.mega.co.nz -> DEAD SLOWDOWN
file   6 : ?... CurrPorts was blank, while I was typing above, I missed the server -> DEAD CONNECTION CLOSED
file   7 : 185.206.27.16  gfs214n106.userstorage.mega.co.nz -> DEAD SLOWDOWN
file   8 : 185.206.27.41  gfs214n131.userstorage.mega.co.nz -> DEAD SLOWDOWN
file   9 : 31.216.145.63  gfs270n227.userstorage.mega.co.nz -> FINISHED, had just a few kB left to download
file  10 : 89.44.168.143  gfs270n405.userstorage.mega.co.nz -> DEAD ??? it was showing 99,6%, 201kB remaining, speed 500kB/s but never finished, ended up DEAD
file  11 : 89.44.168.19   gfs270n309.userstorage.mega.co.nz -> SLOWDOWN to 10kB/s for >10s -> SPEEDUP to 1.5MB/s -> SLOWDOWN -> SPEEDUP -> FINISHED
file  12 : 185.206.26.28  gfs208n118.userstorage.mega.co.nz -> FINISHED

from this point on are fresh downloads, not tried before

file  13 : 89.44.168.67   gfs270n357.userstorage.mega.co.nz -> FINISHED
file  14 : 89.44.168.44   gfs270n334.userstorage.mega.co.nz -> FINISHED
file  15 : 154.53.225.50  gfs262n177.userstorage.mega.co.nz -> FINISHED
file  16 : 185.206.24.54  -> FINISHED
file  17 : 31.216.145.74  -> FINISHED
file  18 : 185.206.24.7   -> FINISHED
file   1 : 94.24.36.33    -> FINISHED retried
file   2 : 185.206.24.63  -> FINISHED retried
file   3 : 185.206.24.18  -> DEAD SLOWDOWN retried
file   3 : 31.216.145.114 gfs270n174.userstorage.mega.co.nz -> DEAD SLOWDOWN retried after file reset
file   3 : 185.206.24.18  gfs204n116.userstorage.mega.co.nz +
           31.216.145.114 gfs270n174.userstorage.mega.co.nz +
           185.206.25.16  gfs302n106.userstorage.mega.co.nz +
           154.53.225.58  gfs262n179.userstorage.mega.co.nz +
           185.206.26.16  gfs208n106.userstorage.mega.co.nz -> FINISHED, web interface, 4 parallel connections

waited half an hour

file   3 : 185.206.24.18  -> FINISHED retried

What I see is that MEGA web interface uses more servers, not just one multiple times... meaning if one fails the others pick up the slack. Why doesn't JD2 do the same? If one server is not responding why doesn't it get a new one? On file 2 it did that, while on all the other files it was content on throwing that error... with 11 TB bw left. Nope, not and av/firewall issue.

Last edited by Emm; 30.08.2019 at 23:12.
Old 25.10.2019, 18:29
Super Loader

im constantly getting the error too
even as a paid user I used to
makes using this pointless if we have to resort to using web site to download,
does not matter how big the files are it keeps saying bandwidth exceeded
Old 25.10.2019, 18:59
JD Manager

@nekromantik: it should work just fine when you can download the whole file in one go in browser.
it only fails in JDownloader when it requires multiple downloadsessions/resume in browser as well.
Old 25.10.2019, 19:44
Super Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@nekromantik: it should work just fine when you can download the whole file in one go in browser.
it only fails in JDownloader when it requires multiple downloadsessions/resume in browser as well.
so how do I download a file in JDownloader if it works in browser but get the message in JDownloader? I dont see any settings to change to single session.
Old 25.10.2019, 20:30
JD Manager

I'm asking if you can download the file in browser in ONE go/download. In case it requires several download attempts in browser that means that your quota isn't enough for a download in one go and then will fail in JDownloader because it's not yet supported in several rounds.
In doubt I can check, but I need username/password and the example link, you can send to support@jdownloader.org
Old 25.10.2019, 20:58
Super Loader

Quote:
I'm asking if you can download the file in browser in ONE go/download. In case it requires several download attempts in browser that means that your quota isn't enough for a download in one go and then will fail in JDownloader because it's not yet supported in several rounds.
In doubt I can check, but I need username/password and the example link, you can send to support@jdownloader.org
Yes I can download in browser in one go.
If JDownloader reports exceeded I can just go and download fine in 1 go via website.
I no longer have account so cant give user and pass.
Its working again today but happens often every few days.
Old 25.10.2019, 21:02
JD Manager

@nekromantik:
maybe because of an error JDownloader didn't try to use the account and tried free
when it happens again, please create a log, see
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs
and provide shown logID here
Old 25.10.2019, 21:03
Super Loader

Quote:
@nekromantik:
maybe because of an error JDownloader didn't try to use the account and tried free
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
ok
Old 26.10.2019, 00:20
Super Loader

Quote:
@nekromantik:
happened again
after downloading only 500mb today

log id
24.10.19 19.53.59 <--> 25.10.19 22.20.06 jdlog://8926130900751/
Old 28.10.2019, 18:08
JD Manager

@nekromantik: according to log the account similiar to your nick is free account?
JDownloader tries to download with the account but mega answers with
HTTP/1.1 509 Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
This temporarily disables the account use and falls back to free download which will also fail because of limit reached.
Maybe the limit is reached because of the uses proxy? did you try without? maybe it's IP traffic limitation
Maybe try to disable/enable the global CDN settings in Settings-Plugins-mega
In doubt we can take a look at this together via Teamviewer, just contact me via support@jdownloader.org
Old 30.10.2019, 20:05
Super Loader

