JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 15.11.2015, 20:02
Mega Loader

Default + and - package buttons diffucult to click

This is an issue that has just started recently. When you try to open or close a package it often does not work. Instead sometimes it just seems to randomly select multiple packages. Sometimes you have to click + or - 3 or four times for it to work.
Old 15.11.2015, 20:42
JD Legend

didnt even notice this until i read the topic.
Old 16.11.2015, 13:18
JD Manager

Can you reproduce this? Never happened to me.
In what situation? LinkGrabber/DownloadList?
While adding/downloading Links?
Old 16.11.2015, 23:28
Mega Loader

It is doing it in both the linkgrabber and download list. I just loaded several packages with multiple links. When I clicked the top package it selected it but it took 4 clicks on the + to open. I went down a couple packages and it opened on the first click. A few more packages down I clicked the + button and the first time it selected everything from that package to the top of the list. After I clicked that package to unselect all the others it opened on the next click. I am using a brand new Logitech mouse that has been working great on everything else. I guess I could go back and try that crappy Microsoft mouse and see if I still have the problem. I bought the new mouse because that one was often jerky and unresponsive.

I am not imagining this. It has been doing this frequently. I began to notice this in about the last couple weeks. I use automatic updates and have the latest version. I am more or less a novice on the computer. When I have commented on problems here in the past I have been asked to send some kind of diagnostic files and I could not find them.

Please just leave this topic open and see if any other users are experiencing this. Maybe someone with better technical skills than me can help you track this problem. If I am the only one, perhaps I could save me config folder so I don't lose my settings and link list and reinstall.

When I first updated to 2 I used the one that loaded me up with so much adware that I had to go back a recent clone disk to be sure that it was all gone. When I updated on that disk I used the clean version and a lot of the problems I was having with 2 cleared up.

Edit:
Same problem with the Microsoft mouse.

Last edited by Oldgeezer; 17.11.2015 at 00:02.
Old 17.11.2015, 00:53
Banned

Hmm, In the older version of JD2 it appears to be a few hundred milliseconds faster to open and close packages.
Old 17.11.2015, 00:56
Banned

post #5 - wrong, please delete...

I know what is causing the problem !!!
Old 17.11.2015, 01:01
Banned

JD2 sometimes differences shows the mouse pointers...

1. More precisely and quickly opens...

Old 17.11.2015, 11:27
JD Manager

@Oldgeezer
Can we do a teamviewer session for this? You should not need more than 1 click. Maybe 2 when it is real bad timing. Just contact us via support@jdownloader.org

About adware. Please use the adware free installer from http://jdownloader.org/jdownloader2

What OS do you use? Cause I only know about similiar issue on a Mac System. It was a mouse/OS issue. Worked perfectly fine via Teamviewer.
Old 17.11.2015, 21:06
Mega Loader

I am using Windows 8.1. As I said before, I reverted to a previous clone made before my first update to 2 and used the clean installation. My point in mentioning that was that I was having a lot of problems with JD2 I reported that you could not reproduce that were fixed with the clean install.

If you are saying that I am absolutely the only one ever having this issue maybe I should try a reinstall. Perhaps something in my program has become corrupted. Can I do a reinstall with a repair option or should I uninstall first after I backup my config folder to keep my settings and link list?

I'm not sure what a teamviewer session is but it sounds like some sort of remote access. I have heard that you should never allow remote access even with people you trust because sometimes hackers can possibly exploit this.
Old 18.11.2015, 15:52
JD Manager

You can always do a clean install. Just backup your cfg folder and restore it afterwards

Teamviewer is a remote control software that we use for live support.
About your "allow remote access...." you use and trust our JDownloader. If we really would harm you or do some *hacking* we already could have done that via JDownloader.
It was just an offer, but of course you can try to re-install JDownloader.
Old 18.11.2015, 17:16
Mega Loader

I was not suggesting that Jdownloader support would ever try to hack me. I trust you. I have just heard that sometimes allowing any remote access could have open hidden vulnerabilities that hackers can use.
Old 19.11.2015, 14:52
JD Manager

None taken, you are right about *not giving remote control easily!*
Old 19.11.2015, 16:52
DSL User

I second the observations of Oldgeezer, which precisely nails down the problem with his description! I don't know exactly when I noticed the described behaviour the first time, but it was several updates in the past.

My jD2 runs on Windows Vista 32bit with latest updates (jD2 as well as Windows) and with Java 1.8.0_66. Most of the times I run jD2 from inside Eclipse 4.5.1 to have more control about what is going on.

I observed the described behaviour over some Java, Eclipse and jD2 updates and thought it would be a glitch somewhere in my system, but obviously I'm not the only one and it seems to be a problem somewhere in event handling or so...
Old 20.11.2015, 11:06
JD Manager

We need a way to reproduce this, so we can find out if its a java issue or something in JDownloader