JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 06.12.2010, 01:14
JUser

Exclamation Kaspersky 7: Focuses on Windows Explorer

This is an odd bug, and finally figured out the application causing it.

If I open a package folder (Windows Explorer) through JDownloader and then go to any application and press the letter "p", I get automatic focuses on the windows explorer opened by JDownloader. The letter p does not printout any characters; so, for example, if I was using notepad and pressed "p" it will just focus on the windows explorer and the letter p does not get typed in notepad (or any other application: word, firefox, explorer...). One other thing the folder must exist for the p "quick button" short-cut to work.

In the case of multiple windows explorers , it seems to always focus on the latest windows explorer I opened with JDownloader. If I close that explorer, the press "p" key works normal (i.e. gets typed).

(Open explorer by right clicking on a package and selecting "Open Directory" from the menu)

I have Windows XP SP3 with all the latest updates. Hope you can produce this.

Last edited by Jiaz; 06.12.2010 at 13:43.
Old 06.12.2010, 05:42
JD English Support (inactive)

This seems like a Windows problem, not a JD problem. It does not happen on my computer (with the same OS).

The most common reason for a problem like this is a keylogger trojan. Please test this in other programs, such as FireFox. Also run a virus scan and a test for "rootkit" viruses.

If you cannot find the cause, please install JDownloader into a different directory and update it. Then (with no JDownloader running) copy the contents of the old jdownloader\config directory over the new jdownloader\config directory. Please test the problem with the new installation.

If none of that works, try uninstalling your antivirus (which has already tested yous system, so you do not need it until you run a new program) and any system acceleration software. Test again.

Please let us know what your find.
Old 06.12.2010, 13:43
JD Manager

this can only be caused from windows bug OR like drbits thinks (me too) from a rootkit/trojan that got disturbed.

java cant do anything like what you describe. stealing keyboard inputs from another app is impossible to do with java.
Old 06.12.2010, 13:44
JD Manager

i suggest to install all windows updates and use a clean cd to check your computer for viruses/trojans/rootkits.
Old 06.12.2010, 17:27
JUser

I have kaspersky so I doubt I have a virus.

Sorry, I am unable to test it on another computer due to lack of access.

I tried it with firefox and one other C# homemade app that open windows explorer, they work fine. The problem is only producible with JDownloader, the only Java application I have that allows me to open a folder (I think).

I'll be running a virus scan see what turns up.

I guess it is unsolvable.
Old 07.12.2010, 08:12

Kaspersky does not catch the newer malware. It is not the correct product to protect your system.

Please see General Discussion -> Self Help Index -> Choosing and Installing Security Software.

Unless you are running both a virus scan and a root-kit scan on all of your files that run with your OS, you will not be performing an effective scan.
Old 07.12.2010, 12:10
remi

@JUser

I hope for you that it's not your virus program that's causing trouble. Some virus programs use rootkit technology.

See also "Symantec, Kaspersky Criticized for Cloaking Software -
Companies are accused of using rootkit-like techniques to hide information from users."
(by Robert McMillan, IDG News) ("**External links are only visible to Support Staff**)

It's time we get WikiLeaks on virus software.
Old 07.12.2010, 15:54
Polish Supporter

@remi:
This is pretty old info - since then Kaspersky relased 6 versions of their software

Also the Windows itself hides many things from the user: hidden system files (you're not able to look into "System Volume Information" directory without special tools), many functions are available only when using specialized tools like SysInternals, Windows' God mode etc etc...
So with mentioned in this article "definition" we can also name Windows - "a rootkit"
Old 07.12.2010, 16:04
remi

You're correct. Windoze is the biggest malware ever fabricated. If it would be open source, then there wouldn't be all these terrorised people trying to defend their malware OS.
Old 08.12.2010, 02:22
JUser

Solvable

Turns out the issue was Kaspersky itself. If I disable it then the problem goes.

I have Kaspersky 7 if you want to repeat it.

As to the other comments:

I am one of those people who think WikiLeaks sucks. Can't help but think it's a CIA-front. I mean it doesn't touch 911 with a 9ft pole (Yeah I am 911 truth seeker). I got a lot to say about this, but not the place.
Old 08.12.2010, 11:28
JD Manager

thanks for feedback about solution
Old 08.12.2010, 15:22

Political message moved to "Political Discussion" thread in General Discussion.

As interesting as I find the discussion, this is not the place.

In addition, signatures with political statements in them are not permitted.
Old 09.12.2010, 00:57
Polish Supporter

@JUser:

I have KIS 2011 (previously 2009 and 2010) and I've never had any problems with jD+Kaspersky after making proper setup of FV/AV. I've never seen such functionality in 2009-2011 versions.

Kaspersky 7 is pretty old soft and may be vulnerable to many latest threats,
you should consider upgrade to newer version. Also they probably fixed many bugs for last 4 years
Old 09.12.2010, 12:18
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
Political message moved to "Political Discussion" thread in General Discussion.
In addition, signatures with political statements in them are not permitted.
LOL. You're so funny. drbits splits thteads and psp merges threads, keeping each other in balance.

My answer
Quote:
OT. So you think WL has been setup by the CIA to leak their own data? Do you know that Julian, when he was still a school boy, just 'surfed' on the CIA network and its ultra secret computers? He said the doors were open so he just walked in. Why do you think Gate$ is now laughing about the way Julian has been arrested and has been imprisoned? They just want him dead, because Julian is publishing leaked documents that prove how corrupt and criminal the CIA/Pentagon are.
was marked "OT".

Only my post was moved to another thread and that thread was closed. Pure censorship.

Note that the free speech power elites want to censor define exactly the fears of those people. Power elites are afraid of free speech because they know they abuse their power.

Are you aware that your statement about politics is political itself?