JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 27.10.2020, 00:33
Baby Loader

Default Files are downloaded in incorrect order

Hello,

I have a list of files that I need to download. Problem is JDownloader automatically sorts them alphabetically and then donwloads them in that order.
I want to be able to autonumber and download all these files in the same order as they were pasted, not sorted alphabetically. Can this be done?

TIA
Old 27.10.2020, 09:41
JD Manager

I'm sorry but JDownloader is heavily multithreaded so there is no way to keep input order same as output order.

Why does the order matter? What exactly do you want to achieve? Can you give examples? then we can try to help
Old 27.10.2020, 20:31
Baby Loader

I paste the links from this Web site: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

I'd like them to be downloaded and auto-numbered in the same order as they appear on the Web site.

This order is important because it represents the order of lectures.

Last edited by madein; 27.10.2020 at 20:33.
Old 28.10.2020, 10:49
JD Manager

Do you add those one by one manually?

You can sort after "Added Date" column and either add numbers by yourself or maybe use a script for eventscripter to auto add numbers to the links in package. see https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=70525
In doubt ask mgpai for help, I'm sure he can write little script that adds numbers to the links

You can also use the <jd:indexof> dynamic tag in Settings->Packagizer and create a rule to append/modify filename to include this tag and then add links one after another , then sort links of package after "added date" and you should find the files with correct numbering

Last edited by Jiaz; 28.10.2020 at 11:03.
Old 28.10.2020, 11:09
JD Manager

Create new Rule:
-source URL - contains - allsignalprocessing
then
-set filename - <jd:indexof>_<jd:orgfilename>.<jd:orgfiletype>
Old 28.10.2020, 11:10
JD Manager

Some links can only be accessed while being logged in. For those you should create a linkcrawler rule and provide JDownloader the session/cookies so it can process those links. Please use board search and in case you need help, contact us again
Old 11.11.2020, 01:30
Black Hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
I'm sorry but JDownloader is heavily multithreaded so there is no way to keep input order same as output order.

Why does the order matter? What exactly do you want to achieve? Can you give examples? then we can try to help

I have a question about that, then.

When I add links they auto-sort alphabetically in the package (which I can't stand either) BUT if I link-grab 2 links, then manually switch the order of those, then every subsequent link I add in the same package will be sorted by when I add them.

If mulithreading makes it impossible, why does it then work that way?

The reason it's annoying is that I often have to rename links that have too generic of names, like "file.rar" or "001.zip". I dump all single links into a "Various" package to save screen space, then rename them. I don't like to have to hunt through the list to find wherever the file landed to rename it, having it nicely at the bottom each time is useful.
Old 11.11.2020, 09:10
Script Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabrown View Post
When I add links they auto-sort alphabetically in the package (which I can't stand either) BUT if I link-grab 2 links, then manually switch the order of those, then every subsequent link I add in the same package will be sorted by when I add them.
Auto-sort is enabled by default. It will be automatically disabled when the links are arranged in a different order manually and remain so until the context menu command is used to sort the contents of the package again.

Advanced Setting:
Code:
GeneralSettings.autosortchildrenenabled
Old 11.11.2020, 12:43
JD Manager

@dabrown: files are added to new package according to current used sorter (default is on name), once you change it , then the next files will be added/sorted according to that sorter. It has nothing to do with crawling or multithreaded but just the sorter in use when adding new links.
Old 11.11.2020, 12:45
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabrown View Post
The reason it's annoying is that I often have to rename links that have too generic of names, like "file.rar" or "001.zip". I dump all single links into a "Various" package to save screen space, then rename them. I don't like to have to hunt through the list to find wherever the file landed to rename it, having it nicely at the bottom each time is useful.
You can either sort according to *Added Date* column or use Packagizer Rules for better/automatic package assignment or even automatic file renaming
Old 11.11.2020, 12:46
JD Manager

We can provide further help with Packagizer if you can tell/explain us what exactly you need/want to achieve?
Old 11.11.2020, 12:57
Black Hole

Actually, disabling the setting mgpai listed made it do EXACTLY what I wanted it to do. So thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgpai View Post
Code:
GeneralSettings.autosortchildrenenabled
Old 11.11.2020, 13:04
JD Manager

Great Thanks for the feedback