JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 16.01.2021, 00:13
Stargate38 Stargate38 is offline
Super Loader
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United States, Earth, Milky Way, Local Galaxy Supercluster
Posts: 26
Default [Request] Paste2.org

I know you had support before, as there are some support threads:

https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=35615
https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=82692

But now I can't find it in the plugins. Why did you remove support for it?

Example links:

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Expected result: Grab the paste as *.txt file, or whatever the format is (like Pastebin)
What actually happens: JD2 scans the paste and grabs links inside of it.

We should have a plugin for this, with the option to either grab the whole paste, or parse the links within.

Off-topic: Why don't you support premium link generators? IMO, there's no reason to not support them. Also, please unban sharkboy, or at the very least, tell me what he did wrong, as I didn't see anything rule-breaking about his last post.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 18.01.2021, 17:35
pspzockerscene's Avatar
pspzockerscene pspzockerscene is offline
Community Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 57,597
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargate38 View Post
I know you had support before, as there are some support threads:

https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=35615
https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=82692

But now I can't find it in the plugins. Why did you remove support for it?
We didn't ever remove that plugin.
It is working just fine here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargate38 View Post
Expected result: Grab the paste as *.txt file, or whatever the format is (like Pastebin)
What actually happens: JD2 scans the paste and grabs links inside of it.

We should have a plugin for this, with the option to either grab the whole paste, or parse the links within.
I do not agree with you.
Until now, all of our "pastebin websites" crawlers would always only analyze the text for URLs.
If you want I can create a ticket for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargate38 View Post
Off-topic: Why don't you support premium link generators? IMO, there's no reason to not support them.
There are multiple reasons not to support them:
- Plugin development for premium link generators takes up a lof of time as they usually do not have an API and it's often required to go through several ad-websites to start downloading
- These websites would often actively fight downloadmanagers -> Even more work to keep those plugins working
- These websites often have a short lifespan of only a few weeks up until maybe one year - that simply isn't worth the effort


Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargate38 View Post
Also, please unban sharkboy, or at the very least, tell me what he did wrong, as I didn't see anything rule-breaking about his last post.
I've already told him what he did wrong - there is no reason to discuss this publicly.
If anything is unclear he is free to contact me via PN once he is unbanned (he is not banned permanently).

-psp-
__________________
JD Supporter, Plugin Dev. & Community Manager

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
That's true James
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Die Leute verstehen einfach nicht dass nur weil man mit einer Waffe auch auf Menschen schießen kann dass ein Schützenver​ein kein Ort für Amoklaufide​en ist
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 18.01.2021, 20:00
Stargate38 Stargate38 is offline
Super Loader
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United States, Earth, Milky Way, Local Galaxy Supercluster
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
I do not agree with you.
Until now, all of our "pastebin websites" crawlers would always only analyze the text for URLs.
If you want I can create a ticket for you.
Sure. I would love that. It would help out in cases where you want to mass-download pastes for backup purposes. For various reasons, they sometimes get taken down.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 18.01.2021, 20:05
pspzockerscene's Avatar
pspzockerscene pspzockerscene is offline
Community Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 57,597
Default

I don't see this happening any time in the near future but I've created a ticket nontheless:


JDownloader is open source - you can contribute code at any time.

-psp-
__________________
JD Supporter, Plugin Dev. & Community Manager

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
That's true James
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Die Leute verstehen einfach nicht dass nur weil man mit einer Waffe auch auf Menschen schießen kann dass ein Schützenver​ein kein Ort für Amoklaufide​en ist
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:49.
Provided By AppWork GmbH | Privacy | Imprint
Parts of the Design are used from Kirsch designed by Andrew & Austin
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.