JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 05.12.2010, 19:36
Cold0ne

Default Jdownloader freezes after some time, as of last week

Seems like whatever got updated in Jdownloader in the last week or two, the program now freezes for me after its been running for a few hours. I cant even close it by pressing X or Close in task manager, the only way is to End Task on the executable jwaw or whatever it is.
Please, whatever you guys changed in the last updates, please revise it and remove the freezing issues, just revert it back to how it used to be 2+ weeks ago (and adding the host plugins), but whatever else was changed to the actual running of the program it messed something up. And this happens virtually every time by the way, after a few hours maximum. Nothing was changed on my system in months, no java update, nothing. So it has to be due to an update which jdownloader automatically downloaded.

Please look into this guys, the program is basically un-useable right now. If anyone else has this issue lately, let the devs know in this thread too.

Last edited by Jiaz; 06.12.2010 at 13:26.
Old 05.12.2010, 20:54
clamatac

same problem here,

and I kwow more people with it

I'm going to try this http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=23207
Old 06.12.2010, 06:54
JD English Support (inactive)

Before each change, backup JD (Ctrl+B).
After each change, restart your computer.

1) Make sure you are using Java 32 bit JRE 6 update 21 (from java.sun.com/products/archive). Does this help?

2) If you are running Windows Vista or later, make sure to install the Required Patches listed in the stickies of General Discussion. Does this help?

3) S tart JDownloader using the instructions in General Discussion -> Self Help Index -> Posting an Emergency Log. This provides more information in the log and saves it to disk (so the freezes do not affect the log). Make sure to create an archive containing the txt files this creates and any hs_err*.log files in the JDownloader directory. Attach the archive to a message.

4) Change the Emergency Log batch file so that the Java line begins with
"java -Dsun.java2d.ddscale=true " (no quotes)
Does this help?

5) Update to the Nightly Test release and see if that helps. Use the file in (4) to start JDownloader. If that works, try starting JDownloader the normal way and see if that works.

Tell us about your experience.
Old 06.12.2010, 15:37
Cold0ne

Sorry I dont have time to do all of those steps right now, I am working too much. But I can tell you I have win XP, latest java, and using nightly version (updated to latest). Also I discovered another thread on this forum about this subject, started on Nov 27 which is when the issue began, and it is happening for A LOT of people not just me, and on every OS. It appears to be related to the changing of megaupload's system, without captcha and so forth. Its causing Jdownloader to crash often when downloading megaupload links over night for example. Also it appears theres no real solution for it yet on that thread (which has over 10 pages of replies now).

Actually I should correct myself, jdownloader does not crash, it seems to "pause" permanently. I can maximize the program but nothing shows up, and it blocks the view of other windows behind it. It seems to be an internal error within jdownloader itself, its trying to handle the megaupload's new methods and somehow doing it wrong, then it comes to an internal error or a point where it doesnt know what to do, and freezes / pauses. There is nothing you can do except close the .exe in task manager at that point.

Last edited by Cold0ne; 06.12.2010 at 15:40.
Old 06.12.2010, 15:43
JD Manager

do this
http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=23207
Old 06.12.2010, 15:49
Cold0ne

Ok i am on it, i am going to run this nightly.exe, even though I have already switched JD over to nightly version using the run command line (many months ago), and it has been auto-updating often. But now this nightly.exe seems to be doing a complete re-download of jdownloader nightly version so I am hoping this will fix it. thanks.

It actually changed Jdownloader's look now, so the nightly version I was using which was provided through java -jar or some such command under Start -> Run (from a thread I read months ago), well I guess that wasnt switching the program fully to Nightly version... I am downloading from MU now, and will report back after some hours if it hasnt frozen yet.

Last edited by Cold0ne; 06.12.2010 at 15:54.
Old 06.12.2010, 17:34
Cold0ne

Happy to report that with the real nightly .exe version, it downloaded 15 gigs from megaupload over night without "write to disk error" which is common on MU links, or any other freezing/pausing/connection stopping. So looks like nightly version is far superior to the public version people get, maybe try to integrate the nightly differences into the public release.

Last edited by Cold0ne; 07.12.2010 at 13:55.