Quote:
@nekromantik:
Quote:
@nekromantik: according to log the account similiar to your nick is free account?
JDownloader tries to download with the account but mega answers with
HTTP/1.1 509 Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
This temporarily disables the account use and falls back to free download which will also fail because of limit reached.
Maybe the limit is reached because of the uses proxy? did you try without? maybe it's IP traffic limitation
Maybe try to disable/enable the global CDN settings in Settings-Plugins-mega
In doubt we can take a look at this together via Teamviewer, just contact me via support@jdownloader.org
Yes I am using proxy
I need it as I prefer to use VPN for downloads.
if I disable proxy it starts to work again for a day
Old 31.10.2019, 15:36
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback. So the limit is not only bound to account but also to IP.
Can you please verify if your account is premium or free? because in case it's premium then somethings not right as JDownloader detects it as free account.
Old 31.10.2019, 19:57
Super Loader

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. So the limit is not only bound to account but also to IP.
Can you please verify if your account is premium or free? because in case it's premium then somethings not right as JDownloader detects it as free account.
i removed and re added my premium account and it works fine now.
but this means I will need to keep buying it if I want to use JD2.:(
Used to work fine before via free account.
Old 31.10.2019, 20:21
JD Manager

As far as I know there isn't a *free guaranteed* quota. It might be because of proxy in place generating too many traffic or the account traffic. this is no news (as you can tell from age of thread) and no, it doesn't mean you have to buy premium but larger files that require more traffic than available currently don't work in JDownloader
Old 31.10.2019, 20:29
Super Loader

Quote:
Quote:
As far as I know there isn't a *free guaranteed* quota. It might be because of proxy in place generating too many traffic or the account traffic. this is no news (as you can tell from age of thread) and no, it doesn't mean you have to buy premium but larger files that require more traffic than available currently don't work in JDownloader
i usually download 2gb max files.
Old 24.11.2019, 13:02
Tornado

I'd been using a MEGA Pro account since weeks now, and have no problems till earlier today, when all of the sudden, I start getting the infamous "bandwidth limited" message. I don't know why, since the premium account is still active.

Since generally I download big files, I had JD2 configured in a way it downloads from MEGA using just "2"
files simultaneously, with 10 threads each. Today I had the queue partially filled with many little files, among other big ones, so I decided to lift up the simultaneous downloads restriction, and set it up to "20". The problem started a few minutes later, when the "bandwidth message started showing up. The "account manager" gone kind of nuts, since after refreshing it, it showed the "OK" status, but a few seconds later, it started checking again and changed it self to "temp. disabled" status; and it kept changing like that constantly.

So, I tried a few things, like restarting JD2, changing IP, removing the account and adding it again, but to no avail. Then, I tried to changes some settings from the plugin section, but despite being working for the rest, once I selected "MEGA", nothing was showed up. As last resort measure, I decided to try with a fresh JD2 portable version and the same "settings" file I had been using with the problematic version; I added the account information, imported the files to download and all was working again.

So, it seems something was bugged with the previously working version and it couldn't be fixed right away with a simple restart. Besides, the "download traffic left" information bar has an erratic behavior, since despite the quota value gets refreshed, it never isn't an accurate one.

EDIT: The "fresh" version still working fine, but now I see it started having the very same problem about "blank" plugins'
page for the "MEGA" host.

EDIT 2: While decrypting one and having others two in queue, I wanted to manually start a download, and started getting the annoying message once again.

24.11.19 07.38.35 <--> 24.11.19 09.14.25 jdlog://8534230900751/

EDIT 3: I tried with the MEGA's own desktop application, and I'm getting a message about my "Pro" account
being a free one; and that application reports the transfer quota incorrectly as well (it is reported correctly only on their website), so it's clearly not a JD2's problem.

The only problem with JD2 and MEGA I see so far is the next:

Code:
https://i.postimg.cc/QCpm6yWf/mega.jpg
EDIT 4: What their support service told me about using third-party clients:

Quote:
Are you using any third-party download client such as IDM, Mipony or JDownloader? If that is the case please stop using it with MEGA. No third party software can recognise your transfer quota allocated from MEGA.
Use our desktop sync client instead.
That's not true, since their own application is misinforming about the used/left transfer quota value as well.

This pathetic situation made me waste a lot of time. Of course I'm not going to buy a MEGA's subscription anymore.

Last edited by ElCho; 24.11.2019 at 17:36.
Old 04.12.2019, 18:38
Community Manager

Thanks for your detailed analysis!

What are you going to do about it now?
The MEGA support did not help you, right?

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 11.12.2023, 18:37
Modem User

Default Large Mega.nz downloads fail

When a file is large enough that it would take multiple sessions to download, Mega shows the user a warning of this, and prompts this one to get a paid plan.

The user can deny the prompt and start the download, assuming they're trying to download directly from Mega. However, when using JDownloader, the prompt seems to trip this one over.

When I try to download a file large enough that would prompt the warning from Mega, JDownloader tells me that it can't be downloaded.

Hope that was clear enough.
Old 19.12.2023, 16:15
Community Manager

Merged same topic mega threads.

@redd
Please read:
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...roubleshooting

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote: